OEDA Is On A Roll!
The Ohio Economic Development Association is on a roll! Here’s a snapshot of our 2017 accomplishments:
- OEDA launched a new website that is easy to navigate, graphically engaging, and full of the news and legislative information that you need to know.
- Career opportunities are now delivered directly to you via your inbox the same day they are posted—giving you a head start on taking your career to the next level.
- Membership reached an all-time high and event attendance at our flagship events exceeded expectations. The Annual Excellence Awards featured high-quality, professional videos that award winners can use in their marketing.
- We introduced a new event, OEDA 360 to give you a comprehensive look at the state of economic development in Ohio.
- The Ohio Economic Development Institute (OEDI) received rave reviews in its inaugural year. Nearly 70 people participated in OEDI and 22 are candidates to first to hold the valuable Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential.
- Working with state legislative leadership, we protected the Enterprise Zone program in the budget bill.
- OEDA communicated with every member of Ohio’s congressional delegation to support the efforts to protect private activity bonds, new market tax credits, and the historic tax credit from elimination.
- The investor program enjoyed growth of nearly 20 percent with an expanded investor base that includes new industries and top-tier representatives of the broader economic development community in Ohio.
- Last but certainly not least, we’ve rebranded with a new visual identity that reflects the dynamic energy of the membership we serve and the role we play in expanding your knowledge and network and opportunities to make connections and advance your career. (You’ve probably already caught on that the concentric circles in the logo represent that expansion and the overlapping linear points in the letters in OEDA speak to the connections we help you make!)
This year has been great and we look forward to building on that success in 2018!
One of the Dayton region’s largest manufacturing companies is planning a massive expansion at one of its local facilities.
Cargill Inc., a Minnesota-based provider of food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services, will invest $225 million to expand its integrated soybean crush and refined oils facility in Sidney.
The project will create new jobs and further enhance Cargill’s presence in the region.read more
The Montrose Group released A Rural Development White Paper: A Mandate for Transformation timed in conjunction with a forum held in Circleville, Ohio before 100 economic development, business and community leaders focused on rural economic development. A copy of the white paper can be found at https://montrosegroupllc.com/2019/10/rural-development-whitepaper-a-mandate-for-transformation/.read more
URBANA, Ohio – On November 1, students from Urbana High School were announced as the winners of the second annual Champaign County Design Challenge during the county-level competition at Urbana University. The winning team, consisting of Ron Ragland, Bryant McKenzie, Dale Mason, Bryant Chamberlain, and Johnny Moore, are part of Ohio Hi-Point’s Advanced Manufacturing satellite program at Urbana High School.read more