Job Opportunity: Transportation Technical Director, Richland County Regional Planning Commission (RCRPC)
RCRPC located in Mansfield Ohio, provides exceptional services in land-use and transportation planning to the political subdivisions of Richland County, Ohio.
RCRPC is searching for a Transportation Technical Director to guide and direct the transportation planning program, insuring that it is continuing, comprehensive and cooperative, in accordance to the guidelines and requirements for a Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Duties for the position will include:
- Developing, coordinating, and maintaining the transportation elements of the Overall Work Program, the Long Range Transportation Plan, the Transportation Improvement Program, and the Semi-Annual Performance Reports in consultation with the staff, the Technical Advisory Committee, and others
- Performing and participating in short and long range studies concerning the planning of transportation facilities and services and their impact on the study area’s transportation network, land use, and air quality
- Coordinating project scheduling, progress evaluation, technical liaison and agency coordination
- Leading the transportation staff, staff supervision and development
- Reviewing reports covering complex technical analyses on various planning issues including policy recommendations
- Presenting study results and recommendations to technical advisory committee and the Coordinating Committee.
In general, the Transportation Technical Director must have strong analytical abilities; considerable knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of transportation and regional planning, including the 4-step transportation planning process; project management experience; knowledge of federal and state grant management; and strong communication skills. Prior experience with metropolitan planning organizations, state DOTs, municipalities or transportation engineering is advantageous.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, transportation engineering, public administration or a related field with at least 5 years of progressive experience in either public administration, transit, transportation, project management , or any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and abilities required to perform the job.
A complete job description is available at www.rcrpc.org
Full Time. Entry Salary range $68,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Strong benefits package. Equal employment opportunity employer.
If you think you are the right candidate send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sometimes it only takes a simple conversation, a spark that lights the fire of collaboration and community partnerships. The simple conversations between OhioMeansJobs-Paulding County and the Paulding County Economic Development Office led to a meeting of the minds between the aforementioned pair, Vancrest of Payne, and Northwest State Community College.read more
The Ohio Department of Development (Development) announced today that the application for the new Transformational Mixed-Use Development Program is open. The program provides a tax credit for major, mixed-use developments in Ohio. Applications are now available on Development’s website.read more
Ohio’s 2022-2023 budget recently signed by Governor DeWine, allocates $500 million in new brownfield funding. Funding will be administered by the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) which must adopt rules for allocation of brownfield funding and the demolition program. The rules will determine project eligibility and administration of the program.read more