Executive Director – Medina County Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Executive Director of the Medina County Convention and Visitors Bureau, located in Medina, Ohio, will work closely with the County’s hospitality and tourism partners to market the area as a premier tourism destination. The Executive Director will be responsible for strategic leadership and direction of the organization as it works to positively impact the area’s economy.
- Assume full accountability for executive leadership and management, ensuring that the overall mission and strategies of the organization are consistently implemented and maintained in accordance with the by-laws and policies of the Board of Directors.
- Be accountable for developing and overseeing the implementation of the annual budget and marketing plan.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate personnel, coordinate staff training, establish goals for individuals and organization and assist staff with meeting those goals, and oversee implementation of these programs.
- Develop and implement effective strategies, policies, and processes for continued growth of the organization.
- Engage the community and businesses as a professional spokesperson for the organization.
- Participate in continuing education activities and stay current and informed on tourism trends.
- Other duties as assigned by the board.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growth and leadership in the fields of tourism, marketing, or sales and must also demonstrate building successful partnerships within a community. Excellent communication skills will also be critical to success in the role. The Executive Director should be seen as high energy and engaged in the efforts of the CVB.
In addition, the following will be considered:
- Experience in hotel, hospitality and tourism, and economic development fields
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and social media marketing and content creation expected
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects
- Experience working for a non-profit and with a Board of Directors
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including evening and weekends as needed
The salary for this position will be $75,000 annually plus a competitive benefits and bonus package.
The Medina County Convention and Visitors Bureau is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
Housing demand outstrips supply so much that developers can be – and are – very selective about where they choose to invest. Factors like land price, annexation and zoning processes, infrastructure costs, density, and community design specs will make or break a developer’s go-or-no-go decision. This panel discussion will provide insights into developers’ decision-making processes, as well as help direct the focus of local economic developers to those areas in which they can add value in housing discussions.
The Call for Presentations for the OEDA Annual Summit to be held September 4-6, 2024, at the Glass City Center in Toledo, Ohio, is now open. The Annual Summit offers a unique platform to highlight innovative solutions, spark discussions, and share impactful strategies that have positively influenced communities. The Annual Summit organizers are seeking speakers to provide a variety of high quality educational sessions to attendees.
The Ohio Economic Development Association has announced JP Nauseef and Dr. Ned Hill as the keynote presenters for the upcoming Ohio Basic Economic Development Course, April 29-May 2, in Dublin, Ohio. JP Nauseef, the President and CEO of JobsOhio, which has been described as the “best in class state economic development partnership,” will welcome the Basic Course students and Keynote the course. Dr. Ned Hill, a recognized national expert in economic growth, regional development, and economic development, will kick off the course by covering “What is Economic Development and What is the Job of an Economic Development Professional?”