Assistant Director – GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation
GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation seeking a dynamic and energetic professional to participate in the implementation of the economic development strategies identified by the Corporation. Activities include, but are not limited to: (1) fostering relationships with existing and prospective workforce development partners; (2) promote opportunities in Licking County; (3) facilitating the development and implementation of GROW Licking County’s Business Retention & Expansion program; (4) collaborating with the GROW Licking County executive director in responding to
economic development opportunities from internal and external sources as well as (5) pursuing the achievement of the county’s overall economic growth goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Based on skill set and general acumen, the incumbent would be responsible collaborating with the Executive Director in the planning and implementation of the following three critical items associated with GROW Licking County CIC.
- Workforce Development programming
- Business Retention & Expansion programming
- Business Attraction Activities
Workforce Development Programming:
• Collaborate with partners of GROW Licking County to identify and implement best practices and effective strategies for workforce development programming within Licking County;
• Provide reports and analysis to the executive director and Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: workforce development initiatives and activities;
• Coordinate, as necessary, contractors and consultants retained to develop and implement workforce development programming.
Business Retention & Expansion Programming:
• Interact with local industry and economic development-related partners to coordinate and schedule meetings & discussions related to existing business visits and issues;
• Track meeting schedules and provide reports to the executive director & Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: retention and expansion meeting summaries as well as outstanding requests/issues identified;
Business Attraction Activities:
• In collaboration with the Corporation’s lead generation service and selected platform, the incumbent would be responsible for arranging initial conversations and any follow-up activities;
• Incumbent may be responsible for traveling regionally, nationally, or internationally for business development related activities.
In addition to the above, the incumbent will still be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Candidates should possess at least a bachelor’s degree in a field of study directly relevant to the duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, public policy, business, real estate, nonprofit, and/or finance.
• Additionally, the candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in economic development or related work in non-profit, finance, workforce, real estate, or community development.
• A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
• Candidates should have strong time management skills, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as experience presenting information in a professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
• Ideal candidates should also have a broad knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications, Salesforce.com or similar CRM-platforms and a variety of social media applications. Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Candidates must be able to handle material and information of a confidential nature.
Compensation based upon qualifications and experience. Applications accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Nathan A Strum
GROW Licking County CIC
The GROW Licking County CIC is an equal opportunity employer.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more