Economic Development Representative for Ohio
Vacancy Announcement Number: DE-10863577-20-SC
Close Date: 8/11/20
This position is located in the Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, Chicago Region. This is a home based position and the selected candidate must reside in the state of Ohio.
- Assist economically-distressed areas of the U.S in stimulating industrial and commercial growth.
- Primary contact on project development activities related to assigned EDA programs.
- Advise applicants and grantees; plan, coordinate and administer grant awards for economic development investment projects.
- Analyze and communicate sound and authoritative recommendations on highly complex and sensitive economic development business/industry issues.
- Represent the agency to key government and business officials and organizations.
LINKS TO APPLY:
DE-10863577-20-SC DE: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575099100
ST-10863578-20-SC MP: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575099700
EDA’s mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the global economy.
At OEDA, we are thankful for our members who are passionately committed to the success of their communities and advancing Ohio’s economy. Over the past year, we’ve appreciated having you as part of our community of economic development professionals and are grateful for the opportunity to be your partner again in 2023.read more
As your partner for success at every step of your career, OEDA strives to provide high-impact training opportunities for our members each year. The foundation of that training is our Basic Economic Development Course (Ohio BEDC). This year’s course will be held from May 1-4 in Dublin, Ohio, and Early Bird Registration is open from now until March 1.read more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Workforce Collaborative hosted its first meeting of the year on Thursday, January 19. With almost 40 individuals present, representing schools, businesses, service providers, and community organizations, members reviewed accomplishments from 2022, established a new meeting structure for 2023, and discussed how their current efforts can continue to meet the needs of the local community.read more