Job Opportunity: Transportation Technical Director, Richland County Regional Planning Commission (RCRPC)
RCRPC located in Mansfield Ohio, provides exceptional services in land-use and transportation planning to the political subdivisions of Richland County, Ohio.
RCRPC is searching for a Transportation Technical Director to guide and direct the transportation planning program, insuring that it is continuing, comprehensive and cooperative, in accordance to the guidelines and requirements for a Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Duties for the position will include:
- Developing, coordinating, and maintaining the transportation elements of the Overall Work Program, the Long Range Transportation Plan, the Transportation Improvement Program, and the Semi-Annual Performance Reports in consultation with the staff, the Technical Advisory Committee, and others
- Performing and participating in short and long range studies concerning the planning of transportation facilities and services and their impact on the study area’s transportation network, land use, and air quality
- Coordinating project scheduling, progress evaluation, technical liaison and agency coordination
- Leading the transportation staff, staff supervision and development
- Reviewing reports covering complex technical analyses on various planning issues including policy recommendations
- Presenting study results and recommendations to technical advisory committee and the Coordinating Committee.
In general, the Transportation Technical Director must have strong analytical abilities; considerable knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of transportation and regional planning, including the 4-step transportation planning process; project management experience; knowledge of federal and state grant management; and strong communication skills. Prior experience with metropolitan planning organizations, state DOTs, municipalities or transportation engineering is advantageous.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, transportation engineering, public administration or a related field with at least 5 years of progressive experience in either public administration, transit, transportation, project management , or any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and abilities required to perform the job.
A complete job description is available at www.rcrpc.org
Full Time. Entry Salary range $68,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Strong benefits package. Equal employment opportunity employer.
If you think you are the right candidate send resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Applications/resumes will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
As part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in 2022, a new federal program was created that provides great opportunity for Ohio – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF). It allocates $27 billion in financial assistance through three programs to reduce harmful air pollutants, mobilize financing and private capital, and deliver benefits for low-income and disadvantaged communities.read more
60,000 concert goers attend inaugural 4 day Voices of America Country Music Festival in West Chester, Ohio with Alabama, JoDee Messina, Lainey Wilson, Dan +Shay, and many more!read more
The word is out Central Ohio is a wonderful place to live and work. While job opportunities are prevalent, the housing market is a challenge. The headlines are focused on new builds and further directed at greenspace and farmland depletion, zoning, density, affordability, transportation, congestion, the impact on schools, and concerns about community identity. New builds are vital, but the housing puzzle has an overlooked solution piece with abandoned and underutilized property.read more