Call for Governor’s Cup Submissions
It is time again to start thinking about the Governor’s Cup, awarded by Site Selection magazine every spring. Ohio continues as a leading destination for new business investment and job creation. Through a statewide collaborative effort, we can continue our positive momentum by submitting successful economic development projects to the Governor’s Cup submission portal at https://www.jobsohio.com/govcup-input/ until November 19, 2019.
Conway Data uses the collected data to determine rankings for Site Selection’s Governor’s Cup submission. This is significant for a couple of reasons:
- First, from a marketing and sales perspective, positive rankings help attract investment opportunities to the state of Ohio and the metropolitan and micropolitan areas that place high on the list.
- Second, JobsOhio can work with our network partners, as well as the Ohio Development Services Authority, to analyze details of projects won outside of those that JobsOhio assists. This data is crucial to refining our strategies and resources to grow Ohio as a desirable location for economic development.
Projects that meet one or more of the following criteria can be considered:
- Employees: 20 or more new jobs created.
- Square footage: 20,000 or more of new or expanded facility space.
- Capital investment: $1 million or more for construction, land or building.
Manufacturing, distribution, office, data centers, call centers and R&D projects are all eligible for submission. A project is more likely to be accepted when the local economic development organization supplies more than one of the qualifying data criteria above to the Governor’s Cup submission portal.
Deadline for submissions is November 19, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact JobsOhio’s Stuart Moynihan at 614.224.6446.
The City of Delaware welcomes Cody Hatten as its new Economic Development Coordinator.
Hatten previously served in various capacities with the Lawrence Economic Development Corporation in Lawrence County, Ohio. His positions included Economic Development Specialist and Director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau.read more
The 2022 Ohio Basic Economic Development Course (OBEDC) is an intensive training experience for economic development practitioners, community leaders, local government officials and others committed to building healthy economies for their communities.read more
OEDA has two important sessions taking place in February, 2022 that will be of interest,read more