Ohio’s Workforce Supply Tool
The State of Ohio’s Workforce Supply Tool provides employers and job seekers important and actionable information about more than 200 of the most in-demand occupations in Ohio. The tool includes:
- Statewide and regional workforce supply information
- Historical and future estimates on the number of graduates from programs offering credentials or degrees in in-demand areas
- Institutions that offer credentials or degrees in in-demand areas
- Regional earnings by occupation
- Regional employment numbers for each occupation
The Workforce Supply Tool is a one-stop website that helps diverse users make important decisions.
- Businesses considering relocating or expanding can identify the number of skilled workers available in a region.
- Recruiters and human resource leaders can identify and forge relationships with institutions that educate and train the workers they need.
- Job seekers and those considering pursuing a certification or degree can use the tool to identify earning potential in a chosen occupation and obtain contact information for education and training programs.
- Higher education providers can use the tool to identify similar programs and coordinate degree and certificate offerings.
Access the website through either the “Employers” or “Individuals” section of OhioMeansJobs.com by clicking on the “Workforce Data Tools” icon on the bottom of the page. The icon will take visitors to a landing page that includes links to both the Workforce Supply Tool and its companion Employment Projections Tool. Both tools were developed through a partnership among the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, Ohio Analytics, and the Ohio Education Research Center at The Ohio State University.
Workforce Data Tools Links
Workforce Data Tools Landing Page – https://workforcedatatools.chrr.ohio-state.edu/home
Workforce Supply Tool – https://workforcedatatools.chrr.ohio-state.edu/workforcesupply/
Employment Projections Tool – https://workforcedatatools.chrr.ohio-state.edu/employmentprojections/
Join a discussion, hosted by the Greater Ohio Policy Center (GOPC), to learn about the recently passed HB168, which establishes the bona fide purchaser defense (BFPD) into Ohio law. The establishment of the BFPD into Ohio law better aligns Ohio law with federal standards, and aims to encourage the redevelopment of lightly contaminated brownfield sites.read more
In between our email newsletters and event updates, be sure to go follow OEDA’s new and updated social media channels to ensure you stay up-to-date with our events, economic development news, and other communications!read more
OEDA has been listening and learning as the issues around systemic racism have been brought to the forefront and captured the nation’s attention. It is devastating that the deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd—and, sadly, the indisputable video evidence of their killings—became the catalysts for our country to collectively pay attention and admit that systemic racism exists. What is also indisputable is that the time for change is now.read more