Research Analyst – REDI Cincinnati
The research analyst is responsible for supporting the business development team with both day-to-day research needs and ad hoc research projects. The research analyst is at the intersection of analyzing and understand economic data and relating it to the client need. At its core, this position is about making what the data says clear and digestible to businesses looking to locate or grow in Greater Cincinnati. This position is ideal for a naturally curious problem solver who likes variation in his or her work and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform analysis of available data to guide REDI Cincinnati’s business development and project management initiatives.
- Assist in the development of responses to consultant- and company-generated requests for information (RFIs).
- Support the research needs of investors, community partners, and stakeholders.
- Analyze established research resources to produce reports to REDI Cincinnati stakeholders.
- Maintain and update statistics for the website, marketing material, and RFI response template
- Willingness and ability to learn, understand, and articulate verbally and in writing a variety of benefits and features of the region.
- Serve as a professional ambassador and representative of REDI Cincinnati, JobsOhio, and the 16-county region.
- Interact with REDI Cincinnati team, investors, and JobsOhio staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Attend all REDI Cincinnati events.
- Action and results-oriented
- Ability to learn quickly
- Naturally curious
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical problem solver
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage projects and organize priorities
- Professional behavior and attire
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, marketing, economics, or similar required.
- Basic understanding of data analysis and statistics required.
- Experience using labor market data, Power BI, Adobe, or presentation software preferred, but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The environment is typical of an office environment
Interested candidates may send resume and cover letter to HTaphorn@REDICincinnati.com. No phone calls.
The I 70 / 75 Economic Development Summit on May 30 will feature Heather E. McGowan is an internationally known speaker, writer, and advisor. McGowan prepares leaders to most-effectively react to rapid and disruptive changes in education, work, and society. As a Future of Work Strategist, Heather has worked with diverse teams to address these challenges.read more
Two advisors at the Ohio Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Summit Medina Business Alliance Inc. have received prestigious professional certifications after undergoing training through the National Development Council.read more
Students in the course have rated the course very highly. “Some great real world examples” “this was a great course. I learned a lot, not only about course content, but real life examples too.”read more