Development Program Coordinator – Butler County
(1) Prepares and assists local jurisdictions with Enterprise Zone Agreements, from inception to adoption, including review of applications, interprets and reviews compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and existing policies, tracks and monitors agreements; prepares reports and serves as support staff for tax incentive review council and submits all filings with the state relating to council; assists state and local jurisdictions with various economic incentives and financing programs; and attends site visits and makes recommendations for potential economic development opportunities upon request.
(2) Serves as fiscal officer and performs administrative support duties for the Butler County Port Authority; responsible for monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, creates invoices, prepares and insures accuracy of generated checks and bank deposits; prepares and compiles reports and other documentation for annual audit; and prepares and presents monthly financial statement to the Port Authority Board members.
(3) Assists Director of Development with various economic development activities and special projects including marketing, data compilation and analysis; responsible for review and update of Department website; coordinates meetings, speakers and special events in furtherance of Department missions and Butler County economic development opportunities and goals.
(3) Assists Director of Development in preparing, reviewing, submitting and compiling documentation for various county, state and federal loan and grant programs; monitors progress and success of special funding opportunities; and complies data relative to loan and grant opportunities.
(4) Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Public Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Planning or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred; and
- Three (3) years accounting/financial experience; or
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to the minimum qualifications stated above.
A successful applicant will be selected on the basis of skill, experience, performance, and the ability to perform the work in question.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO
Butler County Commissioners Personnel Office
315 High Street, Suite 640
Hamilton, OH 45011
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please indicate Job Title in subject line.)
BUTLER COUNTY WILL CONSIDER INTERNAL APPLICANTS PRIOR TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act of 1993, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more
The Wilmington DRIVE (Downtown Revitalization Investment Vibrancy Effort) Program, adopted a year ago, with the goal of enhancing and accelerating Wilmington’s downtown revitalization and encouraging creative mix-use development, made its first strategic acquisition, closing on the Masonic Lodge Site (28 W. Main St.) on September 29, 2023.read more