Economic Development Specialist
Alloy Development Co., Inc. seeks a full-time Economic Development Specialist with a passion for improving the economic prosperity of local communities to join our talented, professional staff leading the economic development efforts for Hamilton County. This position assists with establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with the existing business community, marketing and promoting the County to attract new businesses, and supporting the expansion of existing businesses. The position has considerable interface with local community leaders and the development and business community. The position is responsible for the delivery of exceptional client services, administration of programs, as well as tracking and reporting on key metrics for both internal and external clients.
- Represents the department and serves as a liaison to assigned communities and business organizations.
- Creates and delivers presentations to various committees and public bodies (Some evening meetings may be required).
- Conduct research and provide analysis, reporting and presentation assistance on various projects. Assembles necessary demographics, statistics, maps, and reports.
- Assumes ownership for intake and processing of requests for information (RFIs) including site searches in the development of responses to consultant and company-generated requests for information.
- Provide technical support to tax incentive programs, the Hamilton County Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), including report generation, mapping, site research, etc.
- Performs other economic development duties including assisting with preparing yearly tax abatement reports, tracking expansion projects, and coordinating workshops for local economic development leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, planning, political science, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Some travel may be required.
- 2 or more years of experience in economic, business, or real estate development.
- Passion for revitalizing urban areas and communities
- Strong oral and written communication skills demonstrating tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and a positive demeanor
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and others.
- High level of judgement and decision-making skills that allow for defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Problem solving skills including identifying the root cause, envisioning future needs, and correcting/planning accordingly
- Computer skills and comfortability utilizing various technology including Microsoft Office Applications, Google Workspace Applications, and other web-based systems
- Time management skills including multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines for a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000 (DOQ)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA employer contribution of $1500 per year
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Additional annual contribution to 401(k) depending on organizational results
- Life Insurance of 2x annual salary, max=$200k (employer paid)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (employer paid)
- 3 weeks of vacation accrued annually to start (increases with tenure)
- 5 Sick Days accrued annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Remote hybrid work option
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alloy Development Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Alloy Development Co., Inc. believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.
About Alloy Development Co., Inc.
Established in 1983, Alloy Development Co., Inc. is a private not-for-profit economic development organization with a public purpose to promote and facilitate economic growth in the marketplaces we serve. Alloy accomplishes this in three ways: Entrepreneurial Business Incubation, Small Business Lending, and Economic Development Services.
The Ohio Export Internship Program matches businesses interested in growing exports with highly motivated college students who have taken export-focused coursework. The Ohio Department of Development offers participating small to medium-sized businesses a 50 percent reimbursement for the wages of the intern.read more
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more