Economic Development Specialist – Ohio University’s Voinovich School of Leadership & Public Affairs – Proctorville, Ohio Branch
THIS IS A GRANT-FUNDED POSITION. EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTINUED FUNDING FROM THE GRANT PROVIDER. POSITION OPEN DATE: 10/16/19. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE OHIO UNIVERSITY PROCTERVILLE CAMPUS
This position requires a flexible, team player who will assist faculty, professional staff, & students w/technical assistance, applied research, data compilation/analysis, project administration, oral presentations, & report writing in the area of community & economic development. Position will directly apply knowledge of local & state economic development policies & tools specific to OH.
Essential Duties, Task and Responsibilities:
• Interact and engage with external stakeholders (public, private and non-profit) on economic and workforce development initiatives in the region.
• Compiling & analyzing publicly available economic, demographic, industry, & occupational data; conducting industry cluster & economic impact analyses, asset mapping; & other research using common economics-based statistical techniques.
• Develop written reports and oral presentations to communicate research, data, and thought leadership to stakeholders.
• Assist the supervisor & other faculty & staff with writing grant proposals & managing projects.
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with Port Authorities, Special Improvement Districts, Joint Economic Development Districts, tax abatement/credit programs, enterprise bond funds, grant programs, workforce development, real estate redevelopment & other tools available to support economic development efforts in OH.
• Strong oral communication skills are required to present to stakeholders & represent the School in public & private meetings.
• Strong academic & professional writing skills are required to contribute to research reports.
The position will assist the supervisor and other faculty and staff with writing grant proposals and managing projects. Experience with research and practice grounded in economic concepts and their application in a rural area is preferred.
This position is based at Ohio University’s Proctorville campus.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a grant funded position and is available immediately after the search.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in city and regional planning, or economics/agricultural economics, or public policy, or a similar field. One to two years of work experience is also required. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as needed to fulfill job duties.
For a complete job description and to apply for the position, please visit:
For full consideration please apply by September 15, 2019.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2019 class of OhioCEDs — Certified Economic Developersread more
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors across the U.S. and Ohio. According to CNBC, healthcare is only second to technology. Healthcare brings high-paying jobs and significant investment, which is why JobsOhio continues to leverage Ohio’s global leaders in patient care, innovative research and academic institutions to grow and attract leading life science companies to the state.read more
Sandusky County Economic Development Corporation (SCEDC) a non-profit organization that focuses on workforce development, business retention and expansion, and business recruitment for Sandusky County, has received a $5,000 U.S. Bank Foundation Grant for the THINK Sandusky County workforce development initiatives.read more