Call for Presentations – 2019 OEDA Annual Summit
OEDA invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2019 Annual Summit, themed “Better Together” to be held October 7-9, 2019 at the Embassy Suites Columbus-Dublin. This year’s theme reminds all of us that partnership is a core value of economic development.
Reflecting upon this year’s theme, we are particularly interested in presentations that include examples of both traditional and non-traditional partners, the value of relationships in building trust and buy-in, leveraging resources from multiple organizations or combining multiple tools and programs, and collaboration and cooperation among local, regional, and state organizations.
Submissions can cover the broad topics of economic development, community development, and workforce development that have a partnership, coalition, or collaboration component. However, you are encouraged to submit specific projects or initiatives that demonstrate that partnerships were a critical element of success, have measurable results, overcame long-standing or historical barriers and/or public opinion. Panel presentations are encouraged along with local case studies and examples. Consider:
- A utility or transportation infrastructure project
- Innovative industry – workforce partnership
- Collaboration between private and public entities
- Cooperation of multiple levels of government or jurisdictions
- Non-traditional funding partners or programs
- A program or tool was used to access additional resources
The OEDA Annual Summit offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies that have worked in your community.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Complete the Call for Presentations Form in its entirety below by April 30, 2019.
- Break-out sessions will be in 45-minute increments. Presenters are encouraged to keep the prepared content to 35 minutes to allow 10 minutes for questions following the presentation.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program. Submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Summit Planning Committee, and you will be contacted by late June 2019 if your presentation has been selected.
- Annual Summit proposals should not be submitted unless each presenter is available to appear on any day of the Annual Summit (October 8-9, 2019). Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking date and time until the agenda is established (after June 30 2019).
CLICK HERE to submit your proposal by April 30th.
September 1st Webinar – Multi-Billion Dollar Ohio Solar Industry and Its Benefits for Ohio Communities
Hear from experts about why utility scale solar development is so hot right now in Ohio. Webinar will highlight the multi-billion dollar economic benefits for Ohio communities and the opportunity to create thousands of jobs. Bonus- Ohio University will reveal key findings from the newly published study on the economic impacts of Ohio utility scale solar.read more
This year presented us with a lot of unexpected challenges. But as Ohioans, we don’t give up, and throughout this pandemic, we’ve demonstrated the value of our economic development network. The JobsOhio team is thankful for all you’ve done to help companies and your communities during this time. We have a long road still ahead of us, but JobsOhio believes this is the time to rebuild, improve and seize opportunities.read more
Looking to repeat the positive results of a pilot program implemented in one neighborhood over the past two years, the Montgomery County Land Bank has recently begun two more projects under its Thriving Neighborhoods Initiative.read more