Call for Governor’s Cup Submissions
It is time again to start thinking about the Governor’s Cup, awarded by Site Selection magazine every spring. Ohio continues as a leading destination for new business investment and job creation. Through a statewide collaborative effort, we can continue our positive momentum by submitting successful economic development projects to the Governor’s Cup submission portal at https://www.jobsohio.com/govcup-input/ until November 19, 2019.
Conway Data uses the collected data to determine rankings for Site Selection’s Governor’s Cup submission. This is significant for a couple of reasons:
- First, from a marketing and sales perspective, positive rankings help attract investment opportunities to the state of Ohio and the metropolitan and micropolitan areas that place high on the list.
- Second, JobsOhio can work with our network partners, as well as the Ohio Development Services Authority, to analyze details of projects won outside of those that JobsOhio assists. This data is crucial to refining our strategies and resources to grow Ohio as a desirable location for economic development.
Projects that meet one or more of the following criteria can be considered:
- Employees: 20 or more new jobs created.
- Square footage: 20,000 or more of new or expanded facility space.
- Capital investment: $1 million or more for construction, land or building.
Manufacturing, distribution, office, data centers, call centers and R&D projects are all eligible for submission. A project is more likely to be accepted when the local economic development organization supplies more than one of the qualifying data criteria above to the Governor’s Cup submission portal.
Deadline for submissions is November 19, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact JobsOhio’s Stuart Moynihan at 614.224.6446.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more