Economic Development Representative for Ohio
Vacancy Announcement Number: DE-10863577-20-SC
Close Date: 8/11/20
This position is located in the Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, Chicago Region. This is a home based position and the selected candidate must reside in the state of Ohio.
- Assist economically-distressed areas of the U.S in stimulating industrial and commercial growth.
- Primary contact on project development activities related to assigned EDA programs.
- Advise applicants and grantees; plan, coordinate and administer grant awards for economic development investment projects.
- Analyze and communicate sound and authoritative recommendations on highly complex and sensitive economic development business/industry issues.
- Represent the agency to key government and business officials and organizations.
LINKS TO APPLY:
DE-10863577-20-SC DE: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575099100
ST-10863578-20-SC MP: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575099700
EDA’s mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the global economy.
Sometimes it only takes a simple conversation, a spark that lights the fire of collaboration and community partnerships. The simple conversations between OhioMeansJobs-Paulding County and the Paulding County Economic Development Office led to a meeting of the minds between the aforementioned pair, Vancrest of Payne, and Northwest State Community College.read more
The Ohio Department of Development (Development) announced today that the application for the new Transformational Mixed-Use Development Program is open. The program provides a tax credit for major, mixed-use developments in Ohio. Applications are now available on Development’s website.read more
Ohio’s 2022-2023 budget recently signed by Governor DeWine, allocates $500 million in new brownfield funding. Funding will be administered by the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) which must adopt rules for allocation of brownfield funding and the demolition program. The rules will determine project eligibility and administration of the program.read more