GROW Licking County is seeking an Assistant Director
GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation
Position: Assistant Director
Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
The Assistant Director coordinates and collaborates directly with the Executive Director in the implementation of GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation’s key areas of focus. These areas include:
- Workforce Development programming
- Business Retention & Expansion programming
- Business Attraction Activities
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and evaluates strategies for the retention and expansion of businesses.
- Provides guidance to businesses to assist them in establishing, relocating, and/or expanding their operations within the community.
- Coordinates incentive, recruitment, and support efforts with local, regional, and state economic development organizations, such as JobsOhio, and One Columbus.
- Manages the tracking and reporting of all business-investment performance metrics; familiarity with the Salesforce platform is a plus
- Represents GROW Licking County at local, regional, and state levels by fostering relationships with organizations, professional colleagues, independent authorities, and other public and private stakeholders.
- Uses social media marketing tools to create, maintain, and monitor the company’s brand.
- Analyzes the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, the Assistant Director will serve as the lead point of contact for the organization
- The incumbent must demonstrate and maintain confidentiality, demonstrate regular and predictable attendance; have flexibility to attend various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops (with proper notification).
- Performs additional duties to support operational requirements as assigned. The organization retains the discretion to adjust the duties as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economic Development, Marketing, Urban Planning, Community Development, or related field and three to five year’s related experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the specific requirements listed above.
Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About three months ago, we launched our Recovery Within Reach campaign, a first-of-its-kind effort to educate Ohioans about the financial effects of opioid addiction — and to connect them with treatment options close to their homes.
Our goal is to create a new way of talking about addiction, one in which people consider the facts and practical realities of how substance use disorder affects their lives. Not long ago, Gov. Mike DeWine challenged all of us in state government to think of ways we could help Ohioans navigate the opioid crisis that has affected our state for so long. For us, that meant considering the financial effects of addiction — and providing tools and trainings to help Ohioans and financial advisers talk about addiction and access care.read more
Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) received $45 million in New Markets Tax Credits, which it will use to spur development in transformational projects in Uptown Cincinnati.read more
Newark Development Partners (NDP), the community improvement corporation for the City of Newark, continues to further development in the Downtown through various projects. The sale of the Hudson Avenue Church with surrounding property, the renewal of the Downtown Special Improvement District and the commencement of construction at the Historic Arcade are all recent successes for the City of Newark.read more