OEDA Is On A Roll!
The Ohio Economic Development Association is on a roll! Here’s a snapshot of our 2017 accomplishments:
- OEDA launched a new website that is easy to navigate, graphically engaging, and full of the news and legislative information that you need to know.
- Career opportunities are now delivered directly to you via your inbox the same day they are posted—giving you a head start on taking your career to the next level.
- Membership reached an all-time high and event attendance at our flagship events exceeded expectations. The Annual Excellence Awards featured high-quality, professional videos that award winners can use in their marketing.
- We introduced a new event, OEDA 360 to give you a comprehensive look at the state of economic development in Ohio.
- The Ohio Economic Development Institute (OEDI) received rave reviews in its inaugural year. Nearly 70 people participated in OEDI and 22 are candidates to first to hold the valuable Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential.
- Working with state legislative leadership, we protected the Enterprise Zone program in the budget bill.
- OEDA communicated with every member of Ohio’s congressional delegation to support the efforts to protect private activity bonds, new market tax credits, and the historic tax credit from elimination.
- The investor program enjoyed growth of nearly 20 percent with an expanded investor base that includes new industries and top-tier representatives of the broader economic development community in Ohio.
- Last but certainly not least, we’ve rebranded with a new visual identity that reflects the dynamic energy of the membership we serve and the role we play in expanding your knowledge and network and opportunities to make connections and advance your career. (You’ve probably already caught on that the concentric circles in the logo represent that expansion and the overlapping linear points in the letters in OEDA speak to the connections we help you make!)
This year has been great and we look forward to building on that success in 2018!
Back in February, I saw the SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch from Kennedy Space Center near Cape Canaveral, Florida. I was four miles away from the launchpad, and it was one of the most amazing things I’ve experienced. That’s not pertinent to this story, but I like to brag about it.read more
Water is one of the most vital substances on Earth. It’s a fundamental part of our everyday lives, powering some of our most basic human needs, like hydrating, bathing and cooking. But water is not automatically usable in all forms—throughout history we have made adaptations, such as treating water to rid it of contaminants for our consumption or harnessing its power for electricity. Water remains one of the most crucial components of our everyday lives, which is why Pipeline H2O in Hamilton, Ohio, is fostering the next generation of water technologies.read more
Real estate deals near Dayton International Airport and at Cargill in Sidney got a big boost Monday.
The Dayton-Montgomery County Port Authority Board of Trustees voted unanimously Monday to boost both business expansions, approving deals that will shield construction projects at both sites from state and local sales taxes.
The trustees approved a capital lease financial structure to exempt from sales taxes a $175 million expansion at the Cargill refining plant in Sidney, a project expected to add 12 jobs to a workforce of 293 people.read more