Job Opportunity: Transportation Technical Director, Richland County Regional Planning Commission (RCRPC)
RCRPC located in Mansfield Ohio, provides exceptional services in land-use and transportation planning to the political subdivisions of Richland County, Ohio.
RCRPC is searching for a Transportation Technical Director to guide and direct the transportation planning program, insuring that it is continuing, comprehensive and cooperative, in accordance to the guidelines and requirements for a Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Duties for the position will include:
- Developing, coordinating, and maintaining the transportation elements of the Overall Work Program, the Long Range Transportation Plan, the Transportation Improvement Program, and the Semi-Annual Performance Reports in consultation with the staff, the Technical Advisory Committee, and others
- Performing and participating in short and long range studies concerning the planning of transportation facilities and services and their impact on the study area’s transportation network, land use, and air quality
- Coordinating project scheduling, progress evaluation, technical liaison and agency coordination
- Leading the transportation staff, staff supervision and development
- Reviewing reports covering complex technical analyses on various planning issues including policy recommendations
- Presenting study results and recommendations to technical advisory committee and the Coordinating Committee.
In general, the Transportation Technical Director must have strong analytical abilities; considerable knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of transportation and regional planning, including the 4-step transportation planning process; project management experience; knowledge of federal and state grant management; and strong communication skills. Prior experience with metropolitan planning organizations, state DOTs, municipalities or transportation engineering is advantageous.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, transportation engineering, public administration or a related field with at least 5 years of progressive experience in either public administration, transit, transportation, project management , or any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and abilities required to perform the job.
A complete job description is available at www.rcrpc.org
Full Time. Entry Salary range $68,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Strong benefits package. Equal employment opportunity employer.
If you think you are the right candidate send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more