Annual Excellence Awards Deadline Extended to Aug. 11, 2017
The deadline for submissions for OEDA’s Annual Excellence Awards has been extended to Aug. 11, 2017. But, wait—there’s more exciting news! Organizations now have the opportunity to have a video highlighting their project created at no cost. This is a tremendous opportunity to have excellence in your community and/or organization recognized state-wide. And, the video is yours to keep!
Winners will have a professional quality video that can be used for marketing, business attraction, retention and expansion efforts, and with community stakeholders and decision makers. Don’t miss this opportunity–submit your nomination today!
- Nominations are free for current OEDA members. The nomination fee for non-members is $50.
- Nominations can be done on a confidential basis. Just check the appropriate box on the nomination form.
- Organizations can self-nominate.
- A panel of OEDA members and previous winners will assess the nominations, determine finalists and select an overall winner.
- OEDA will provide videographer services to the winners for the creation of a 2-3 minute video highlighting their project. This video will be featured at the awards luncheon at the Annual Summit and the organizations’ to keep.
- The highlight video can become an excellent marketing tool for organizations and communities and is provided as an awards perk at no cost to the winners.
- Deadline for nominations is Aug. 11, 2017. Payment for non-member submissions, $50, is also due at that time.
- For more details and to access nomination forms click HERE.
Fiscal Impact Analysis can be a valuable tool to understand the costs and benefits of development. But FIA can be a complex process that is difficult for policy makers and citizens to comprehend.read more
Ninety percent of the Kenworth Class-8 global truck volume is built in Chillicothe, Ohio!
On April 24, 2019, the community celebrated the groundbreaking for a new paint facility that will improve efficiency and preserve the quality of The World’s Best Truck. The project represents $140 million in capital investment and will bring 100 new, great paying jobs to Ross County upon its completion in 2021. The Kenworth Chillicothe plant, which opened in 1974, currently employs more than 2300 people. In addition to the new paint facility, a $30 million robotic cab assembly system will be installed this summer.read more
In March 2019, I joined the JobsOhio team and determined my first priority was to meet with our local economic development partners across the great state of Ohio. My goal was to understand your experiences with us, learn where we exceeded your expectations, and hear your ideas on ways to improve our partnership. Economic development has always been a team effort, so I wanted to engage the team, and indeed you engaged with us!read more