Last Call for OEDA 360: Join Us for a Gathering of the Best in the Business
This is your last opportunity to register for OEDA 360. Don’t miss your chance to hear about the latest trends impact economic development, the current state of key Ohio industries, tips on accessing resources, programs, and funding and getting the inside scoop on the political landscape and what that means to #EconDev. Registration closes this Friday, March 2, 2018.
OEDA 360 is an unprecedented gathering of the national, state, and regional economic development leaders, industry experts, and policy makers. Check out the outstanding lineup of speakers and panelists below.
Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential candidates can earn 5.5 elective hours. In addition, OEDA 360 is recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a professional development event that counts toward recertification of Certified Economic Developers (CEcD). Click HERE to register.
Member Rate: $99, Non-Member Rate: $119
S.W.O.T. Ohio –Key Issues Impacting Economic Development Across the State
Moderator: Patty Huddle – Senior Vice President, Economic Development, Columbus 2020
• Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth: John Molinaro, President & CEO
• Columbus 2020: Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer
• Dayton Development Coalition: Julie Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Regional Development
• REDI Cincinnati: Johnna Reeder, President & CEO
• Regional Growth Partnership: Dean Monske, President & CEO
• TeamNEO: Bill Koehler, Chief Executive Officer
Leading Industry Trends: A JobsOhio Perspective
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Automotive: Kristi Tanner, Senior Managing Director, JobsOhio
• Advanced Manufacturing: Glenn Richardson, Managing Director, JobsOhio
• AgriBusiness: Joe Needham, Director, JobsOhio
• BioHealth: Andrew Deye, Senior Director, JobsOhio
Jeff Finkle, CEcD, President and CEO, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), Luncheon Keynote “Future of Economic Development”
Dessert Networking Break
Resource Ohio – Tapping into Resources, Programs & Funding
Moderator/Panelist: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency
• JobsOhio: Matt Deptola, Project Manager
• Ohio Department of Transportation: Jeff Loehrke, Regional Manager, Division of Jobs & Commerce
• Ohio Environmental Protection Agency: Laurie Stevenson, Deputy Director for Business Relations
2:45- 3:30 p.m.
Political Landscape Overview – Potential Impacts to Economic Development
• Chris Schmenk, Senior Counsel, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Chris Slagle, Partner, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Matt Koppitch, Attorney and Government Relations Professional, Bricker & Eckler LLP
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2019 class of OhioCEDs — Certified Economic Developersread more
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors across the U.S. and Ohio. According to CNBC, healthcare is only second to technology. Healthcare brings high-paying jobs and significant investment, which is why JobsOhio continues to leverage Ohio’s global leaders in patient care, innovative research and academic institutions to grow and attract leading life science companies to the state.read more
Sandusky County Economic Development Corporation (SCEDC) a non-profit organization that focuses on workforce development, business retention and expansion, and business recruitment for Sandusky County, has received a $5,000 U.S. Bank Foundation Grant for the THINK Sandusky County workforce development initiatives.read more