Director, Project Management – Team NEO – Cleveland, Ohio
Job Title Director, Project Management
Reports to Vice President, Project Management, Sites and Talent
Date January 2020
A Director of Project Management, in coordination with JobsOhio and community partners, follows leads and works on economic development projects designed to entice companies to locate and/or retain their businesses in Northeast Ohio, resulting in job creation and an increase in capital investment monies. The director guides the development of the northeast Ohio business case, understanding company strategy driving investment decisions and location options. Key duty includes creating and making recommendations to JobsOhio for incentive packages (e.g., tax credits, loans and grants) and negotiations of deals with company officials and state agencies. In addition, the director develops local relationships to support economic development.
- Assists existing Northeast Ohio companies expand their business and locate out-of-state & international prospects in order to retain and create jobs and develop capital investments within the state of Ohio:
- Manages portfolio of projects, responsible for seeing assigned projects from conception to compliance, ensuring all details are thorough and complete (e.g., documents such as contracts are accurate and executed in full);
- Follows up on leads of possible projects from a variety of sources;
- Meet with existing Northeast Ohio companies to assist in expansion strategies or dissuade them from relocating or expanding outside of Ohio;
- Works closely with businesses to discuss confidential business information (e.g., company financial information and strategic plans);
- Determines needs of company and identifies viable state and local programs and solutions;
- Delivers pitches (e.g., Ohio’s strategic locations, developed infrastructure, and highly educated and motivated workforce) to entice and assist companies in expansion or attraction efforts within Ohio;
- Structures recommendations to JobsOhio for incentive packages (e.g., tax credits, loans, grants, and bonds) and negotiations of deals with company officials, community leaders, elected community officials and state agencies;
- Meets with local agencies, communities and companies as a technical expert on state incentive & financing programs;
- Acts as an agent for a client company which wants to remain anonymous to provide site and building searches in Ohio;
- Acts as liaison to connect key decision makers at state, local & business levels to keep deals moving forward;
- Presents projects before various approval bodies;
- Helps companies through the various application processes.
- Serves as the Team NEO primary relationship manager for economic development and public sector partners in the Cleveland market. Following-up on an on-going basis, providing connections to resources and continuing to develop deep relationships.
- Participate in weekly and monthly status meetings with Team NEO staff.
- Assists in preparation of briefings for senior leadership and JobsOhio;
- Represents Team NEO and JobsOhio with various groups and at conferences and events:
- Presents appropriate business development products offered by JobsOhio and Development Services Agency (e.g., Ohio strategic locations, business friendly tax structure, loans, grants, bonds, developed infrastructure, highly educated and motivated workforce);
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply working knowledge in problem solving environment to drive project outcomes
- Works well in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Detailed oriented with strong sales mentality
- Exceptional communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead by influence both inside and outside of the organization, a go-to person
- Delivers an advanced level of functional knowledge and experience
- Client service focused
- Comfortable making presentations to small or large audiences
- High comfort level with networking in peer groups
- Team oriented
- Attentive to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily in-region and to Columbus during the business day, although some early morning and after hours travel may be expected. Expect minimal overnight travel primarily to Columbus. Having access to a vehicle is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-years of business or related experience
- Financing, legal or incentive expertise
- Highly developed computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other personal computing tools
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Team NEO is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. Team NEO expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of Team NEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should send an electronic expression of interest and a resume to:
VP of Finance and Administration
Resumes accepted through Wednesday, January 27, 2020
Every year we celebrate the organizations and individuals that have partnered with us to help grow our local economy. Due to COVID-19, we were unable to host our Annual Meeting & Business Development Awards Ceremony. This year we celebrated the Award recipients at their place of business.read more
(Marion) Marion Technical College is proud to announce that it is joining the Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA). This new membership, generously funded by Buckeye Educational Systems, benefits students by helping instructors stay atop of the latest developments in smart manufacturing and allowing Marion Tech the opportunity to award certifications to students.read more
Beginning June 3, Ohio small business owners may participate in a six-session virtual course in financial management that will give participants the tools and confidence needed to manage their businesses by the numbers.read more