Firelands Forward Project Coordinator
Firelands Forward Project Coordinator
Closing April 18ᵗʰ, 2021
The Firelands Forward Project Coordinator is a dynamic and detail-oriented role that works closely with the Firelands Forward staff, Work Groups, and Advisory Board. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for driving the collaborative’s work forward by facilitating the programming of our focus areas, and through connecting with the business community and service providers. The Project Coordinator reports to the Collaborative Director.
The Project Coordinator will provide day-to-day support and facilitation of projects and tasks related the goals of Firelands Forward. Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain an active knowledge of services and resources available to businesses on a local, state, and federal level;
• Create and maintain relationships in the business community through outreach and networking opportunities;
• Capture business needs through use of CRM software;
• Actively communicate with members of partner organizations to provide Firelands Forward services to solve workforce challenges;
• Work with Firelands Forward team to deliver services including data analysis, job opening promotion, resource connection, and placement services;
• Act as liaison between the business community and service providers to ensure services are being marketed to businesses, and businesses have increased ease of access; and
• Attend all relevant meetings to collect information on ways to connect with partners in the community, and to promote the work of Firelands Forward
Supporting the Work Groups
● Assist in planning, convening and facilitating monthly results-based meetings with the cross- sector Work Groups;
● Building, establishing, and maintaining trusting community relationships and partnerships with Work Group members;
● Collaborate with staff, director, and Work Group members to design and implement project action plan;
● Coordinate and collaborate with subject matter experts to design and implement solutions;
● Support funding efforts for projects through assisting with grant writing process by researching and reporting work;
● Monitor and share action plan progress with the Advisory Board and other key stakeholders through annual impact reports, quarterly updates etc.
● Ensure Work Group members understand and follow through on individual and collective commitments;
● Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new Work Group members; and
● Become a familiar face within the Firelands community;
● Maintaining understanding of current community and implementation challenges and developing comprehensive solutions to address them;
● In partnership with Collaborative Director, providing support to partner organizations in aligning their work to the Collaborative’s goals (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals);
● Coordinating advocacy supporting activities of partners.
• Develop and maintain meaningful presence on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.);
• Utilize Constant Contact to communicate with Firelands Forward Followers;
• Update Firelands Forward website with relevant content; and
• Assist with the creation and design of literature and print material as need
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as: economic development, community development
● education, human resources, or social sciences.
● Minimum 3-years work experience in a related field such as: community development, education, marketing or human resources, planning and delivering activities requiring high level community engagement, facilitation and the development of relationships.
● Knowledge of project management fundamentals and experience supporting complex projects.
● Experience working with community members
● Familiarity workforce development challenges, with a focus on recruitment, hiring and retention of qualified employees
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alex Jones at email@example.com. All applicants will be reviewed as received.
The City of Delaware welcomes Cody Hatten as its new Economic Development Coordinator.
Hatten previously served in various capacities with the Lawrence Economic Development Corporation in Lawrence County, Ohio. His positions included Economic Development Specialist and Director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau.read more
The 2022 Ohio Basic Economic Development Course (OBEDC) is an intensive training experience for economic development practitioners, community leaders, local government officials and others committed to building healthy economies for their communities.read more
OEDA has two important sessions taking place in February, 2022 that will be of interest,read more