Call for Presentations – 2019 OEDA Annual Summit
OEDA invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2019 Annual Summit, themed “Better Together” to be held October 7-9, 2019 at the Embassy Suites Columbus-Dublin. This year’s theme reminds all of us that partnership is a core value of economic development.
Reflecting upon this year’s theme, we are particularly interested in presentations that include examples of both traditional and non-traditional partners, the value of relationships in building trust and buy-in, leveraging resources from multiple organizations or combining multiple tools and programs, and collaboration and cooperation among local, regional, and state organizations.
Submissions can cover the broad topics of economic development, community development, and workforce development that have a partnership, coalition, or collaboration component. However, you are encouraged to submit specific projects or initiatives that demonstrate that partnerships were a critical element of success, have measurable results, overcame long-standing or historical barriers and/or public opinion. Panel presentations are encouraged along with local case studies and examples. Consider:
- A utility or transportation infrastructure project
- Innovative industry – workforce partnership
- Collaboration between private and public entities
- Cooperation of multiple levels of government or jurisdictions
- Non-traditional funding partners or programs
- A program or tool was used to access additional resources
The OEDA Annual Summit offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies that have worked in your community.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Complete the Call for Presentations Form in its entirety below by April 30, 2019.
- Break-out sessions will be in 45-minute increments. Presenters are encouraged to keep the prepared content to 35 minutes to allow 10 minutes for questions following the presentation.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program. Submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Summit Planning Committee, and you will be contacted by late June 2019 if your presentation has been selected.
- Annual Summit proposals should not be submitted unless each presenter is available to appear on any day of the Annual Summit (October 8-9, 2019). Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking date and time until the agenda is established (after June 30 2019).
CLICK HERE to submit your proposal by April 30th.
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will assess the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced at a ceremony during the OEDA Annual Summit to be held October 16-18 at The Renaissance Columbus Downtown. All award finalists and winners will be notified prior to the Annual Summit so as to make appropriate arrangements.read more
Fiscal Impact Analysis can be a valuable tool to understand the costs and benefits of development. But FIA can be a complex process that is difficult for policy makers and citizens to comprehend.read more
Ninety percent of the Kenworth Class-8 global truck volume is built in Chillicothe, Ohio!
On April 24, 2019, the community celebrated the groundbreaking for a new paint facility that will improve efficiency and preserve the quality of The World’s Best Truck. The project represents $140 million in capital investment and will bring 100 new, great paying jobs to Ross County upon its completion in 2021. The Kenworth Chillicothe plant, which opened in 1974, currently employs more than 2300 people. In addition to the new paint facility, a $30 million robotic cab assembly system will be installed this summer.read more