Customer Business Manager, Union, Logan and Champaign Counties
Customer Business Manager will be the community contact and the major account manager in the northeast section of DP&L’s service area, including Union, Logan and Champaign counties. In the community role, this person will:
- Be the face of DP&L to community leaders and local governments
- Will regularly attend council meetings, be active in the community, promote DP&L programs with communities, and help resolve any operational issues with local communities.
- Act as the point of contact for new businesses interested in the locating in the region and other economic development activities.
- As the major account manager, this person will be the DP&L point of contact for multiple business customer accounts located in the region.
- Build community relationships by attending local council meetings and being active in community organizations.
- Act as the point of contact for local governments in the region regarding issues involving DP&L
- Work with new businesses interested in locating to the region.
- Act as the point of contact for several major account customers in the region.
- Bachelor degree in Business/Marketing/Engineering
- Strong reputation in the three county region of Union, Logan and Champaign counties through active community involvement.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic utility experience and general understanding of energy principals.
- Good business and project management skills.
- Ability to accomplish objectives without day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to become involved in other Service Operations activities, like storm teams or the community ambassador program
The Dayton Power and Light Company is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. DPL’s other significant subsidiaries include AES Ohio Generation, LLC (AES Ohio Gen), Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC), and Miami Valley Lighting, LLC (MVLt). The Dayton Power and Light Company, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 515,000 customers in West Central Ohio. DPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: DPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
The I 70 / 75 Economic Development Summit on May 30 will feature Heather E. McGowan is an internationally known speaker, writer, and advisor. McGowan prepares leaders to most-effectively react to rapid and disruptive changes in education, work, and society. As a Future of Work Strategist, Heather has worked with diverse teams to address these challenges.read more
Two advisors at the Ohio Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Summit Medina Business Alliance Inc. have received prestigious professional certifications after undergoing training through the National Development Council.read more
Students in the course have rated the course very highly. “Some great real world examples” “this was a great course. I learned a lot, not only about course content, but real life examples too.”read more