Executive Director – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $130,000 – $150,000 + annual bonus based on performance
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204;
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off
Company Overview: Non-profit organization working in small business commercial real estate and equipment lending.
Lending done in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—
specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
Position Overview: Oversees non-profit Certified Development Company with a $100+ million portfolio and professional
staff of 8
• Evaluate new programmatic opportunities and set strategic objectives for organization in consultation with Board of Directors
• Communicate with Board of Directors and keep all Board members informed on organizational objectives
• Coordinate and present materials at regularly scheduled Board meetings
• Develop and implement annual budget
• Represent organization to outside stakeholders and centers of influence through marketing, networking events, social media, etc.
• Supervise professional staff of 8 employees
• Serve as de facto Chief Credit Officer of organization; reviewing approximately 60-70 loan requests annually
• Interact with OSDC Loan Origination Team and field questions from lenders about potential loan requests and provide oversight on loan structuring and eligibility
• Oversee Loan Servicing and Closing teams, providing regular oversight and decisioning on non-routine issues
• Ensure company complies with all administrative/regulatory/legal requirements
• Five years of experience in leadership of a commercial lending environment or economic development organization or eight years of experience in business banking or economic development
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail is a must
• Valid driver’s license is required
• SBA lending experience is a plus
Submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Because this position requires strong communication skills attention to detail, extra consideration will be given to candidates that submit a thorough, well-written cover letter.
Housing demand outstrips supply so much that developers can be – and are – very selective about where they choose to invest. Factors like land price, annexation and zoning processes, infrastructure costs, density, and community design specs will make or break a developer’s go-or-no-go decision. This panel discussion will provide insights into developers’ decision-making processes, as well as help direct the focus of local economic developers to those areas in which they can add value in housing discussions.
The Call for Presentations for the OEDA Annual Summit to be held September 4-6, 2024, at the Glass City Center in Toledo, Ohio, is now open. The Annual Summit offers a unique platform to highlight innovative solutions, spark discussions, and share impactful strategies that have positively influenced communities. The Annual Summit organizers are seeking speakers to provide a variety of high quality educational sessions to attendees.
The Ohio Economic Development Association has announced JP Nauseef and Dr. Ned Hill as the keynote presenters for the upcoming Ohio Basic Economic Development Course, April 29-May 2, in Dublin, Ohio. JP Nauseef, the President and CEO of JobsOhio, which has been described as the “best in class state economic development partnership,” will welcome the Basic Course students and Keynote the course. Dr. Ned Hill, a recognized national expert in economic growth, regional development, and economic development, will kick off the course by covering “What is Economic Development and What is the Job of an Economic Development Professional?”