Ohio’s Workforce Supply Tool
The State of Ohio recently updated the Workforce Supply Tool to include approximately 200 in-demand occupations. The Workforce Supply Tool provides both employers and job seekers with important and actionable information about the most in-demand occupations in Ohio, including:
- Statewide and regional workforce supply information
- Historical and future estimates on the number of graduates from programs offering credentials or degrees in in-demand areas
- Institutions that offer credentials or degrees in in-demand areas
- Regional earnings by occupation
- Regional employment numbers for each occupation
The tool was developed to be a one-stop website that provides diverse users with data to help make important decisions, including:
- Businesses considering relocating or expanding can identify the number of skilled workers available in a region.
- Recruiters and human resource leaders can identify and forge relationships with institutions that educate and train the workers they need.
- Job seekers and those considering pursuing a certification or degree can use the tool to identify earning potential in a chosen occupation and obtain contact information for education and training programs.
- Higher education providers can use the tool to identify similar programs and coordinate degree and certificate offerings.
Access the website through either the “Employers” or “Individuals” section of OhioMeansJobs.com by clicking on the “Supply Tool” icon on the bottom of the page. The Workforce Supply Tool was developed through a partnership among the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, Ohio Analytics, and the Ohio Education Research Center at The Ohio State University. The development was made possible by a $180,000 National Skills Coalition State Workforce and Education Alignment Project grant. To learn more about the Workforce Supply Tool, and the other data tools, products and services available through Ohio Analytics, contact Erin Joyce at the Ohio Education Research Center (email@example.com).
Seventh Annual Appalachian Ohio State of the Region Conference
Changing the Narrative
Using Rural Wealth Creation to Transform the Region
OCEA is excited to host its annual conference at the Embassy Suites in Dublin, OH on May 23-25, 2018. Our theme is “The Power of Partnerships!” and the program will include valuable content for attendees from two-year colleges, universities, and employer partners.read more
The 16th Annual
I-70/75 Economic Development Summit
May 24, 2018
Sinclair Community College