Executive Director – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $130,000 – $150,000 + annual bonus based on performance
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204;
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off
Company Overview: Non-profit organization working in small business commercial real estate and equipment lending.
Lending done in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—
specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
Position Overview: Oversees non-profit Certified Development Company with a $100+ million portfolio and professional
staff of 8
• Evaluate new programmatic opportunities and set strategic objectives for organization in consultation with Board of Directors
• Communicate with Board of Directors and keep all Board members informed on organizational objectives
• Coordinate and present materials at regularly scheduled Board meetings
• Develop and implement annual budget
• Represent organization to outside stakeholders and centers of influence through marketing, networking events, social media, etc.
• Supervise professional staff of 8 employees
• Serve as de facto Chief Credit Officer of organization; reviewing approximately 60-70 loan requests annually
• Interact with OSDC Loan Origination Team and field questions from lenders about potential loan requests and provide oversight on loan structuring and eligibility
• Oversee Loan Servicing and Closing teams, providing regular oversight and decisioning on non-routine issues
• Ensure company complies with all administrative/regulatory/legal requirements
• Five years of experience in leadership of a commercial lending environment or economic development organization or eight years of experience in business banking or economic development
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail is a must
• Valid driver’s license is required
• SBA lending experience is a plus
Submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because this position requires strong communication skills attention to detail, extra consideration will be given to candidates that submit a thorough, well-written cover letter.
Join Your Peers at OEDA’s Core Courses, Starting in May!
The month of May brings the first of OEDA’s Core Skills Courses, with the Business Retention and Expansion Course taking place May 25-26. Read about all of the upcoming Core Courses here.read more
Ohio Air Quality Development Authority Builds a Strong Economy and Healthier Ohio
The Ohio Air Quality Development Authority (OAQDA) recently released its 2022 annual report, highlighting key results, video case studies and introducing a new tool to better measure the agency’s impact across the state.read more
Geauga Growth Partnership Holds Annual Business Meeting
Geauga Growth Partnership’s (GGP) Annual Business Meeting was a wonderful success, with over 170 local business owners, government officials, and community partners in attendance. The meeting took place on Wednesday, April 12th at 7:30 am, and was filled with engaging conversations and insightful presentations. One of the highlights of the event was the discussion with Mark Schweitzer, Senior Vice President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. Attendees were able to gain valuable insights into economic trends and predictions of the business landscape.read more