Director of Key Accounts and Member Services
FEDERATED ENERGY SERVICES COOPERATIVE
LORAIN-MEDINA RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE
NORTH CENTRAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE
1 POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- To assist in developing and coordinating the Cooperative’s Key Accounts and Member Services program to maximize the opportunities that are available for mutually successful business relationships.
- To assure the coordination and implementation of products and services for key consumers that help result in their continued business success.
- To assure the coordination and implementation of products and services for the membership at large that help result in continued satisfaction with the cooperative and its mission.
- To develop relationships with key consumers that demonstrate FESCO’s commitment to meeting their power supply and business needs into the future.
- To develop annual and long-range departmental plans that will fully and efficiently utilize well-trained and managed department personnel to carry out the above objectives in a safe and efficient manner.
2 POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains a list of the large commercial and industrial accounts to be considered key accounts, to include all appropriate customer employee contacts.
- Serves as the primary contact for all large commercial and industrial accounts considered key accounts.
- Serves as the primary contact regarding any new programs or incentives, or any changes to existing programs, affecting any key accounts.
- Develops an ongoing list and makes calls on all potential large commercial and industrial consumers who have shown interest in locating within the cooperative service area or those who are considering expanding existing facilities.
- Ensures the timely flow of information to key engineering and operations personnel within the cooperative regarding new commercial and industrial loads.
- Monitors, maintains, and promotes any programs or services directly related to key accounts and member services.
- Maintains contracts and all other correspondence and information concerning the cooperative’s key accounts and member services activities.
- Acts as liaison with local government agencies and chambers of commerce to determine new locations of large commercial and industrial loads.
- Identifies new opportunities to improve or enhance customer satisfaction.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget as related to Key Accounts and Member Services.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the department including handling employee-related issues and administering the performance development program in accordance with guidelines.
- Keep senior management informed by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and preparing reports as needed.
- Approves invoices related to the department’s budget.
- Encourages employees to pursue opportunities for growth and development.
- Reviews and approves daily time sheets of direct reports.
- As with all cooperative positions, this position description does not preclude the possibility of additional duties which may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Develops and implements a commercial and industrial member-consumer appreciation/recognition program. Includes state and local representatives, business, industry, and community leaders in the program as appropriate.
- Promotes the cooperatives’ rebate programs.
- Represents the cooperatives in industry and trade organizations.
3 POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is highly desirable. Exceptionally favorable experience may be considered for a portion of the education requirements.
A minimum of ten years of general business experience, including positions dealing directly with customer service, is required. A minimum of five years in the electric utility field, specifically in Member Service, Engineering or Accounting positions, is required. An exceptional educational background may be considered for a portion of the experience requirements.
Must believe in, be sympathetic with, and be interested in furthering the Cooperative’s goals and objectives. The understanding and willingness to work erratic hours and under pressure is required. Must be willing to accept changes brought about by new ideas and technology.
- PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
The highest degree of integrity, pleasant disposition, tact and the ability to work with all levels of cooperative personnel and members are essential.
- Must maintain knowledge of policies relating to member services, administration, and operations.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of public relations, key accounts, electricity, and cooperatives.
- Knowledge of electric utility billing and the operation of an electric distribution system are desired.
- ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, as travel will be required to federated cooperative’s home offices and consumer job sites.
- Must be able to operate ordinary office equipment such as a telephone, computer keyboard, calculator, etc. with an acceptable degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to work independently and organize work.
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Work will be performed both in the cooperatives’ offices and at member-consumers sites. The work environment may include considerable movement, frequent interruptions, and frequent use of computer terminals and/or personal computers. Travel will be required.
- Must possess visual acuity and manual dexterity, as well as the ability to listen and communicate orally. Occasionally bends, stoops, squats, and lifts from 20 to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to enter and verify entered data into a computer terminal.
- A professional appearance is always to be maintained.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
FESCO, LMRE, and NCEC reserve the right to revise or change the job responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
4 REPORTS TO:
President and General Manager
5 Direct Reports:
Member Services Coordinator
Energy Services Auditors
ROSEVILLE – Nearly a decade of grant-funded projects are transforming the village of Roseville.
Few will have the impact of a the new supermarket building. “It will be the centerpiece of a new downtown,” said Heidi Milner, the village’s fiscal officer.
It is nearing completion on part of the former Ungemach Pottery site on Potters Lane. Construction was funded by $750,000 in grants, the bulk of which was a USDA Rural Development Grant, and local investment. The new building features a grocery store, restaurant space and a walk-up window that could be used for ice cream orders. Garage doors on each side of the dining area will give it a pleasant summer atmosphere, as will a patio behind the building that opens facing the levy.read more
Midway Market in Ostrander is set to double its size and add much-needed services, thanks in part to a loan facilitated by Consolidated Cooperative.
Ostrander’s only convenience store and gas station, Midway Market will double the square footage of the convenience and grocery store and add a car and pet wash.read more
WILMINGTON, OH — The Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA) recently launched a new website, created by Golden Shovel Agency, to further strengthen its online presence and the economic growth of the community. The new site includes county-wide data, information specifically collected for site selectors, and local business resources to serve as a one-stop-shop for companies considering new investment or expansion in Clinton County.read more