OEDA Is On A Roll!
The Ohio Economic Development Association is on a roll! Here’s a snapshot of our 2017 accomplishments:
- OEDA launched a new website that is easy to navigate, graphically engaging, and full of the news and legislative information that you need to know.
- Career opportunities are now delivered directly to you via your inbox the same day they are posted—giving you a head start on taking your career to the next level.
- Membership reached an all-time high and event attendance at our flagship events exceeded expectations. The Annual Excellence Awards featured high-quality, professional videos that award winners can use in their marketing.
- We introduced a new event, OEDA 360 to give you a comprehensive look at the state of economic development in Ohio.
- The Ohio Economic Development Institute (OEDI) received rave reviews in its inaugural year. Nearly 70 people participated in OEDI and 22 are candidates to first to hold the valuable Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential.
- Working with state legislative leadership, we protected the Enterprise Zone program in the budget bill.
- OEDA communicated with every member of Ohio’s congressional delegation to support the efforts to protect private activity bonds, new market tax credits, and the historic tax credit from elimination.
- The investor program enjoyed growth of nearly 20 percent with an expanded investor base that includes new industries and top-tier representatives of the broader economic development community in Ohio.
- Last but certainly not least, we’ve rebranded with a new visual identity that reflects the dynamic energy of the membership we serve and the role we play in expanding your knowledge and network and opportunities to make connections and advance your career. (You’ve probably already caught on that the concentric circles in the logo represent that expansion and the overlapping linear points in the letters in OEDA speak to the connections we help you make!)
This year has been great and we look forward to building on that success in 2018!
Fiscal Impact Analysis can be a valuable tool to understand the costs and benefits of development. But FIA can be a complex process that is difficult for policy makers and citizens to comprehend.read more
Ninety percent of the Kenworth Class-8 global truck volume is built in Chillicothe, Ohio!
On April 24, 2019, the community celebrated the groundbreaking for a new paint facility that will improve efficiency and preserve the quality of The World’s Best Truck. The project represents $140 million in capital investment and will bring 100 new, great paying jobs to Ross County upon its completion in 2021. The Kenworth Chillicothe plant, which opened in 1974, currently employs more than 2300 people. In addition to the new paint facility, a $30 million robotic cab assembly system will be installed this summer.read more
In March 2019, I joined the JobsOhio team and determined my first priority was to meet with our local economic development partners across the great state of Ohio. My goal was to understand your experiences with us, learn where we exceeded your expectations, and hear your ideas on ways to improve our partnership. Economic development has always been a team effort, so I wanted to engage the team, and indeed you engaged with us!read more