Economic Development Administrator – Clinton County Port Authority
Individual serves as an action-oriented project professional that works to proactively identify, initiate and execute economic development opportunities for new and prospective businesses in Clinton County. The individual shall report to the Executive Director and work closely with other staff members of the Clinton County Port Authority, as well as other economic development/community development agencies and units of government within Clinton County, the Dayton Region, and the State of Ohio.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration or other related field, combined with several years demonstrated relevant experience in economic development programs and activities, preferably within the State of Ohio. Demonstrated capacity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs and other applicable software. Must meet and maintain qualifications for work-related driving, including Port Authority-owned vehicles, as a continued condition of employment. All required licenses and certificates must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with Clinton County Port Authority staff and related agencies to assist new, current and prospective businesses maximize opportunities within Clinton County. Evaluate and facilitate the utilization of applicable economic development and workforce development programs and incentives.
- Participate in the development, implementation and management of a strategic business attraction program: identification of and travel to conferences/trade shows, creating marketing materials, developing the target list for business attraction activities and reaching out to key industry sectors to promote Clinton County;
- Prepare and review empirical analyses to evaluate the comprehensive impact of potential incentive programs;
- Review proposals with new and prospective businesses and work with the Executive Director, key staff, and other community partners on incentive program negotiations;
- Maintain and update active project and activity list;
- Build relationships with the county’s business community and other regional, state, and international partners;
- Identify, develop, and refine policies and programs to aid in improving economic development practices in the county;
- Works with and offers support to a dynamic team related to individual and strategic programs;
- Builds and maintains quality relationships with community partners and the regional economic development community;
- Monitors key performance indicators demonstrating the county’s overall economic performance, including vacancy rates, lease rates, employment and other relevant statistics, relative to the Dayton Region and other comparable communities;
- Demonstrates and maintains confidentiality;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Attends various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops;
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works overtime and outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required;
- Attends Clinton County Port Authority Board Meetings, and other required community meetings, as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation based upon qualifications and experience. Applications accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and at least 3 professional references to:
Clinton County Port Authority
The Clinton County Port Authority provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Every year we celebrate the organizations and individuals that have partnered with us to help grow our local economy. Due to COVID-19, we were unable to host our Annual Meeting & Business Development Awards Ceremony. This year we celebrated the Award recipients at their place of business.read more
(Marion) Marion Technical College is proud to announce that it is joining the Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA). This new membership, generously funded by Buckeye Educational Systems, benefits students by helping instructors stay atop of the latest developments in smart manufacturing and allowing Marion Tech the opportunity to award certifications to students.read more
Beginning June 3, Ohio small business owners may participate in a six-session virtual course in financial management that will give participants the tools and confidence needed to manage their businesses by the numbers.read more