Last Call for OEDA 360: Join Us for a Gathering of the Best in the Business
This is your last opportunity to register for OEDA 360. Don’t miss your chance to hear about the latest trends impact economic development, the current state of key Ohio industries, tips on accessing resources, programs, and funding and getting the inside scoop on the political landscape and what that means to #EconDev. Registration closes this Friday, March 2, 2018.
OEDA 360 is an unprecedented gathering of the national, state, and regional economic development leaders, industry experts, and policy makers. Check out the outstanding lineup of speakers and panelists below.
Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential candidates can earn 5.5 elective hours. In addition, OEDA 360 is recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a professional development event that counts toward recertification of Certified Economic Developers (CEcD). Click HERE to register.
Member Rate: $99, Non-Member Rate: $119
S.W.O.T. Ohio –Key Issues Impacting Economic Development Across the State
Moderator: Patty Huddle – Senior Vice President, Economic Development, Columbus 2020
• Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth: John Molinaro, President & CEO
• Columbus 2020: Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer
• Dayton Development Coalition: Julie Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Regional Development
• REDI Cincinnati: Johnna Reeder, President & CEO
• Regional Growth Partnership: Dean Monske, President & CEO
• TeamNEO: Bill Koehler, Chief Executive Officer
Leading Industry Trends: A JobsOhio Perspective
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Automotive: Kristi Tanner, Senior Managing Director, JobsOhio
• Advanced Manufacturing: Glenn Richardson, Managing Director, JobsOhio
• AgriBusiness: Joe Needham, Director, JobsOhio
• BioHealth: Andrew Deye, Senior Director, JobsOhio
Jeff Finkle, CEcD, President and CEO, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), Luncheon Keynote “Future of Economic Development”
Dessert Networking Break
Resource Ohio – Tapping into Resources, Programs & Funding
Moderator/Panelist: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency
• JobsOhio: Matt Deptola, Project Manager
• Ohio Department of Transportation: Jeff Loehrke, Regional Manager, Division of Jobs & Commerce
• Ohio Environmental Protection Agency: Laurie Stevenson, Deputy Director for Business Relations
2:45- 3:30 p.m.
Political Landscape Overview – Potential Impacts to Economic Development
• Chris Schmenk, Senior Counsel, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Chris Slagle, Partner, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Matt Koppitch, Attorney and Government Relations Professional, Bricker & Eckler LLP
Economic and workforce professionals are encouraged to utilize the second annual “In Demand Jobs Week” to help fill the “skills gap” between job seekers and employment opportunities.read more
Ohio CDC Association is partnering with Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) to bring the National Development Council (NDC) Housing Development Finance Training to Ohio.
NDC offers this nationally renowned training program that builds the development finance capacity for professionals working at every level and for every sector of the economic, housing and community development profession.read more
Communities driven by private sector technology developments will move to create Smart Communities to address transportation, public service, safety and utility challenges in 2019. Smart Community models are driven by Information Age technology known as the Internet of Things (IoT) and self-driving vehicles known as Autonomous Vehicles (AVs).read more