Annual Excellence Awards Deadline Extended to Aug. 11, 2017
The deadline for submissions for OEDA’s Annual Excellence Awards has been extended to Aug. 11, 2017. But, wait—there’s more exciting news! Organizations now have the opportunity to have a video highlighting their project created at no cost. This is a tremendous opportunity to have excellence in your community and/or organization recognized state-wide. And, the video is yours to keep!
Winners will have a professional quality video that can be used for marketing, business attraction, retention and expansion efforts, and with community stakeholders and decision makers. Don’t miss this opportunity–submit your nomination today!
- Nominations are free for current OEDA members. The nomination fee for non-members is $50.
- Nominations can be done on a confidential basis. Just check the appropriate box on the nomination form.
- Organizations can self-nominate.
- A panel of OEDA members and previous winners will assess the nominations, determine finalists and select an overall winner.
- OEDA will provide videographer services to the winners for the creation of a 2-3 minute video highlighting their project. This video will be featured at the awards luncheon at the Annual Summit and the organizations’ to keep.
- The highlight video can become an excellent marketing tool for organizations and communities and is provided as an awards perk at no cost to the winners.
- Deadline for nominations is Aug. 11, 2017. Payment for non-member submissions, $50, is also due at that time.
- For more details and to access nomination forms click HERE.
One of the Dayton region’s largest manufacturing companies is planning a massive expansion at one of its local facilities.
Cargill Inc., a Minnesota-based provider of food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services, will invest $225 million to expand its integrated soybean crush and refined oils facility in Sidney.
The project will create new jobs and further enhance Cargill’s presence in the region.read more
The Montrose Group released A Rural Development White Paper: A Mandate for Transformation timed in conjunction with a forum held in Circleville, Ohio before 100 economic development, business and community leaders focused on rural economic development. A copy of the white paper can be found at https://montrosegroupllc.com/2019/10/rural-development-whitepaper-a-mandate-for-transformation/.read more
URBANA, Ohio – On November 1, students from Urbana High School were announced as the winners of the second annual Champaign County Design Challenge during the county-level competition at Urbana University. The winning team, consisting of Ron Ragland, Bryant McKenzie, Dale Mason, Bryant Chamberlain, and Johnny Moore, are part of Ohio Hi-Point’s Advanced Manufacturing satellite program at Urbana High School.read more