Economic Development Coordinator – Licking County Chamber of Commerce
The Licking County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic and energetic professional to participate in the implementation of the economic development strategies identified by Grow Licking County Community Improvement Corporation. Activities include, but are not limited to: fostering relationships with existing and prospective workforce development partners, to promote opportunities in Licking County; facilitating the development and implementation of GROW Licking County’s Business Retention & Expansion program; collaborating with the GROW Licking County executive director in responding to economic development opportunities from internal and external sources as well as pursuing the achievement of the county’s overall economic growth goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position entails a variety of duties pertaining to (a) Workforce Development programming, (b) Business Retention & Expansion programming, and (c) Support for Economic Development projects and opportunities.
Workforce Development Programming:
- Collaborate with partners of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce & GROW Licking County to identify and implement best practices and effective strategies for workforce development programming within Licking County;
- Provide reports and analysis to the executive director and Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: workforce development initiatives and activities;
- Coordinate, as necessary, contractors and consultants retained to develop and implement workforce development programming.
Business Retention & Expansion Programming:
- Interact with local industry and economic development-related partners to coordinate and schedule meetings & discussions related to existing business visits and issues;
- Track meeting schedules and provide reports to the executive director & Board of Directors of GROW Licking County on a regular basis, re: retention and expansion meeting summaries as well as outstanding requests/issues identified;
Support for Economic Development Projects and Opportunities:
- Assist the Executive Director with development of new business attraction requirements including, but not limited to: preparation of Request for Information (RFI) responses, contacting utility, development, workforce, and other local partners for additional information, producing development proposals for prospects;
- Travel regionally, nationally, and internationally with the executive director, members of the Board of Directors of GROW Licking County, and/or other local or regional economic development partners for trade and business development purposes.
- Other duties as assigned by the GROW Licking County Executive Director or President of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce.
- Candidates should possess at least an associate degree in a field of study directly relevant to the duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in economic development or related work in non-profit, finance, workforce or community development.
- A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Candidates should have strong time management skills, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as experience presenting information in a professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ideal candidates should also have a broad knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications, Salesforce.com or similar CRM-platforms and a variety of social media applications. Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to handle material and information of a confidential nature.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Licking County Chamber of Commerce also offers a competitive benefits package.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to the Licking County Chamber of Commerce, attention Jennifer McDonald, 50 West Locust Street, PO Box 702, Newark, Ohio 43058-0702 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
One of the Dayton region’s largest manufacturing companies is planning a massive expansion at one of its local facilities.
Cargill Inc., a Minnesota-based provider of food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services, will invest $225 million to expand its integrated soybean crush and refined oils facility in Sidney.
The project will create new jobs and further enhance Cargill’s presence in the region.read more
The Montrose Group released A Rural Development White Paper: A Mandate for Transformation timed in conjunction with a forum held in Circleville, Ohio before 100 economic development, business and community leaders focused on rural economic development. A copy of the white paper can be found at https://montrosegroupllc.com/2019/10/rural-development-whitepaper-a-mandate-for-transformation/.read more
URBANA, Ohio – On November 1, students from Urbana High School were announced as the winners of the second annual Champaign County Design Challenge during the county-level competition at Urbana University. The winning team, consisting of Ron Ragland, Bryant McKenzie, Dale Mason, Bryant Chamberlain, and Johnny Moore, are part of Ohio Hi-Point’s Advanced Manufacturing satellite program at Urbana High School.read more