OEDA Code of Ethics
OEDA CODE OF ETHICS
The following code of ethics was established by the professional economic developers in the International Economic Development Council and adopted by the Ohio Economic Development Association membership on October 18, 2017 to ensure a high ethical standard for those involved in economic development.
There may be circumstances where the board may choose to interpret and apply this code to a particular event such as a man-made or natural disaster.
- Professional economic developers shall carry out their responsibilities in a manner to bring respect to the profession, the economic developer and the economic developer’s constituencies.
- Professional economic developers shall practice with integrity, honesty, and adherence to the trust placed in them both in fact and in appearance.
- Professional economic developers will hold themselves free of any interest, influence, or relationship in respect to any professional activity when dealing with clients which could impair professional judgement or objectivity or which in the reasonable view of the observer, has that effect.
- Professional economic developers are mindful that they are representatives of the community and shall represent the overall community interest.
- Professional economic developers shall keep the community, elected officials, boards and other stakeholders informed about the progress and efforts of the area’s economic development program.
- Professional economic developers shall maintain in confidence the affairs of any client, colleague or organization and shall not disclose confidential information obtained in the course of professional activities.
- Professional economic developers shall openly share information with the governing body according to protocols established by that body. Such protocols shall be disclosed to clients and the public.
- Professional economic developers shall cooperate with peers to the betterment of economic development technique, ability, and practice, and to strive to perfect themselves in their professional abilities through training and educational opportunities.
- Professional economic developers shall assure that all economic development activities are conducted with equality of opportunity for all segments of the community without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, disability, age, marital status, or socioeconomic status.
- Refrain from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is defined as any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature.
- Not exploit the misfortune of federally declared disaster-impacted regions. This includes actively recruiting businesses from an affected community.
Putting products and services in front of international customers can help small and medium-sized businesses grow, and the Ohio Development Services Agency can make it easier to do that.read more
The State of Ohio wants to help businesses grow, and a program offered by the Ohio Development Services Agency can provide the boost needed to improve international marketing or logistics.read more
The chairman and chief executive of NuVasive Inc., Greg Lucier, on Wednesday declared the company’s West Carrollton facility the “largest and most advanced spine medical device factory in the world.”read more