Customer Business Manager, Union, Logan and Champaign Counties
Customer Business Manager will be the community contact and the major account manager in the northeast section of DP&L’s service area, including Union, Logan and Champaign counties. In the community role, this person will:
- Be the face of DP&L to community leaders and local governments
- Will regularly attend council meetings, be active in the community, promote DP&L programs with communities, and help resolve any operational issues with local communities.
- Act as the point of contact for new businesses interested in the locating in the region and other economic development activities.
- As the major account manager, this person will be the DP&L point of contact for multiple business customer accounts located in the region.
- Build community relationships by attending local council meetings and being active in community organizations.
- Act as the point of contact for local governments in the region regarding issues involving DP&L
- Work with new businesses interested in locating to the region.
- Act as the point of contact for several major account customers in the region.
- Bachelor degree in Business/Marketing/Engineering
- Strong reputation in the three county region of Union, Logan and Champaign counties through active community involvement.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic utility experience and general understanding of energy principals.
- Good business and project management skills.
- Ability to accomplish objectives without day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to become involved in other Service Operations activities, like storm teams or the community ambassador program
The Dayton Power and Light Company is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. DPL’s other significant subsidiaries include AES Ohio Generation, LLC (AES Ohio Gen), Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC), and Miami Valley Lighting, LLC (MVLt). The Dayton Power and Light Company, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 515,000 customers in West Central Ohio. DPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: DPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Join a discussion, hosted by the Greater Ohio Policy Center (GOPC), to learn about the recently passed HB168, which establishes the bona fide purchaser defense (BFPD) into Ohio law. The establishment of the BFPD into Ohio law better aligns Ohio law with federal standards, and aims to encourage the redevelopment of lightly contaminated brownfield sites.read more
In between our email newsletters and event updates, be sure to go follow OEDA’s new and updated social media channels to ensure you stay up-to-date with our events, economic development news, and other communications!read more
OEDA has been listening and learning as the issues around systemic racism have been brought to the forefront and captured the nation’s attention. It is devastating that the deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd—and, sadly, the indisputable video evidence of their killings—became the catalysts for our country to collectively pay attention and admit that systemic racism exists. What is also indisputable is that the time for change is now.read more