Job Opportunity: Transportation Technical Director, Richland County Regional Planning Commission (RCRPC)
RCRPC located in Mansfield Ohio, provides exceptional services in land-use and transportation planning to the political subdivisions of Richland County, Ohio.
RCRPC is searching for a Transportation Technical Director to guide and direct the transportation planning program, insuring that it is continuing, comprehensive and cooperative, in accordance to the guidelines and requirements for a Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Duties for the position will include:
- Developing, coordinating, and maintaining the transportation elements of the Overall Work Program, the Long Range Transportation Plan, the Transportation Improvement Program, and the Semi-Annual Performance Reports in consultation with the staff, the Technical Advisory Committee, and others
- Performing and participating in short and long range studies concerning the planning of transportation facilities and services and their impact on the study area’s transportation network, land use, and air quality
- Coordinating project scheduling, progress evaluation, technical liaison and agency coordination
- Leading the transportation staff, staff supervision and development
- Reviewing reports covering complex technical analyses on various planning issues including policy recommendations
- Presenting study results and recommendations to technical advisory committee and the Coordinating Committee.
In general, the Transportation Technical Director must have strong analytical abilities; considerable knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of transportation and regional planning, including the 4-step transportation planning process; project management experience; knowledge of federal and state grant management; and strong communication skills. Prior experience with metropolitan planning organizations, state DOTs, municipalities or transportation engineering is advantageous.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, transportation engineering, public administration or a related field with at least 5 years of progressive experience in either public administration, transit, transportation, project management , or any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and abilities required to perform the job.
A complete job description is available at www.rcrpc.org
Full Time. Entry Salary range $68,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Strong benefits package. Equal employment opportunity employer.
If you think you are the right candidate send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more