Economic Development Program Coordinator Center for Regional Development – Bowling Green State University
This position will require a flexible, team player who will assist the Director and Assistant Director with technical assistance, applied research, data compilation/analysis/visualization, project administration, oral presentations, & report writing in the area of community & economic development.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Conduct collection, analysis, and visualization of economic and demographic data for a range of private, public, and non-profit stakeholders.
• Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors on economic and workforce development initiatives in the region.
• Identify and write grant proposals for applied research projects that improve economic, community, and workforce development in the region.
• Develop written reports and oral presentations to communicate research, data, and thought leadership to stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Knowledge of economic development policies and practices in Ohio including tax abatement/credit programs, grant programs, and other tools available to support economic development.
• Skill in manipulating Census, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other data using data tools such as Tableau, ArcGIS, and R.
• Skill in conducting economic impact analysis using IMPLAN and presenting results in a graphically appealing way using tools such as Publisher and Adobe Illustrator.
• Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to conduct applied research, data compilation/analysis, data visualization, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of community and economic development.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Public administration, political science, data analytics, economics, city and regional planning, business administration or another relevant field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Also the following experience is required:
• Two years of either economic development, research, report writing, or data analytics experience. Two years of graduate experience in any of the areas would qualify as well.
Full-time, grant-funded administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 354. Full benefits package available. This is a grant-funded position. Duration of employment is contingent on continued availability of funding.
Deadline to apply: May 2, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
ROSEVILLE – Nearly a decade of grant-funded projects are transforming the village of Roseville.
Few will have the impact of a the new supermarket building. “It will be the centerpiece of a new downtown,” said Heidi Milner, the village’s fiscal officer.
It is nearing completion on part of the former Ungemach Pottery site on Potters Lane. Construction was funded by $750,000 in grants, the bulk of which was a USDA Rural Development Grant, and local investment. The new building features a grocery store, restaurant space and a walk-up window that could be used for ice cream orders. Garage doors on each side of the dining area will give it a pleasant summer atmosphere, as will a patio behind the building that opens facing the levy.read more
Midway Market in Ostrander is set to double its size and add much-needed services, thanks in part to a loan facilitated by Consolidated Cooperative.
Ostrander’s only convenience store and gas station, Midway Market will double the square footage of the convenience and grocery store and add a car and pet wash.read more
WILMINGTON, OH — The Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA) recently launched a new website, created by Golden Shovel Agency, to further strengthen its online presence and the economic growth of the community. The new site includes county-wide data, information specifically collected for site selectors, and local business resources to serve as a one-stop-shop for companies considering new investment or expansion in Clinton County.read more