Executive Director – Ohio Land Bank Association (OLBA)
The Ohio Land Bank Association (OLBA) is seeking a creative and energetic individual to lead the OLBA as its first Executive Director. The OLBA is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) membership association dedicated to strengthening Ohio communities by providing support and services to its Ohio land bank network of members. The OLBA is looking for an entrepreneurial individual with a passion for strengthening neighborhoods and communities throughout Ohio that will help take the OLBA to the next level.
Full-time, Exempt (Professional)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Ohio Land Bank Association (OLBA) Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the OLBA, responsible for the management and administration of the daily operations and affairs of the association in its work to strengthen Ohio communities through the support and services it provides to its network members. Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Membership & Outreach
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Membership & Outreach Committee in successfully fulfilling its assigned responsibilities, including attending Membership & Outreach Committee meetings.
- Assist in the identification, on-boarding, and retention of association members, and assist in developing and maintaining a comprehensive membership management system.
- Provide technical assistance and support to OLBA members, local governments, and related organizations.
- Assist in identifying, developing, publishing, and promoting best practices within the Ohio land bank community.
- Develop and implement an inclusive plan to build and strengthen relationships between the OLBA and its membership, as well as with other stakeholder organizations and individuals, through inperson and electronic communications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of various communication channels including, but not limited to, email communications, e-newsletters, surveys, and website content management.
Marketing & Events
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Marketing & Events Committee in successfully fulfilling its assigned responsibilities, including attending Marketing & Events Committee meetings.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the OLBA Annual Conference and Quarterly Network Meetings, and other events.
- Assist in developing and publishing print and electronic resources for OLBA members, stakeholders, and the public.
Policy & Advocacy
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Policy & Advocacy Committee in successfully fulfilling its assigned responsibilities, including attending Policy & Advocacy Committee meetings.
- Work with the Policy & Advocacy Committee and OLBA consultants to develop and maintain a contact management system for external stakeholders with whom the OLBA interacts, and assist in building, strengthening, and maintaining positive working relationships on behalf of the OLBA.
- Assist in developing and implementing an OLBA legislative and policy platform to advance the mission of the OLBA.
- Research, analyze, and track state and federal public policy through existing and proposed legislation, appropriations, and other rules and regulations, that may impact OLBA’s mission and/or its members.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the OLBA Treasurer and the Finance Committee in fulfilling their assigned responsibilities, including attending Finance Committee meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and financial reports.
- Assist in the management of OLBA finances, as needed, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and benefits.
- Assist in reviewing and securing all necessary insurance policies and ensuring compliance with all insurance policy requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of, and timely and accurate compliance with, all required audits, tax filings, and other business filings and requirements.
- Research and identify potential funding opportunities, including public, private, and philanthropic resources that may be available to support the OLBA and its members.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the OLBA Board of Directors and its committees.
- Maintain regular communication with the OLBA Board of Directors.
- Assist in the scheduling and facilitation of meetings of the OLBA Board of Directors and its committees and in sending appropriate notices and other communications.
- Assist the Secretary in the preparation of meeting minutes and other board, committee, and membership communications.
- Assist the Secretary and Treasurer in the maintenance and safekeeping of all corporate records.
The Executive Director will be required to represent the OLBA and will regularly interact with local, state, federal, nonprofit, and private stakeholders, and the public, and will be required to perform any, and all, other duties or functions that may be necessary and in the best interests of the efficient operations of the OLBA as directed by the OLBA Board of Directors and/or its President.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Administrative leadership experience with a membership association or other public or nonprofit organization is preferred. Experience working directly with, for, or on behalf of land banks, or within community and economic development or another closely related field, is a plus. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn, and excel in, the position
- Ability to be collegial, collaborative, inclusive, flexible, and creative
- Positive and optimistic attitude, with the ability to maintain a professional image
- Able to convey a strong passion for the work of Ohio’s land banks and their importance to the work of local communities.
- Outstanding organization and follow-up skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal, communication skills
- The ability to effectively communicate policy needs at all levels
- An ability to work with all political parties
The successful candidate for this position must be able to travel regularly within the State of Ohio to attend conferences, trainings, meetings, and other events, as required. Occasional travel outside of the State of Ohio to attend conferences, trainings, meetings, and other events, may also be required. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Mileage reimbursement will be provided based on OLBA guidelines.
Application materials, including a Letter of Interest, Resume, and List of 3 Professional References, must be submitted online no later than 5:00 p.m. (EST), Friday, October 28, 2022, by visiting: https://employment.ohiolandbanks.org/mum97xzt
The initial starting salary is expected to be approximately $75,000, annually, but is negotiable and will be based on experience, qualifications, and salary history.
Questions regarding the online application may be submitted to email@example.com.
This position is not a “public” position and does not participate in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System. However, the OLBA will offer a competitive benefits package or alternative.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Ohio Land Bank Association is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) membership association and is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please visit the Ohio Land Bank Association website at www.ohiolandbanks.org.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities, that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, activities, and/or responsibilities, may change at any time with, or without, notice.
Governor’s Office Announces First Projects Funded Through New Appalachian Community Grant Program
On March 20, 2023, the Ohio Department of Development issued this statement announcing the first major development projects that will be implemented with funding from Ohio’s $500 million Appalachian Community Grant Program.read more
Progress Update for MLK & Reading Road Redevelopment
Recently, Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) shared an update on how 2022 was a year of working together to create a 21st-century urban district. UCI is pleased to share the latest update on how efforts at the MLK & Reading Road Redevelopment Area in the Cincinnati Innovation District (CID) continue to be the driving force behind the revitalization of the area.read more
Crawford County Announces Available Federal Grant Funding
The Crawford County Commissioners announced today that they are seeking project proposals for community infrastructure and facilities for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding. The Commissioners have selected the Crawford Partnership to facilitate the process, and information will be made available at public hearings, in-person and virtual community meetings, and council meetings, and online at buildcrawford.org.read more