Accounting Administrator of Community Development Financial Operations – Development Finance Authority of Summit County
OFFICE: Development Finance Authority of Summit County
CLASSIFICATION: Accounting Administrator of Community Development Financial Operations
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR (TITLE): President or Managing Director, DFWR
POSITIONS SUPERVISED (TITLE): None
Pay Table: DF
Date Revised: 03/2021
Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation, compliance mandates, and/or operational management decisions.
Under general direction, performs the general accounting and finance functions for the Development Fund of the Western Reserve (DFWR) and Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF), two private non-profit community focused financing entities managed by the DFA. This includes preparing and compiling financial reports, budgets, and working on several organizational audits. Performs financial recording – including accounts payable and receivable for multiple entities. Works closely with borrowers, investors, and other partners to ensure asset quality. Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATIONS OF TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; preferred area of focus in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting and small business finance is preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Required certification, license and special requirements of position (e.g., physical demands and work environment, safety hazards, ability to access the various work sites, lifting, etc.)
- Possession of valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain all required licenses, training and certification, plus any security clearances
- Meet and maintain eligibility requirements for bonding.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to travel to and access the various assigned work sites, other offices and agencies.
- Job is physically comfortable. Typically requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, keying, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions; use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- May occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and employee will regularly be exposed to normal hazards associated with an office environment.
ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES: (The duties listed below are intended to depict tasks performed by this position)
In all functions of this position the Employee must maintain confidentiality of applicable department data, information and records.
Financial Management Functions:
– Accounts Payable (DFWR/WRCF/Subsidiaries): Receives, reviews, analyzes, codes and processes administrative fiscal documentation (e.g. expense reports, invoices, vouchers) or other related materials; verifies documentation to ensure validity, completeness and accuracy; prepares necessary forms for disbursement of funds; enters transactions into QuickBooks (DFWR/WRCF/Subsidiaries); maintains accounts, balances, processes account transfers as needed.
– Accounts Receivable (DFWR/WRCF/Subsidiaries):Receives money from payment of interest, principal, fees and other financial transactions; receives payments (e.g. cash, checks, wires or ACH), prepares and reconciles receipts or other forms necessary for receipt of funds; prepares deposits, assigns revenue codes and allocates payments to proper accounts utilizing computerized systems; recaps fiscal documentation from receipts, account balances and submits in report format.
– Record Keeping (DFWR/WRCF/Subsidiaries): record certain financial activity in QuickBooks and perform monthly reconciliations. Maintains accounting records, files, documents and necessary detail schedules to ensure control of assets; ensures that receipts and expenditures are fully compliant with local, state and federal laws and actions/policies of the DFWR/WRCF Board of Directors. Establish and manages multiple funds.
– Annual Audits and Tax Returns (DFWR/WRCF/Subsidiaries): Manage the audit and tax process. Compile and relay information to auditors and accounting professionals.
– Banking (DFWR/WRCF/Subsidiaries): Manage banking procedures and relationships including online administration.
Asset Management Functions:
Review portfolio of borrower’s financial statements and work with DFWR/WRCF team to perform quarterly analysis and risk rating. Compile reports and disseminate information to appropriate staff and boards.
Adheres to all policies and procedures (e.g. Authority, county, federal, and state); provides quality customer service by assisting staff, government officials, partners, community leaders, professionals, borrowers, vendors and businesses in resolving inquiries, complaints, or problems; assists with funding applications including grant and allocation requests; contributes to marketing materials including writing, visual aids and power point presentations; presents self in a professional, ethical and culturally sensitive manner to co-workers, partners, and the public; attends meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, and training to remain current and knowledgeable on policies, regulations, procedures as directed; demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (* Indicates developed after employment)
Comprehensive knowledge of governmental and general accounting and budgeting structure and processes; fiscal analysis and data processing techniques; operation of computer and business applications (proficiency required in MS Office suite & QuickBooks); government structure and process*; leadership principles and practices; administrative/supervisory/management principles and practices; budgeting techniques; federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations; office practices and procedures; Authority policies, procedures, goals and objectives*; government contracting*; human and public relations; technical or business writing; effective oral communication. Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial, budget and other data to arrive at valid conclusions for asset management; facilitate and coordinate teamwork among staff and partners; apply laws, rules, regulations; adherence to professional and ethical standards, recommendations, and plans of action; prepare and/or edit financial, compliance and loan analysis reports and policies; manage many variables and determine specific effective action; develop and maintain effective working relationships; calculate statistics, fractions, decimals and percentages; handle routine and sensitive inquiries from government officials, vendors, businesses, and general public; prepare meaningful, accurate and concise reports and standard forms; maintain accurate records; apply analytical skills, demonstrate problem-solving skills, and exercise good judgment; prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines; clearly and effectively communicate information (sometimes of a complex nature) in written or spoken English, listen well, ask relevant questions, resolve complaints; use a computer to draft documents, perform research, monitor compliance matters. Ability to show respect for the opinions of others and work to ensure an atmosphere free of interruptions, difficulty, and/or discrimination; demonstrate regular and predictable attendance; be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance; beginning and ending assignments on time; develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with employees, government officials, clients, vendors, partners, and/or any other representatives of external organizations. Skill in computer operation and applications (proficiency required in MS Office suite & QuickBooks) and office equipment.
Interested candidates please apply at https://jobs.summitoh.net/postings/search
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more