Economic Development Manager – City of Euclid
Job Title: Economic Development Manager
Department: Planning and Development
Status: A. Unclassified B. Exempt – FLSA
Job Summary: Working under the direction of the Director of Planning and Development, the employee promotes the growth of the City by managing and advancing the City’s economic development agenda. The primary responsibility of the economic development manager is to engage potential, new and existing businesses and to assist them in prospering through comprehensive business retention, expansion and attraction programs.
- Promote retention, expansion and attraction of businesses to grow Euclid’s income tax base by developing and maintaining a cooperative working relationship with existing, new and potential businesses, non-profit partners, real estate brokers, citizen groups, business associations, consultants and governmental officials.
- Work closely with other departmental and City staff to coordinate, strategize and achieve development goals as outlined by the “Euclid Master Plan”. Provide assistance in short and long-term plans including the preparation of studies, reports and recommendations to achieve the City’s goals for development.
- Develop and maintain City incentive programs such as workforce creation/retention, business grants, Community Investment Area (CRA) programs, etc. Work closely with the Community Development Manager and Coordinator on commercial incentives such as the Storefront Grant Program.
- Create, maintain and update in a timely manner an inventory of available non-residential land, buildings and development opportunities in the City, including manufacturing and commercial databases, with data such as land assets, transportation linkages, utilities, etc. to be accessible to the public. Work with the Director to ensure data is up-to-date on the City website and other public platforms including GCP’s community pages.
- Create, maintain and update in a timely manner an inventory of business contacts including data such as years in business, employee counts, etc.
- Assist in the development and management of the Downtown Special Improvement District (SID) and other future SIDs.
- Serve as a concierge for new, potential and expanding businesses, assisting with navigating multiple processes working closely with the Zoning Commissioner, the Director and the pre-construction team in the Building Department.
- Identify potential funding sources to facilitate economic development and prepare and manage grant and loan applications for federal, state and county agency programs on behalf of the City.
- Provide tax and public benefit analysis on potential development projects.
- Launch and manage the “Made in Euclid” initiative to celebrate and encourage innovation and all scales of manufacturing in Euclid and other initiatives to be developed by the department under the supervision of the Director.
- Collaborate with the Euclid Chamber of Commerce, Euclid Schools and other community partners on initiatives such as “Euclid Works”.
- Serve as the City’s representative with the County Tax Incentive Review Council (TIRC).
- Participate in Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District creation and maintenance, including the tracking and distribution of incentive spending.
- Write requests for qualifications / proposals for a variety of professional services from external consultants and respond to RFQs/RFPs for business attraction.
- Develop and provide presentations in order to educate business and governmental officials and promote economic development in the City.
- Assist the Director in preparing and administering various economic development functions such as ground breakings, grand openings and generating content for announcements and press releases, the department’s monthly development newsletter, the department’s annual report, the monthly Euclid Observer, etc.
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as determined by the Director.
- Stay up-to-date on local and national economic development trends and tools.
- Maintain licenses and certifications as required, if applicable.
- Supervise economic development staff as required.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Work Environment: Office. Sedentary work: exerting negligible force; occasional walking and standing. Physical activity: climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering and grasping. Some field time visiting applicant sites.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business or related field and three to five years of related employment experience in the public or private sector required. Masters degree in related field or equivalent employment experience preferred.
- National Development Council (NDC) credential, Certified Economic Developer (CEeD) credential or similar designation or ability to achieve such designation preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, public speaking skills and customer relation skills are required to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with economic incentives, grant writing and administration, data collection and analysis and knowledge of local, state and federal development programs preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required. Working knowledge of databases including the American Community Survey, HMDA, NAICs strongly encouraged.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion, carry out instructions, prepare documentation and maintain records are essential skills of the job.
It is the policy of the City of Euclid to seek and employ the best qualified individuals for all positions, to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promotion and training: and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation or gender expression, genetic information, military status or veteran status.
Hiring manager: Allison Lukacsy-Love
Pay rate: $24.00-34.00, per hour, commensurate with experience
Full Time, 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Submit resume with a cover letter, and/or city application to email@example.com
TIFFIN, OHIO – Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership (TSEP) announced today the launch of the Tiffin-Seneca Entrepreneurial Opportunity Clearinghouse (TSEOC), an online destination for investors, entrepreneurs and others to learn about available franchise, business acquisition, investment and other start-up business opportunities. The website for the clearinghouse can be accessed at tseoc.org.read more
ARCHBOLD, OHIO – Partnerships are always sought after, and in most cases, necessary for success across all industry and education. In Defiance County a new partnership has taken place to meet an industry need, education need, and human need. The Defiance Dream Center, Defiance City Schools, OhioMeansJobs-Defiance and Paulding Counties, Defiance County Economic Development Office, and Northwest State Community College have come together to provide a high school construction course that will enable seven students to earn valuable skills and a Lean Yellow Belt Certification.read more
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Thomas Steel Strip, a subdivision of Tata Steel, has announced plans to expand its workforce in Warren, adding 42 new jobs and retaining 220 positions, to support the company’s entrée into the rechargeable battery market.read more