Economic Development Coordinator – Licking County Chamber of Commerce
The Licking County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic and energetic professional to participate in the implementation of the economic development strategies identified by Grow Licking County Community Improvement Corporation. Activities include, but are not limited to: fostering relationships with existing and prospective workforce development partners, to promote opportunities in Licking County; facilitating the development and implementation of GROW Licking County’s Business Retention & Expansion program; collaborating with the GROW Licking County executive director in responding to economic development opportunities from internal and external sources as well as pursuing the achievement of the county’s overall economic growth goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position entails a variety of duties pertaining to (a) Workforce Development programming, (b) Business Retention & Expansion programming, and (c) Support for Economic Development projects and opportunities.
Workforce Development Programming:
- Collaborate with partners of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce & GROW Licking County to identify and implement best practices and effective strategies for workforce development programming within Licking County;
- Provide reports and analysis to the executive director and Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: workforce development initiatives and activities;
- Coordinate, as necessary, contractors and consultants retained to develop and implement workforce development programming.
Business Retention & Expansion Programming:
- Interact with local industry and economic development-related partners to coordinate and schedule meetings & discussions related to existing business visits and issues;
- Track meeting schedules and provide reports to the executive director & Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: retention and expansion meeting summaries as well as outstanding requests/issues identified;
Support for Economic Development Projects and Opportunities:
- Assist the Executive Director with development of new business attraction requirements including, but not limited to: preparation of Request for Information (RFI) responses, contacting utility, development, workforce, and other local partners for additional information, producing development proposals for prospects;
- Travel regionally, nationally, and internationally with the executive director, members of the Board of Directors of GROW Licking County, and/or other local or regional economic development partners for trade and business development purposes.
- Other duties as assigned by the GROW Licking County Executive Director or President of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce.
- Candidates should possess at least an associate degree in a field of study directly relevant to the duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in economic development or related work in non-profit, finance, workforce or community development.
- A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Candidates should have strong time management skills, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as experience presenting information in a professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ideal candidates should also have a broad knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications, Salesforce.com or similar CRM-platforms and a variety of social media applications. Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to handle material and information of a confidential nature.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Licking County Chamber of Commerce also offers a competitive benefits package.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to the Licking County Chamber of Commerce, attention Jennifer McDonald, 50 West Locust Street, PO Box 702, Newark, Ohio 43058-0702 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Over the last year and a half, our world has been shaken, leveling the playing field and giving rise to new opportunities. Ohio has taken advantage of this generational opportunity with new programs and services that strengthen Ohio’s businesses and attract new ones to our state.read more
The Clinton County Port Authority won a Silver Award for its “#EDW2021 in Clinton County” project from the from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). The recognition was awarded in the category of “Innovation in Economic Development Week.”read more
During a meeting Tuesday, Oct. 5, the City of Tiffin Architectural Board of Review (ABR) approved façade grants for Bailiwicks and Behm & Henry. With these approvals, 100 building projects in Downtown Tiffin have now been approved by the ABR for the Façade Enhancement Program.read more