Director – Ottawa County Improvement Corporation (OCIC) – Oak Harbor, Ohio
JOB TITLE: Director
REPORTS TO: OCIC Executive Board
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, Salaried Position
Benefits include: Vacation/Personal Time, Retirement, and Life Insurance
The Ottawa County Improvement Corporation (OCIC) serves as the lead economic and workforce development agency for Ottawa County. The mission of the organization is to advance, encourage and promote the industrial, economic, commercial and civic development of Ottawa County.
The OCIC is actively searching for an individual to fill the position of Director. The Director is part of a team responsible for developing relationships with local, regional, and national businesses, organizations, educational institutions, and agency partners to identify and carry out the economic and workforce development needs within the County. The Director is primarily responsible for planning, organizing and implementing efforts related to business attraction, retention and expansion. The Director serves as the economic development representative of Ottawa County to the various ad hoc organizations and coalitions at the local/regional/state levels in which the County participates. The Director is also responsible for overseeing OCIC personnel.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently and be a results-oriented, strategic leader who can work effectively and collaboratively with public and private sector partners. Additionally, the Director will have a solid level of expertise, credibility, accountability and passion for enhancing private sector profitability, encouraging capital investment and supporting job creation.
PRIMARY / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides agency leadership and oversight; updates and revises the agency’s economic development strategy as necessary and oversees its implementation
- Guided by the economic development strategy, negotiates and structures financial assistance to eligible businesses in accordance with state mandated authority and takes projects from inception through closing
- Oversees grant and contract management and any other commercial property matters, agency accounting, finance, risk management, compliance, and budgeting
- Maintains regular contact with private sector businesses to assure their needs are being met
- Effectively meets with local elected officials, employers, educators and other community organizations to convey services of the organization
- Assists with workforce development functions related to development, retention and growth opportunities
- Creates and supports a network of workforce and business development resources
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in economic development and/or public administration
- Experience in a related occupation within a business or not-for-profit entity
- Experience in workforce development strategies, including interagency coordination and managing funding requirements
- Experience in managing and developing budgets and financial documents
- Related BA or BS Degree
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, and communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of local, county, state and federal programs
- Working knowledge of the legislative process at local, county, and state levels
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary
$60,000 to $85,000 annually – based on previous experience and relevant qualifications. This is a full-time (40-hours per week) exempt position. Attendance to night and weekend events may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading OCIC Director Position. Questions should be directed to this email account only. This job posting will close at 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
The Ottawa County Improvement Corporation operates in a Drug-Free Workplace and is an “Equal Opportunity Employer.” All applicants must be able to pass applicable background checks, drug testing, and other tests as approved and assigned by the Executive Board. Applicants may be requested to undergo additional pre-employment checks/test including, but not limited to reference, credentials, driving record, etc.
Click here for the full position description.
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more
Government agencies and prime contractors that award billions of dollars in contracts will meet in-person with small businesses in Ohio at the 2022 Ohio Business Matchmaker, the largest small business-to-government contracting event in the state.read more