Economic Development Representative for Ohio
Vacancy Announcement Number: DE-10863577-20-SC
Close Date: 8/11/20
This position is located in the Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, Chicago Region. This is a home based position and the selected candidate must reside in the state of Ohio.
- Assist economically-distressed areas of the U.S in stimulating industrial and commercial growth.
- Primary contact on project development activities related to assigned EDA programs.
- Advise applicants and grantees; plan, coordinate and administer grant awards for economic development investment projects.
- Analyze and communicate sound and authoritative recommendations on highly complex and sensitive economic development business/industry issues.
- Represent the agency to key government and business officials and organizations.
LINKS TO APPLY:
DE-10863577-20-SC DE: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575099100
ST-10863578-20-SC MP: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575099700
EDA’s mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the global economy.
Rural communities are prime targets for companies considering a corporate site location project. Rural areas in the U.S. cover 97 % of the nation’s land area but contain 19.3 % of the population who are more likely to own a single family home, are older and less likely to hold a bachelor’s degree or be in poverty than their urban counters.read more
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) has promoted Timothy J. Wells to vice president, Sales, Economic and Business Development, effective Nov. 2, 2020. Wells replaces Mark James who retired last month.
Wells, 55, will lead AEP’s efforts to attract new commercial and industrial customers to its service territory and help existing customers take advantage of AEP’s growing menu of business consultation services. AEP has unique expertise in the energy field and has become a trusted energy advisor to many of its larger customers. Wells will be responsible for leading growth in services that fall outside of the distribution and transmission of electricity, in addition to helping communities bring new jobs to their local economies.read more
As the economy recovers and Ohio businesses across the state work to stay open or in some cases reopen, JobsOhio’s Northwest Ohio Network Partner, the Regional Growth Partnership, hosting OHZone, a virtual career fair, on Thursday, November 5, 2020.read more