Executive Director – Penn-Northwest Development Corporation – Hermitage, PA
The Executive Director of the Penn-Northwest Development Corporation provides dynamic leadership to (1) recruit industries and businesses to Mercer County, including manufacturing, technology, commerce, and health-related industries; (2) support and retain regional businesses and economic enterprises; and (3) coordinate with key regional stakeholders to execute effective strategies and programs to generate regional economic development. This position reports to the Penn-Northwest Board of Directors and oversees a respected regional economic development organization with growing membership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead, plan and promote regional economic development, setting priorities for attracting and retaining businesses and organizations in alignment with regional plans and priorities.
• Identify and market Mercer County’s distinct assets and opportunities.
• Attract industries and businesses, coordinating comprehensive project proposals and incentive packages with appropriate local, regional, state and federal agencies.
• Support local industries and businesses to achieve economic success, innovation, and expansion.
• Communicate with local, state, and federal governmental agencies and elected officials to advance the economic development of the region, effectively conveying the priorities, assets and needs of Mercer County.
• Collaborate with educational institutions to enhance workforce development and certificate and degree programs that support business development.
• Engage with multiple media outlets and platforms to advance the economic development of Mercer Country
• Engage with national, state, local organizations, agencies, and boards involved in economic development, participating at workshops and conferences at the state and national level.
• Build and sustain relations and initiatives that fund economic development efforts.
• Develop a program of work and annual budget to be approved by the Board of Directors.
• Pursue government and foundation grants as well as philanthropic support from individuals.
• Provide oversight and appropriate management of grants to meet expected outcomes.
Experience & Education:
• Proven leadership with professional experience in local or regional economic development or related work in the private, non-profit, or governmental sectors.
• Demonstrated experience with successful project management, including effective collaboration with stakeholders, data-informed decisions, and evaluation of outcomes.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative working relationships.
• Effective written and oral communication and the ability to market regional assets and business success.
• Knowledge of media relations and experience working with a variety of media outlets and platforms.
• Familiarity and involvement with regional business and governmental networks and demonstrated experience in building strong relationships and navigating private and public networks to advance business success.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s a plus, in Business Management, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration, Marketing, or related field. Additional certifications in Economic Development, Leadership, and Finance valued.
Penn-Northwest Development Corporation offers:
• Competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience
To apply, please send Cover Letter outlining vision for economic development in Mercer County, Resume and three
Professional References to email@example.com
Learn more at www.penn-northwest.com
September 1st Webinar – Multi-Billion Dollar Ohio Solar Industry and Its Benefits for Ohio Communities
Hear from experts about why utility scale solar development is so hot right now in Ohio. Webinar will highlight the multi-billion dollar economic benefits for Ohio communities and the opportunity to create thousands of jobs. Bonus- Ohio University will reveal key findings from the newly published study on the economic impacts of Ohio utility scale solar.read more
This year presented us with a lot of unexpected challenges. But as Ohioans, we don’t give up, and throughout this pandemic, we’ve demonstrated the value of our economic development network. The JobsOhio team is thankful for all you’ve done to help companies and your communities during this time. We have a long road still ahead of us, but JobsOhio believes this is the time to rebuild, improve and seize opportunities.read more
Looking to repeat the positive results of a pilot program implemented in one neighborhood over the past two years, the Montgomery County Land Bank has recently begun two more projects under its Thriving Neighborhoods Initiative.read more