Economic Development Administrator – Fostoria Economic Development Corporation
The Fostoria Economic Development Corporation is conducting a search for an Economic Development Administrator to assist in the continued development and growth of the City of Fostoria. This full-time position will work closely with a variety of companies and organizations to assist in seeing continued community and economic development.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists the President with economic development efforts of the Municipality
- Participates in Business Retention & Expansion visits with area companies
- Becomes familiar with existing inventory of available buildings and sites – assists in maintaining up to date information on buildings and sites
- Works closely with the Fostoria Area Chamber of Commerce to promote entrepreneurship and commercial business development
- Develop & maintain strong working relationships with the general public, area businesses, non-profit organizations, and City officials
- Assist in the preparation and processing of grant applications
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations and economic development practitioners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to see Fostoria prosper
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, planning or a related field is preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
The successful candidate should reside in Fostoria or surrounding area and will work out the Fostoria Learning Center/Fostoria Economic Development Office.
The Fostoria Economic Development Corporation will review resumes and interview qualified candidates on a rolling basis through March 15th or until the position is filled.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to President@fostoriaedc.org
The Fostoria Economic Development Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
As part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in 2022, a new federal program was created that provides great opportunity for Ohio – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF). It allocates $27 billion in financial assistance through three programs to reduce harmful air pollutants, mobilize financing and private capital, and deliver benefits for low-income and disadvantaged communities.read more
60,000 concert goers attend inaugural 4 day Voices of America Country Music Festival in West Chester, Ohio with Alabama, JoDee Messina, Lainey Wilson, Dan +Shay, and many more!read more
The word is out Central Ohio is a wonderful place to live and work. While job opportunities are prevalent, the housing market is a challenge. The headlines are focused on new builds and further directed at greenspace and farmland depletion, zoning, density, affordability, transportation, congestion, the impact on schools, and concerns about community identity. New builds are vital, but the housing puzzle has an overlooked solution piece with abandoned and underutilized property.read more