Last Call for OEDA 360: Join Us for a Gathering of the Best in the Business
This is your last opportunity to register for OEDA 360. Don’t miss your chance to hear about the latest trends impact economic development, the current state of key Ohio industries, tips on accessing resources, programs, and funding and getting the inside scoop on the political landscape and what that means to #EconDev. Registration closes this Friday, March 2, 2018.
OEDA 360 is an unprecedented gathering of the national, state, and regional economic development leaders, industry experts, and policy makers. Check out the outstanding lineup of speakers and panelists below.
Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential candidates can earn 5.5 elective hours. In addition, OEDA 360 is recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a professional development event that counts toward recertification of Certified Economic Developers (CEcD). Click HERE to register.
Member Rate: $99, Non-Member Rate: $119
S.W.O.T. Ohio –Key Issues Impacting Economic Development Across the State
Moderator: Patty Huddle – Senior Vice President, Economic Development, Columbus 2020
• Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth: John Molinaro, President & CEO
• Columbus 2020: Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer
• Dayton Development Coalition: Julie Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Regional Development
• REDI Cincinnati: Johnna Reeder, President & CEO
• Regional Growth Partnership: Dean Monske, President & CEO
• TeamNEO: Bill Koehler, Chief Executive Officer
Leading Industry Trends: A JobsOhio Perspective
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Automotive: Kristi Tanner, Senior Managing Director, JobsOhio
• Advanced Manufacturing: Glenn Richardson, Managing Director, JobsOhio
• AgriBusiness: Joe Needham, Director, JobsOhio
• BioHealth: Andrew Deye, Senior Director, JobsOhio
Jeff Finkle, CEcD, President and CEO, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), Luncheon Keynote “Future of Economic Development”
Dessert Networking Break
Resource Ohio – Tapping into Resources, Programs & Funding
Moderator/Panelist: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency
• JobsOhio: Matt Deptola, Project Manager
• Ohio Department of Transportation: Jeff Loehrke, Regional Manager, Division of Jobs & Commerce
• Ohio Environmental Protection Agency: Laurie Stevenson, Deputy Director for Business Relations
2:45- 3:30 p.m.
Political Landscape Overview – Potential Impacts to Economic Development
• Chris Schmenk, Senior Counsel, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Chris Slagle, Partner, Bricker & Eckler LLP
• Matt Koppitch, Attorney and Government Relations Professional, Bricker & Eckler LLP
Putting products and services in front of international customers can help small and medium-sized businesses grow, and the Ohio Development Services Agency can make it easier to do that.read more
The State of Ohio wants to help businesses grow, and a program offered by the Ohio Development Services Agency can provide the boost needed to improve international marketing or logistics.read more
The chairman and chief executive of NuVasive Inc., Greg Lucier, on Wednesday declared the company’s West Carrollton facility the “largest and most advanced spine medical device factory in the world.”read more