Economic Development Coordinator – Licking County Chamber of Commerce
The Licking County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic and energetic professional to participate in the implementation of the economic development strategies identified by Grow Licking County Community Improvement Corporation. Activities include, but are not limited to: fostering relationships with existing and prospective workforce development partners, to promote opportunities in Licking County; facilitating the development and implementation of GROW Licking County’s Business Retention & Expansion program; collaborating with the GROW Licking County executive director in responding to economic development opportunities from internal and external sources as well as pursuing the achievement of the county’s overall economic growth goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position entails a variety of duties pertaining to (a) Workforce Development programming, (b) Business Retention & Expansion programming, and (c) Support for Economic Development projects and opportunities.
Workforce Development Programming:
- Collaborate with partners of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce & GROW Licking County to identify and implement best practices and effective strategies for workforce development programming within Licking County;
- Provide reports and analysis to the executive director and Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: workforce development initiatives and activities;
- Coordinate, as necessary, contractors and consultants retained to develop and implement workforce development programming.
Business Retention & Expansion Programming:
- Interact with local industry and economic development-related partners to coordinate and schedule meetings & discussions related to existing business visits and issues;
- Track meeting schedules and provide reports to the executive director & Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: retention and expansion meeting summaries as well as outstanding requests/issues identified;
Support for Economic Development Projects and Opportunities:
- Assist the Executive Director with development of new business attraction requirements including, but not limited to: preparation of Request for Information (RFI) responses, contacting utility, development, workforce, and other local partners for additional information, producing development proposals for prospects;
- Travel regionally, nationally, and internationally with the executive director, members of the Board of Directors of GROW Licking County, and/or other local or regional economic development partners for trade and business development purposes.
- Other duties as assigned by the GROW Licking County Executive Director or President of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce.
- Candidates should possess at least an associate degree in a field of study directly relevant to the duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in economic development or related work in non-profit, finance, workforce or community development.
- A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Candidates should have strong time management skills, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as experience presenting information in a professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ideal candidates should also have a broad knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications, Salesforce.com or similar CRM-platforms and a variety of social media applications. Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to handle material and information of a confidential nature.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Licking County Chamber of Commerce also offers a competitive benefits package.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to the Licking County Chamber of Commerce, attention Jennifer McDonald, 50 West Locust Street, PO Box 702, Newark, Ohio 43058-0702 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Licking County Chamber of Commerce or GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation, please visit: www.lickingcountychamber.com and www.growlickingcounty.org.
Save the Date! OEDA Annual Summit September 12-14, 2023
2023 Annual Summit – September 12-14, 2023 – The Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center Ohioread more
Ohio Department of Development Selects MBAC Partners as Part of the Minority Business Assistance Center Network Program
The Ohio Department of Development today announced its selection of hosts to join the Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC) Network Program for the July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025, grant period. They will serve the needs of Ohio’s minority-, women-, veteran-, and disadvantaged businesses for their region.read more
We Can Only Go Up from Here
High Density Mixed Use Planned to Replace Blighted Neighborhood in Whitehall
Like in life, it’s not the hand your dealt that defines you in economic development. It’s about how you play your cards and capitalize on opportunities for your community.