Economic Development Coordinator – One Columbus
One Columbus, formerly Columbus 2020, is the economic development organization for the 11-county Columbus Region. We are leading a comprehensive regional growth strategy that develops and attracts the world’s most competitive companies, grows a highly adaptive workforce, prepares our communities for the future, and inspires corporate, academic and public innovation throughout the Columbus Region. Our vision for the Columbus Region to be the most prosperous region in the United States.
The Economic Development Coordinator (EDC) is a pivotal contributor to the project management and client services team at One Columbus. The EDC is responsible for delivering industry-leading customer service to internal and external stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle: maintaining records, coordinating with partners, and assisting clients.
- Provide administrative support to the project management and client services team.
- Coordination and execution of client market visits to the Columbus Region.
- Maintain and organize project records in Salesforce, assuring data integrity and completion.
- Work with internal One Columbus stakeholders to verify that records in Salesforce are accurate and complete in accordance with internal and partner guidelines.
- Serve as the One Columbus main point of contact to navigate clients through the application phase of the project process.
- Manage and maintain the Columbus Region’s available commercial real estate inventory (sites and buildings) in relevant systems, including JobsOhio’s ZoomProspector. Work with the internal team to respond to RFIs regarding available sites in strong collaboration with state and local partners.
- Responsible for the distribution and management of incoming project leads.
- Maintain and administer weekly and quarterly reports.
- Answer and respond to general economic development inquiries via phone or email.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities in association with state and local partners.
You have a true passion for helping others, are extremely organized, have the utmost pride in your work, and execute with flawless precision. You’re a fast learner, listen and look for the smallest details, and know how to adapt in any situation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Economic development experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters are essential to this position.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe, Salesforce, etc.
This job ad is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
One Columbus is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. One Columbus expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of One Columbus.
As the economy recovers and Ohio businesses across the state work to stay open or in some cases reopen, JobsOhio’s Northwest Ohio Network Partner, the Regional Growth Partnership, hosting OHZone, a virtual career fair, on Thursday, November 5, 2020.read more
It is time again to start thinking about the Governor’s Cup, awarded by Site Selection magazine every spring.
Although this year presented us with a lot of challenges, Ohio continues to be a leading destination for new business investment and job creation. Through a statewide collaborative effort, we have been able to continue to attract, retain, and grow companies in Ohio.read more
The I70/75 Development Corporation is sponsoring a no-charge online presentation by Louis Gravance, open to all economic developers, on November 6th at 11:30am. Mr. Gravance is a customer service guru and former training designer for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. After almost two decades with Disney, Louie was drafted by Bank of America and ING Financial to help re-think service in the investment industry.read more