Key Accounts and Economic Development Specialist
Open Position Title: Specialist in Key Accounts, Economic Development, Government Affairs and Community Outreach
Organization: North Central Electric Cooperative
Application Deadline: August 4, 2023
Salary Range: $63,665 – $83,319
Location: This individual will work mostly in our NCE territory (Seneca, Wyandot and Crawford county area) but will sometimes travel to our LMRE territory (Lorain, Medina county areas).
Highlights: Great pay & benefits. High impact & purposeful work. Great work environment. Always new and challenging projects.
Full Job Description:
- The Key Accounts and Economic Development Specialist will assist in developing and coordinating the Cooperative’s Key Account programs to maximize the opportunities available for mutually successful business relationships.
- The Key Accounts and Economic Development Specialist will assure the coordination and implementation of products and services for key members that help result in their continued business success.
- The Key Accounts and Economic Development Specialist will develop relationships with key members that demonstrate FESCO’s commitment to meeting their power supply and business needs into the future.
- The Key Accounts and Economic Development Specialist will work with community leaders and legislators on issues and programs in support of the cooperative’s mission.
- The Key Accounts and Economic Development Specialist will communicate and work with all FESCO departments to meet the needs of key members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements annual and long-term business strategic plans, including both electric and non-electric business opportunities, to positively affect the success of key members, resulting in mutually beneficial contractual agreements.
- Assists key members through visits and frequent communication.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license to travel throughout the country conducting business.
- Implements and oversees educational and motivational programs to achieve employee commitment throughout the Cooperative for the success of our key member programs.
- Identifies trends or events which may present additional opportunities. Assists in developing programs, proposals, and services, which will capitalize on these trends or events.
- Develops a working knowledge of key member’s trades and/or business operations.
- Assists in developing and adhering to a strategic plan and budget.
- Works with all FESCO departments to develop the best possible solutions to the member’s long and short-term needs.
- Attends and participates in key accounts meetings and conferences resulting in a greater understanding and improved relationships with key members.
- Maintains a network of experts which will aid in providing solutions to key members business needs.
- Works closely with economic development officials to affect expansion and market development opportunities.
- Forms partnerships and relationships with other businesses and organizations that help the Cooperative meet key member needs.
- Initiates and supports various communication methods such as periodic newsletters, e-mail, web page, and direct mailings.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Four-year college degree in Marketing, Economic Development, Business Administration, or a related field is required. Additional training in public speaking, writing and account management is preferred. Participation in pertinent workshops to keep technical skills current is mandatory.
EXPERIENCE:A minimum of five-(5) years’ experience in managing major business accounts, negotiating business deals, and building customer relationships is required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS: Must have exceptional listening skills to effectively understand the key member’s business operations and needs. Must have the ability to work independently and plan, organize and prioritize work schedules. Must have the ability to understand complex business problems from a technical and financial aspect and develop creative solutions to those problems. Must have the ability to coordinate the efforts of all departments within FESCO. Must be able to create relationships and partnerships with vendors and contractors that create added value for key members. Must have the ability to work under pressure to complete projects and accomplish objectives by specified deadlines.
WORK AND SAFETY ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a standard office environment, with occasional weekend and evening work and occasional in-state or out-of-state travel.
- Must be able to perform required duties during extended hours in emergencies.
- Knowledge of safety issues affecting office workers.
- Ability to lift and move a box of copy paper weighing approximately 40 pounds.
- Ability to move about and within an office building and on various terrains.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk and sit for extended periods.
- Ability to perform essential functions that require frequent, prolonged viewing and use of computer monitor, keyboard, and computer mouse for extended periods.
- Operates all cooperative equipment in accordance with FESCO policies and procedures, safety rules, manufacturer guidelines, regulations, and codes and seeks input from the Manager of Key Accounts when information is unclear, inadequate, or requires interpretation.
- Complies with all FESCO policies, procedures, and safety rules as they apply to communications and recommends to all co-workers the use and practice of the same.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Key Accounts Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Key Accounts and Economic Development.
This Position Description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform or assume additional position-related responsibilities other than those stated in this description.
Lorain Medina Rural Electric Cooperative and North Central Electric Cooperative reserve the right to revise or change the position responsibilities as the need arises. This Position Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The time frames mentioned for the successful accomplishment of training phases are for illustrative purposes only and should not be construed as an implied contract of employment for any amount of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
As part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in 2022, a new federal program was created that provides great opportunity for Ohio – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF). It allocates $27 billion in financial assistance through three programs to reduce harmful air pollutants, mobilize financing and private capital, and deliver benefits for low-income and disadvantaged communities.read more
60,000 concert goers attend inaugural 4 day Voices of America Country Music Festival in West Chester, Ohio with Alabama, JoDee Messina, Lainey Wilson, Dan +Shay, and many more!read more
The word is out Central Ohio is a wonderful place to live and work. While job opportunities are prevalent, the housing market is a challenge. The headlines are focused on new builds and further directed at greenspace and farmland depletion, zoning, density, affordability, transportation, congestion, the impact on schools, and concerns about community identity. New builds are vital, but the housing puzzle has an overlooked solution piece with abandoned and underutilized property.read more