Economic Development Coordinator – Delaware, OH
Salary – $52,596.00 – $73,570.00 Annually
Location – Delaware, OH
Job Type- Full-Time
Department- Economic Development
Job Number- 2200307
Individual works independent and in concert with the Director of Economic Development and the Economic Development Team. Responsibilities include administering community/economic development programs, such as housing, transportation, and workforce oriented endeavors. Further, the position is responsible for promoting and facilitating expansion of the County’s economic base in order to realize enhanced non-residential tax revenues, especially in the area of Business Retention and Expansion. Individual reports to the Director of Economic Development.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, City or Regional Planning, or related field and a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Must meet and maintain qualifications for driving on county business at all times and as a continued condition of employment. All required licenses and certificates must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
- Plans, monitors and promotes economic and community development activities for Delaware County and within the region;
- Provides assistance and technical support to County staff and businesses during the expansion, recruitment, and retention of large and small business;
- Assists with regional housing and workforce issues, developing and implementing plans that will help further the established goals/policies of the Economic Development Department;
- Conducts research and data analysis to include but not limited to: target industry sectors identified in the Action Plan, industry standards and site selection criteria, workforce and labor demographics (including legislative actions), transportation and smart car initiatives, housing, utility rates in the Midwest and compile reports on competitiveness, development cost structures, and compile reports on competitiveness and population demographics (including legislative actions);
- Attends and participates in various board and committee meetings and provides liaison duties with internal and external customers;
- Assists with technology and transportation issues that affect economic development, such as fiber, mass transit and other similar projects that follow the approved goals/policies of the Economic Development Department;
- Performs economic development duties including coordinating the County’s tax incentive programs and preparing yearly tax abatement reports;
- Assists the director with the coordination of negotiations of private and public developers, businesses, and organizations involved in local economic development;
- Works independently and oversees activities on projects, grant programs (Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and others), loan programs, and tax incentive activities preparing necessary reports and following all necessary requirements;
- Prepares and reviews Requests for Proposals from consultants and developers;
- Works in conjunction with federal, state and local governmental agencies;
- Develops and maintains progress reports for related programs;
- Maintains departmental files for various projects and programs;
- Completes the application for and participates in the implementation of local, state, and federal economic development programs;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Attends various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops.
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works additional hours and outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more
Government agencies and prime contractors that award billions of dollars in contracts will meet in-person with small businesses in Ohio at the 2022 Ohio Business Matchmaker, the largest small business-to-government contracting event in the state.read more