Last Call for OEDA 360: Join Us for a Gathering of the Best in the Business
This is your last opportunity to register for OEDA 360. Don’t miss your chance to hear about the latest trends impact economic development, the current state of key Ohio industries, tips on accessing resources, programs, and funding and getting the inside scoop on the political landscape and what that means to #EconDev. Registration closes this Friday, March 2, 2018.
OEDA 360 is an unprecedented gathering of the national, state, and regional economic development leaders, industry experts, and policy makers. Check out the outstanding lineup of speakers and panelists below.
Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential candidates can earn 5.5 elective hours. In addition, OEDA 360 is recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a professional development event that counts toward recertification of Certified Economic Developers (CEcD). Click HERE to register.
Member Rate: $99, Non-Member Rate: $119
S.W.O.T. Ohio –Key Issues Impacting Economic Development Across the State
Moderator: Patty Huddle – Senior Vice President, Economic Development, Columbus 2020
• Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth: John Molinaro, President & CEO
• Columbus 2020: Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer
• Dayton Development Coalition: Julie Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Regional Development
• REDI Cincinnati: Johnna Reeder, President & CEO
• Regional Growth Partnership: Dean Monske, President & CEO
• TeamNEO: Bill Koehler, Chief Executive Officer
Leading Industry Trends: A JobsOhio Perspective
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Automotive: Kristi Tanner, Senior Managing Director, JobsOhio
• Advanced Manufacturing: Glenn Richardson, Managing Director, JobsOhio
• AgriBusiness: Joe Needham, Director, JobsOhio
• BioHealth: Andrew Deye, Senior Director, JobsOhio
Jeff Finkle, CEcD, President and CEO, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), Luncheon Keynote “Future of Economic Development”
Dessert Networking Break
Resource Ohio – Tapping into Resources, Programs & Funding
Moderator/Panelist: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency
• JobsOhio: Matt Deptola, Project Manager
• Ohio Department of Transportation: Jeff Loehrke, Regional Manager, Division of Jobs & Commerce
• Ohio Environmental Protection Agency: Laurie Stevenson, Deputy Director for Business Relations
2:45- 3:30 p.m.
Political Landscape Overview – Potential Impacts to Economic Development
• Chris Schmenk, Senior Counsel, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Chris Slagle, Partner, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Matt Koppitch, Attorney and Government Relations Professional, Bricker & Eckler LLP
Extension Educator, Community Development in Noble County to conduct programming for OSU Extension targeted to local needs. An earned Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the time of hire is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in the field of economic development, public administration, business administration, community planning, community development, applied economics or a related field.read more
OEDA invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2018 Annual Summit, themed “Back to Basics” to be held October 17-19 at the Columbus Renaissance Downtown. The sense that 2018 is going to be a very busy and dynamic year serves to remind us that we need to be doing the foundation work better than ever in order to have great success.read more
Ohio has reached a milestone in the Ohio Opioid Technology Challenge with the conclusion of the Idea Phase and the awarding of prize money for the five most innovative concepts to address drug abuse and addiction. Ohio put out a call for anyone with a technology solution to share their idea. Hundreds of average citizens, researchers, caregivers and service providers from across Ohio, the U.S. and nine countries participated, submitting bold and creative ideas that identify ways to accelerate solutions.read more