OEDA Is On A Roll!
The Ohio Economic Development Association is on a roll! Here’s a snapshot of our 2017 accomplishments:
- OEDA launched a new website that is easy to navigate, graphically engaging, and full of the news and legislative information that you need to know.
- Career opportunities are now delivered directly to you via your inbox the same day they are posted—giving you a head start on taking your career to the next level.
- Membership reached an all-time high and event attendance at our flagship events exceeded expectations. The Annual Excellence Awards featured high-quality, professional videos that award winners can use in their marketing.
- We introduced a new event, OEDA 360 to give you a comprehensive look at the state of economic development in Ohio.
- The Ohio Economic Development Institute (OEDI) received rave reviews in its inaugural year. Nearly 70 people participated in OEDI and 22 are candidates to first to hold the valuable Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential.
- Working with state legislative leadership, we protected the Enterprise Zone program in the budget bill.
- OEDA communicated with every member of Ohio’s congressional delegation to support the efforts to protect private activity bonds, new market tax credits, and the historic tax credit from elimination.
- The investor program enjoyed growth of nearly 20 percent with an expanded investor base that includes new industries and top-tier representatives of the broader economic development community in Ohio.
- Last but certainly not least, we’ve rebranded with a new visual identity that reflects the dynamic energy of the membership we serve and the role we play in expanding your knowledge and network and opportunities to make connections and advance your career. (You’ve probably already caught on that the concentric circles in the logo represent that expansion and the overlapping linear points in the letters in OEDA speak to the connections we help you make!)
This year has been great and we look forward to building on that success in 2018!
Extension Educator, Community Development in Noble County to conduct programming for OSU Extension targeted to local needs. An earned Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the time of hire is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in the field of economic development, public administration, business administration, community planning, community development, applied economics or a related field.read more
OEDA invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2018 Annual Summit, themed “Back to Basics” to be held October 17-19 at the Columbus Renaissance Downtown. The sense that 2018 is going to be a very busy and dynamic year serves to remind us that we need to be doing the foundation work better than ever in order to have great success.read more
This is your last opportunity to register for OEDA 360. Don't miss your chance to hear about the latest trends impact economic development, the current state of key Ohio industries, tips on accessing resources, programs, and funding and getting the inside scoop on...read more