Last Call for OEDA 360: Join Us for a Gathering of the Best in the Business
This is your last opportunity to register for OEDA 360. Don’t miss your chance to hear about the latest trends impact economic development, the current state of key Ohio industries, tips on accessing resources, programs, and funding and getting the inside scoop on the political landscape and what that means to #EconDev. Registration closes this Friday, March 2, 2018.
OEDA 360 is an unprecedented gathering of the national, state, and regional economic development leaders, industry experts, and policy makers. Check out the outstanding lineup of speakers and panelists below.
Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential candidates can earn 5.5 elective hours. In addition, OEDA 360 is recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a professional development event that counts toward recertification of Certified Economic Developers (CEcD). Click HERE to register.
Member Rate: $99, Non-Member Rate: $119
S.W.O.T. Ohio –Key Issues Impacting Economic Development Across the State
Moderator: Patty Huddle – Senior Vice President, Economic Development, Columbus 2020
• Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth: John Molinaro, President & CEO
• Columbus 2020: Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer
• Dayton Development Coalition: Julie Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Regional Development
• REDI Cincinnati: Johnna Reeder, President & CEO
• Regional Growth Partnership: Dean Monske, President & CEO
• TeamNEO: Bill Koehler, Chief Executive Officer
Leading Industry Trends: A JobsOhio Perspective
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Automotive: Kristi Tanner, Senior Managing Director, JobsOhio
• Advanced Manufacturing: Glenn Richardson, Managing Director, JobsOhio
• AgriBusiness: Joe Needham, Director, JobsOhio
• BioHealth: Andrew Deye, Senior Director, JobsOhio
Jeff Finkle, CEcD, President and CEO, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), Luncheon Keynote “Future of Economic Development”
Dessert Networking Break
Resource Ohio – Tapping into Resources, Programs & Funding
Moderator/Panelist: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency
• JobsOhio: Matt Deptola, Project Manager
• Ohio Department of Transportation: Jeff Loehrke, Regional Manager, Division of Jobs & Commerce
• Ohio Environmental Protection Agency: Laurie Stevenson, Deputy Director for Business Relations
2:45- 3:30 p.m.
Political Landscape Overview – Potential Impacts to Economic Development
• Chris Schmenk, Senior Counsel, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Chris Slagle, Partner, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Matt Koppitch, Attorney and Government Relations Professional, Bricker & Eckler LLP
Fiscal Impact Analysis can be a valuable tool to understand the costs and benefits of development. But FIA can be a complex process that is difficult for policy makers and citizens to comprehend.read more
Ninety percent of the Kenworth Class-8 global truck volume is built in Chillicothe, Ohio!
On April 24, 2019, the community celebrated the groundbreaking for a new paint facility that will improve efficiency and preserve the quality of The World’s Best Truck. The project represents $140 million in capital investment and will bring 100 new, great paying jobs to Ross County upon its completion in 2021. The Kenworth Chillicothe plant, which opened in 1974, currently employs more than 2300 people. In addition to the new paint facility, a $30 million robotic cab assembly system will be installed this summer.read more
In March 2019, I joined the JobsOhio team and determined my first priority was to meet with our local economic development partners across the great state of Ohio. My goal was to understand your experiences with us, learn where we exceeded your expectations, and hear your ideas on ways to improve our partnership. Economic development has always been a team effort, so I wanted to engage the team, and indeed you engaged with us!read more