Administrative Assistant – Athens County Economic Development Council
Reports to: Director
Direct reports: None
Work schedule: Part time, time, typically between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. with adjustments made for early morning, evening, and weekend meetings and events, and as needed to accomplish stated functions.
- Filing, documentation and record keeping for multiple office activities (accounts payable/receivable, reimbursement, timesheets, etc.)
- Retrieve mail/Log bills and invoices to send to accounting office/Disperse mail to relevant staff members
- Answer multiple phone lines/Screen phone calls/Direct calls to appropriate staff members
- Keep office organized and meeting/lobby areas clean
- Organize and schedule meetings for staff
o Prepare briefing documents for meetings
o Provide logistical support (driving directions, hotel, handouts, etc.)
o Log meeting and events on all staff calendars
- Prepare meeting documentation and room set-up for all in-house meetings
- Organize or assist with events: scheduling, ordering food, reserving location, contacting speakers with logistics support
- Record and prepare minutes for ACEDC and Port Authority meetings in conjunction with the Project Specialist
- Reconcile monthly account logs for accountant
- Record and submit payments for Revolving Loan Funds
- Some running of local errands (Must provide transportation, mileage reimbursed monthly)
- Maintain office email and contact lists
- Maintain and add events to website calendar/Other assistance with website as requested by staff
- Assist with coordination of the Young Athens Professionals meet-ups
- Assist staff with special projects
Requirements of the job:
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to develop positive and beneficial relationships.
- Knowledge of business and accounting principles, especially small business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work well with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook).
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, heavy workload environment.
- Open communication is essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Accounting experience.
- Work in a small business or non-profit.
- Previous small-staff admin position.
- Some college or equivalent experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology and software.
This position requires a 30-day advance notice of intent to quit. The notice must be provided in writing to the director.
This position will occasionally require early morning and evening commitments.
Wage: This is a part-time position paying $15/hour. Periodic pay increases may be given as deemed appropriate and affordable by the Director and the budgeting process. Merit increases may be given as the result of positive performance evaluations and cost-of-living increases may be given after each full year of employment.
Benefits: All benefits begin after 90-day probation unless stated otherwise.
- Unpaid vacation: 5 consecutive days per year are available starting after 90 days and 10 days per year used at a time beginning the second year, resetting each year thereafter on the anniversary of the employee’s hire date. Vacation time must be requested at least two weeks in advance, the dates cannot coincide with another staff member’s previously reserved vacation, and all requests must be approved by the Director. Vacation time does not carryover.
- Paid sick time: 4 hours of sick pay are earned per every 120 hours of work. Sick time may be used in hourly increments and can only be used to cover for time missed due to a legitimate illness of the employee or a member of the employee’s family. Unused sick days are not paid out and do not carryover.
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 12th at 3pm.
TIFFIN, OHIO – Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership (TSEP) announced today the launch of the Tiffin-Seneca Entrepreneurial Opportunity Clearinghouse (TSEOC), an online destination for investors, entrepreneurs and others to learn about available franchise, business acquisition, investment and other start-up business opportunities. The website for the clearinghouse can be accessed at tseoc.org.read more
ARCHBOLD, OHIO – Partnerships are always sought after, and in most cases, necessary for success across all industry and education. In Defiance County a new partnership has taken place to meet an industry need, education need, and human need. The Defiance Dream Center, Defiance City Schools, OhioMeansJobs-Defiance and Paulding Counties, Defiance County Economic Development Office, and Northwest State Community College have come together to provide a high school construction course that will enable seven students to earn valuable skills and a Lean Yellow Belt Certification.read more
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Thomas Steel Strip, a subdivision of Tata Steel, has announced plans to expand its workforce in Warren, adding 42 new jobs and retaining 220 positions, to support the company’s entrée into the rechargeable battery market.read more