Economic Development Program Coordinator Center for Regional Development – Bowling Green State University
This position will require a flexible, team player who will assist the Director and Assistant Director with technical assistance, applied research, data compilation/analysis/visualization, project administration, oral presentations, & report writing in the area of community & economic development.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Conduct collection, analysis, and visualization of economic and demographic data for a range of private, public, and non-profit stakeholders.
• Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors on economic and workforce development initiatives in the region.
• Identify and write grant proposals for applied research projects that improve economic, community, and workforce development in the region.
• Develop written reports and oral presentations to communicate research, data, and thought leadership to stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Knowledge of economic development policies and practices in Ohio including tax abatement/credit programs, grant programs, and other tools available to support economic development.
• Skill in manipulating Census, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other data using data tools such as Tableau, ArcGIS, and R.
• Skill in conducting economic impact analysis using IMPLAN and presenting results in a graphically appealing way using tools such as Publisher and Adobe Illustrator.
• Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to conduct applied research, data compilation/analysis, data visualization, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of community and economic development.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Public administration, political science, data analytics, economics, city and regional planning, business administration or another relevant field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Also the following experience is required:
• Two years of either economic development, research, report writing, or data analytics experience. Two years of graduate experience in any of the areas would qualify as well.
Full-time, grant-funded administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 354. Full benefits package available. This is a grant-funded position. Duration of employment is contingent on continued availability of funding.
Deadline to apply: May 2, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
This two-day course is designed to provide the Ohio economic development professional with the critical steps of real estate development and a comprehensive understanding of how a deal progresses through to completion. Attendees will analyze the anatomy of a real estate deal and learn how each component stage impacts the next, and how real estate development is practiced in Ohio. This understanding will help the ED professional recognize the challenges (and often barriers) to advancing a new development in their community and to more thoughtfully understand approaches in helping close the deal.read more
The Ohio Basic Economic Development Course is an intensive training experience for economic development practitioners, community leaders, local government officials and others committed to building healthy economies for their communities. The course is appropriate both for people who are new to the economic development profession as well as those more experienced who are seeking a refresher on basic practices and principles.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Institute is pleased to announced that the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) has approved OEDI to be an approved Certification Management (CM) provider.read more