OEDA Is On A Roll!
The Ohio Economic Development Association is on a roll! Here’s a snapshot of our 2017 accomplishments:
- OEDA launched a new website that is easy to navigate, graphically engaging, and full of the news and legislative information that you need to know.
- Career opportunities are now delivered directly to you via your inbox the same day they are posted—giving you a head start on taking your career to the next level.
- Membership reached an all-time high and event attendance at our flagship events exceeded expectations. The Annual Excellence Awards featured high-quality, professional videos that award winners can use in their marketing.
- We introduced a new event, OEDA 360 to give you a comprehensive look at the state of economic development in Ohio.
- The Ohio Economic Development Institute (OEDI) received rave reviews in its inaugural year. Nearly 70 people participated in OEDI and 22 are candidates to first to hold the valuable Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential.
- Working with state legislative leadership, we protected the Enterprise Zone program in the budget bill.
- OEDA communicated with every member of Ohio’s congressional delegation to support the efforts to protect private activity bonds, new market tax credits, and the historic tax credit from elimination.
- The investor program enjoyed growth of nearly 20 percent with an expanded investor base that includes new industries and top-tier representatives of the broader economic development community in Ohio.
- Last but certainly not least, we’ve rebranded with a new visual identity that reflects the dynamic energy of the membership we serve and the role we play in expanding your knowledge and network and opportunities to make connections and advance your career. (You’ve probably already caught on that the concentric circles in the logo represent that expansion and the overlapping linear points in the letters in OEDA speak to the connections we help you make!)
This year has been great and we look forward to building on that success in 2018!
The I 70 / 75 Economic Development Summit on May 30 will feature Heather E. McGowan is an internationally known speaker, writer, and advisor. McGowan prepares leaders to most-effectively react to rapid and disruptive changes in education, work, and society. As a Future of Work Strategist, Heather has worked with diverse teams to address these challenges.read more
Two advisors at the Ohio Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Summit Medina Business Alliance Inc. have received prestigious professional certifications after undergoing training through the National Development Council.read more
Students in the course have rated the course very highly. “Some great real world examples” “this was a great course. I learned a lot, not only about course content, but real life examples too.”read more