Clinton County Port Authority Fiscal Manager
Clinton County Port Authority Fiscal Manager Position Description
The Fiscal Manager will provide a broad range of fiscal and budgetary support to the Clinton County Port Authority as required. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Associate Director, the Fiscal Manager will be response for the day-to-day financial operations of the Port Authority in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards required by Ohio law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide fiscal administration for the Port Authority in accounts receivable functions such as preparing itemized invoices, recording checks, and recording transactions.
- Utilizing financial software input vouchers for check requests, invoice approval, prepare checks for mailing and keep copies to maintain complete, organized records in accordance with a cash basis entity that presents a GAAP or OCBOA basis annually.
- Maintain records for monthly expenses and reconcile them as necessary.
- Interface with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries; develop and maintain positive working relationships with Port Authority and Wilmington Air Park tenants and manage all tenant invoicing, record keeping, etc. Test and analyze records from tenants to determine proper fee income.
- Assist in the review of tenant leases.
- With direction of the Board and the Executive Director, develop and manage the annual and quarterly budgets; encumber and appropriate funds in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code and prepare appropriate paperwork for Board approval; prepare and present quarterly updates for board approval.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly closings and assist in preparation of monthly budget reports.
- Prepare and analyze internal financial reports from existing data.
- Manage the preparation of consolidated financial statements for and in conjunction with the State of Ohio and Clinton County. Ensure that all financial data is recorded in accordance with GAAP principals and consistent with Port Authority policies.
- Assist in the planning and administration of accounting and information systems.
- Prepare key schedules for the annual audit and assist external auditors as they perform the annual audit.
- Review and analyze general ledger account balances for accuracy and informational purposes; track expenditures and obligations to keep within authorized budget.
- Manage the Port Authority’s payroll processing and reporting.
- Assist in analyzing data relating to cost and revenue reports.
- Assist in developing a strategic capital improvement plan for the Wilmington Air Park and other Port Authority managed assets.
- Fiscal administration of the Port Authority’s grants including but not limited to grants from: Ohio Department of Development, Ohio Department of Transportation, JobsOhio, Ohio legislative directed capital grants, and Federal grant sources.
- Assist in the research of financing and grant funding opportunities applicable and beneficial to the Port Authority.
- Assist in the preparation of debt and loan financing documentation and applications.
- Assist in Ohio Port Authority development finance tool deployment and project financing.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of financial and accounting rules and reporting standards.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of changes and updates to financial software systems used by the Port Authority.
- Provide various routine reports as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a closely related field and at least 5 years of experience in government accounting.
- In depth knowledge of GAAP and other fund basis accounting.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various financial software tools.
- Advanced experience with personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
Other knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of Ohio public sector procedures and methods including public budget process and procedure, record keeping, handling sensitive inquires and contracts with officials and general public, and originating routine business letters reflecting standard procedures.
- Knowledge of Ohio port authority powers and financial tools as related to Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4582.
- Must be able to pass a background check, have adequate credit history, and be insurable (ability to be bonded).
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to maintain accurate records and files.
- Ability to handle and resolve immediate and long-term problems and financial policy issues.
- Prepare concise and accurate financial reports.
Hours: Office hours 8am-5:00pm, additional hours as needed.
Salary Range: $100,0000 – $120,000
Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, Ohio Public Employee Retirement system, vacation, sick time, paid holidays.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more
The Wilmington DRIVE (Downtown Revitalization Investment Vibrancy Effort) Program, adopted a year ago, with the goal of enhancing and accelerating Wilmington’s downtown revitalization and encouraging creative mix-use development, made its first strategic acquisition, closing on the Masonic Lodge Site (28 W. Main St.) on September 29, 2023.read more