Assistant Director – GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation
GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation seeking a dynamic and energetic professional to participate in the implementation of the economic development strategies identified by the Corporation. Activities include, but are not limited to: (1) fostering relationships with existing and prospective workforce development partners; (2) promote opportunities in Licking County; (3) facilitating the development and implementation of GROW Licking County’s Business Retention & Expansion program; (4) collaborating with the GROW Licking County executive director in responding to
economic development opportunities from internal and external sources as well as (5) pursuing the achievement of the county’s overall economic growth goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Based on skill set and general acumen, the incumbent would be responsible collaborating with the Executive Director in the planning and implementation of the following three critical items associated with GROW Licking County CIC.
- Workforce Development programming
- Business Retention & Expansion programming
- Business Attraction Activities
Workforce Development Programming:
• Collaborate with partners of GROW Licking County to identify and implement best practices and effective strategies for workforce development programming within Licking County;
• Provide reports and analysis to the executive director and Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: workforce development initiatives and activities;
• Coordinate, as necessary, contractors and consultants retained to develop and implement workforce development programming.
Business Retention & Expansion Programming:
• Interact with local industry and economic development-related partners to coordinate and schedule meetings & discussions related to existing business visits and issues;
• Track meeting schedules and provide reports to the executive director & Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: retention and expansion meeting summaries as well as outstanding requests/issues identified;
Business Attraction Activities:
• In collaboration with the Corporation’s lead generation service and selected platform, the incumbent would be responsible for arranging initial conversations and any follow-up activities;
• Incumbent may be responsible for traveling regionally, nationally, or internationally for business development related activities.
In addition to the above, the incumbent will still be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Candidates should possess at least a bachelor’s degree in a field of study directly relevant to the duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, public policy, business, real estate, nonprofit, and/or finance.
• Additionally, the candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in economic development or related work in non-profit, finance, workforce, real estate, or community development.
• A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
• Candidates should have strong time management skills, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as experience presenting information in a professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
• Ideal candidates should also have a broad knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications, Salesforce.com or similar CRM-platforms and a variety of social media applications. Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Candidates must be able to handle material and information of a confidential nature.
Compensation based upon qualifications and experience. Applications accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Nathan A Strum
GROW Licking County CIC
The GROW Licking County CIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Over the last year and a half, our world has been shaken, leveling the playing field and giving rise to new opportunities. Ohio has taken advantage of this generational opportunity with new programs and services that strengthen Ohio’s businesses and attract new ones to our state.read more
The Clinton County Port Authority won a Silver Award for its “#EDW2021 in Clinton County” project from the from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). The recognition was awarded in the category of “Innovation in Economic Development Week.”read more
During a meeting Tuesday, Oct. 5, the City of Tiffin Architectural Board of Review (ABR) approved façade grants for Bailiwicks and Behm & Henry. With these approvals, 100 building projects in Downtown Tiffin have now been approved by the ABR for the Façade Enhancement Program.read more