Executive & Economic Development Director – Crawford Partnership for Education and Economic Development
The purpose of the Crawford Partnership for Education and Economic Development (Partnership)is to listen, learn, and lead efforts to enhance the livelihood of families and businesses in Crawford County. We do this through strategic economic, community, and workforce development, working closely with local governments, business leaders, and state/regional organizations to affect positive change. The full 2030 vision and history of the partnership can be found at crawfordpartnership.org.
The Partnership is accepting applications for the full time position of Executive and Economic Development Director. This individual will be employed by the Partnership’s Board of Directors and will report to the Board, while providing regular reports to the Partnership’s Executive Committee. The Executive and Economic Development Director is authorized to execute a broad range of economic development initiatives and is responsible for implementing goals, policies, financial management, and providing leadership and oversight for staff and resources toward the accomplishment of the Partnership’s mission. As Executive Director, this individual is responsible for the overall management of the office and its functions. This position is critical to the growth of Crawford County.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities for Role of Economic Development Director
- Oversees County’s economic development efforts by coordinating and implementing economic development initiatives and strategies to achieve goals and objectives, utilizing grants when applicable.
- Conducts meetings with the business community; prepares and presents economic development plans and information to a variety of audiences.
- Monitors economic development legislation as well as legislation, rulemaking, policy, and business trends that impact business growth and retention. Serves as information source on these matters for business community.
- Maintains strong working relationships with JobsOhio, Regional Growth Partnership (RGP), Ohio Department of Development, Ohio Department of Transportation, CIC, federal, state & local elected officials, government agencies, the public, area businesses, business organizations, clients, media, and others.
- Develops and monitors community-level indicators reflecting local economic development activity and the outcomes of the Crawford: 2030 Vision strategic plan.
- Business Retention & Expansion (BRE): Promotes retention and expansion of industry, commerce, and retail within the County; develops and maintains a cooperative working relationship with existing businesses, local utilities and governmental officials; identifies existing businesses’ retention and expansion needs, and utilizes available resources to address those needs. Maintains BRE information and schedules.
- Marketing & Attraction: Promotes positive image of Crawford County and the Partnership office,
maintains database (Zoom Prospector) with up-to-date site/building information and oversees marketing for economic development and manages relationships with consultants, partners, and site selectors.
- Community Involvement: Attends and participates in relevant local board meetings and attends before and after-hours events and meetings as needed. Makes presentations, responds to inquiries, and serves as principal liaison for all economic development matters in the County.
- Identifies economic development needs; develops or seeks out initiatives to address development needs and selects and prioritizes projects that reflect strategy; prepares and submits applications, required reporting and documentation to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations; and administers and coordinates with various grant projects and programs.
- Manages current grants and activities and ensures compliance; submits accurate and timely reports as required.
- Seeks grant programs to expand and enhance the economic development activities and efforts of Crawford County.
- Works cooperatively with county agencies and regional partners to develop and enhance workforce and economic development programs, including but not limited to Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), SPARC, Workforce Area 10, Crawford Works, and CommunityOpportunity.com.
- Serves and advises on boards relating to economic development including, but not limited to, Transportation Improvement District (TID), Crawford County Development Board, Land Bank, and Economic Development District.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities for Role of Executive Director
- Develops, initiatives and activates strategies and tactics to achieve the organization’s economic development goals and visions, as well as oversee day-to-day operation of the Partnership office, establishing and maintaining employment and administrative policies and procedures.
- Works with Board and staff to fulfill the organization’s mission to include identification, recruitment and liaison with Board members.
- Support Board and Committee meetings. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization including fundraising and developing revenue to support the mission and organization, submitting to the Board proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflects the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management including operating within the approved budget, approving payroll, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintaining the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible with full supervisory autonomy of staff (e.g., maintains personnel records; assists in the hiring process and recommends selection of candidates; recommends personnel actions; ensures inclusive, diverse and equitable staff and workplace; conducts performance evaluations; handles routine disciplinary matters of department staff; recommends disciplinary action, etc.).
- Strategic planning and implementation of the Crawford: 2030 Vision plan along with overseeing marketing and other communication efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Ideal Candidate Qualities & Attributes
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in economic development or equivalent in business, organizational management, government relations, or real estate development.
- Two to five (or more) years non-profit/management experience and industry experience.
- Experience with industrial and commercial projects including site selection, financing, permitting, utilities, HR, incentives; preferred.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a broad cross-section of stakeholders.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Success in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, communities, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and financial results.
- Excellent donor relations skills, grantwriting, and understanding of the philanthropic or investor community.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Strong communication skills including oral, written, and public speaking.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and ability to work flexible schedule to attend community meetings .
Software and Software as a Service Used
Expectation to stay current with industry and workplace technology; current use is Microsoft Office 365; QuickBooks; Zoom; PayPal or willing to become proficient quickly.
Salary range of $90-110K, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, holidays, & PTO.
Qualified individuals are asked to send a letter of interest and complete resume with references to the Crawford Partnership via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio Department of Development Selects MBAC Partners as Part of the Minority Business Assistance Center Network Program
The Ohio Department of Development today announced its selection of hosts to join the Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC) Network Program for the July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025, grant period. They will serve the needs of Ohio’s minority-, women-, veteran-, and disadvantaged businesses for their region.read more
We Can Only Go Up from Here
High Density Mixed Use Planned to Replace Blighted Neighborhood in Whitehall
Like in life, it’s not the hand your dealt that defines you in economic development. It’s about how you play your cards and capitalize on opportunities for your community.
Yes in Our Back Yard
Ever since the Intel announcement, the region has had endless conversations about how to be “Intel Ready.” While Intel will undoubtedly be a gamechanger for Ohio, we’re behind the eight ball if we weren’t already preparing for population growth and increased pressure on our built infrastructure and logistics pipelines.read more