Director of Business Development and Administration
Summary: The Director of Business Development and Administration works closely with all members of the Tuscarawas County Economic Development Corporation (TCEDC) team to identify, develop and implement a proactive business development program that includes business retention/expansion and business attraction activities that result in the creation and retention of jobs and increased tax base in Tuscarawas County. The position also manages the Real Estate holdings of the TCEDC, the Economic Development and Finance Alliance (EDFA), and the Tuscarawas County Community Improvement Corporation (TCCIC).
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and directing an effective program of direct outreach, communications, support services and technical problem solving to support the growth of existing Tuscarawas County businesses, development and support of business recruitment activities, support of WEDC marketing initiatives, and coordination of partner resources to bring business and economic development projects to fruition.
Reporting: The Director of Business Development reports to the TCEDC President / Executive Director.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Retention and Expansion:
- Secure meetings with Tuscarawas County businesses (primarily those in traded sector industries) to identify their issues and needs, and to provide support and resources that facilitate their business growth. Provide ongoing support to the business to ensure satisfaction and address continuing issues.
- Identify connected opportunities and supply chain clusters among existing industries.
- Build strong partnerships with service providers, government officials, etc. to improve communication and response to client needs.
- Understand and utilize industry, demographic, real estate, and workforce data to respond to request for information.
- Coordinate with local workforce development service providers to support workforce development and skills training for Tuscarawas County industries. Serve as liaison to said providers on behalf of the TCEDC.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and executing a regular schedule of BRN programing.
- Participate in trade shows, conferences, location advisor visits and other events to promote Tuscarawas County and its locational advantages to corporate real estate executives, site selectors, developers, and real estate brokers.
- Perform direct marketing activities to companies, site selectors, real-estate professionals, industry press and other audiences.
- Respond to business development inquiries. Prepare and package general or specific information for clients as needed.
- Work with development allies to develop and execute hosted events, designed to attract prospect interest.
- Manage relationships with location advisors, corporate real estate professionals and state and regional economic development allies.
- Participate in professional organizations focused on business retention/attraction and core NEO-region industries.
Other Related Tasks
- Utilize CRM to maintain timely, efficient and effective tracking documentation capabilities to improve the project management of business clients and prospects. Follow-up with active clients should be conducted regularly and reported accordingly in CRM
- Assist in implementing the organizational marketing strategy and preparation of a variety of marketing materials in support of business development
- Work with organization partners and allies to remain knowledgeable about current development opportunities and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with members of business and community groups, and various public and private organizations.
- Coordinates seminars, webinars, meetings, conferences and other events as required.
- Assists in administering the TCEDC’s social media marketing and advertising, including strategy, content development, regular delivery and metrics reporting.
- Promote investment in the TCEDC with clients and in support of the TCEDC’s fundraising efforts.
- Attend Board and staff meetings as required.
- Manage the Accounting of the TCEDC, the EDFA and the TCCIC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with experience and comfort in making presentations.
- Computer savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, CRM, and presentation software.
- Ability to work independently or in a team: effectively analyze and problem solve issues; and exercise good judgment in making a variety of decisions;
- Possess strong sales and communications skills with an emphasis on effective interpersonal skills to work with varying levels of professionals.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, flexibility and initiative
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence, integrity, ethical behavior, responsibility, dependability and follow through.
- Commitment to the field of economic development, including pursuit of continuing education opportunities and professional development.
- Effectively build relationships internally and externally by being inclusive, considerate and responsive to the needs of others; by collaborating with others and sharing resources; and by being receptive to feedback and continuous improvement.
- Valid driver’s license with verification of appropriate insurance coverage, reliable transportation and ability to travel for both nationally and internationally for up to one week at a time
- Ability to work before and after hours to accommodate meeting and event hosting are essential to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, planning, urban affairs or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible business development and/or economic development experience relevant to the essential duties of this position.
- QuickBooks Accounting or similar experience.
- Typical inside, air-conditioned office environment.
- Often, a variety of other settings such as manufacturing facilities, construction sites, older retail buildings and/or other environments requiring the ability to be adaptive to changes in terrain, limited accessibility, etc. or tolerate unusual or unpleasant odors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, sitting, stooping.
- Some kneeling, crouching, balancing and bending/twisting.
- Some lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Fine motor skills.
- Tolerance of noise and odors from various office machines.
- Driving to various locations as required by meetings, appointments, etc.
Performance based salary and benefit package will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
TCEDC will be accepting resumes until the position is filled. Resumes should be sent electronically to Harry Eadon at email@example.com. Any questions, please contact Harry Eadon at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at 330-204-5210.
The TCEDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Five Ohio communities were awarded $1.9 million in brownfield funding today, as part of the allocation of a $64 million allocation of grants to 149 Communities.read more
The JobsOhio Board of Directors hosts quarterly public board meetings across the state. These meetings are excellent opportunities to receive updates regarding on-going projects, JobsOhio’s compliance and accountability efforts, regional results and much more. This...read more
[gallery size="medium"...read more