Customer Business Manager, Union, Logan and Champaign Counties
Customer Business Manager will be the community contact and the major account manager in the northeast section of DP&L’s service area, including Union, Logan and Champaign counties. In the community role, this person will:
- Be the face of DP&L to community leaders and local governments
- Will regularly attend council meetings, be active in the community, promote DP&L programs with communities, and help resolve any operational issues with local communities.
- Act as the point of contact for new businesses interested in the locating in the region and other economic development activities.
- As the major account manager, this person will be the DP&L point of contact for multiple business customer accounts located in the region.
- Build community relationships by attending local council meetings and being active in community organizations.
- Act as the point of contact for local governments in the region regarding issues involving DP&L
- Work with new businesses interested in locating to the region.
- Act as the point of contact for several major account customers in the region.
- Bachelor degree in Business/Marketing/Engineering
- Strong reputation in the three county region of Union, Logan and Champaign counties through active community involvement.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic utility experience and general understanding of energy principals.
- Good business and project management skills.
- Ability to accomplish objectives without day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to become involved in other Service Operations activities, like storm teams or the community ambassador program
The Dayton Power and Light Company is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. DPL’s other significant subsidiaries include AES Ohio Generation, LLC (AES Ohio Gen), Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC), and Miami Valley Lighting, LLC (MVLt). The Dayton Power and Light Company, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 515,000 customers in West Central Ohio. DPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: DPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Housing demand outstrips supply so much that developers can be – and are – very selective about where they choose to invest. Factors like land price, annexation and zoning processes, infrastructure costs, density, and community design specs will make or break a developer’s go-or-no-go decision. This panel discussion will provide insights into developers’ decision-making processes, as well as help direct the focus of local economic developers to those areas in which they can add value in housing discussions.
The Call for Presentations for the OEDA Annual Summit to be held September 4-6, 2024, at the Glass City Center in Toledo, Ohio, is now open. The Annual Summit offers a unique platform to highlight innovative solutions, spark discussions, and share impactful strategies that have positively influenced communities. The Annual Summit organizers are seeking speakers to provide a variety of high quality educational sessions to attendees.
The Ohio Economic Development Association has announced JP Nauseef and Dr. Ned Hill as the keynote presenters for the upcoming Ohio Basic Economic Development Course, April 29-May 2, in Dublin, Ohio. JP Nauseef, the President and CEO of JobsOhio, which has been described as the “best in class state economic development partnership,” will welcome the Basic Course students and Keynote the course. Dr. Ned Hill, a recognized national expert in economic growth, regional development, and economic development, will kick off the course by covering “What is Economic Development and What is the Job of an Economic Development Professional?”