Customer Business Manager, Union, Logan and Champaign Counties
Customer Business Manager will be the community contact and the major account manager in the northeast section of DP&L’s service area, including Union, Logan and Champaign counties. In the community role, this person will:
- Be the face of DP&L to community leaders and local governments
- Will regularly attend council meetings, be active in the community, promote DP&L programs with communities, and help resolve any operational issues with local communities.
- Act as the point of contact for new businesses interested in the locating in the region and other economic development activities.
- As the major account manager, this person will be the DP&L point of contact for multiple business customer accounts located in the region.
- Build community relationships by attending local council meetings and being active in community organizations.
- Act as the point of contact for local governments in the region regarding issues involving DP&L
- Work with new businesses interested in locating to the region.
- Act as the point of contact for several major account customers in the region.
- Bachelor degree in Business/Marketing/Engineering
- Strong reputation in the three county region of Union, Logan and Champaign counties through active community involvement.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic utility experience and general understanding of energy principals.
- Good business and project management skills.
- Ability to accomplish objectives without day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to become involved in other Service Operations activities, like storm teams or the community ambassador program
The Dayton Power and Light Company is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. DPL’s other significant subsidiaries include AES Ohio Generation, LLC (AES Ohio Gen), Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC), and Miami Valley Lighting, LLC (MVLt). The Dayton Power and Light Company, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 515,000 customers in West Central Ohio. DPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: DPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Fiscal Impact Analysis can be a valuable tool to understand the costs and benefits of development. But FIA can be a complex process that is difficult for policy makers and citizens to comprehend.read more
Ninety percent of the Kenworth Class-8 global truck volume is built in Chillicothe, Ohio!
On April 24, 2019, the community celebrated the groundbreaking for a new paint facility that will improve efficiency and preserve the quality of The World’s Best Truck. The project represents $140 million in capital investment and will bring 100 new, great paying jobs to Ross County upon its completion in 2021. The Kenworth Chillicothe plant, which opened in 1974, currently employs more than 2300 people. In addition to the new paint facility, a $30 million robotic cab assembly system will be installed this summer.read more
In March 2019, I joined the JobsOhio team and determined my first priority was to meet with our local economic development partners across the great state of Ohio. My goal was to understand your experiences with us, learn where we exceeded your expectations, and hear your ideas on ways to improve our partnership. Economic development has always been a team effort, so I wanted to engage the team, and indeed you engaged with us!read more