Economic Development Administrator – Fostoria Economic Development Corporation
The Fostoria Economic Development Corporation is conducting a search for an Economic Development Administrator to assist in the continued development and growth of the City of Fostoria. This full-time position will work closely with a variety of companies and organizations to assist in seeing continued community and economic development.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists the President with economic development efforts of the Municipality
- Participates in Business Retention & Expansion visits with area companies
- Becomes familiar with existing inventory of available buildings and sites – assists in maintaining up to date information on buildings and sites
- Works closely with the Fostoria Area Chamber of Commerce to promote entrepreneurship and commercial business development
- Develop & maintain strong working relationships with the general public, area businesses, non-profit organizations, and City officials
- Assist in the preparation and processing of grant applications
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations and economic development practitioners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to see Fostoria prosper
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, planning or a related field is preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
The successful candidate should reside in Fostoria or surrounding area and will work out the Fostoria Learning Center/Fostoria Economic Development Office.
The Fostoria Economic Development Corporation will review resumes and interview qualified candidates on a rolling basis through March 15th or until the position is filled.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to President@fostoriaedc.org
The Fostoria Economic Development Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
At OEDA, we are thankful for our members who are passionately committed to the success of their communities and advancing Ohio’s economy. Over the past year, we’ve appreciated having you as part of our community of economic development professionals and are grateful for the opportunity to be your partner again in 2023.read more
As your partner for success at every step of your career, OEDA strives to provide high-impact training opportunities for our members each year. The foundation of that training is our Basic Economic Development Course (Ohio BEDC). This year’s course will be held from May 1-4 in Dublin, Ohio, and Early Bird Registration is open from now until March 1.read more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Workforce Collaborative hosted its first meeting of the year on Thursday, January 19. With almost 40 individuals present, representing schools, businesses, service providers, and community organizations, members reviewed accomplishments from 2022, established a new meeting structure for 2023, and discussed how their current efforts can continue to meet the needs of the local community.read more