President – Wayne County Economic Development – Wooster, OH 44691
General Purpose: The President is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and directing the economic developmental plans, programs, and services of the Wayne Economic Development Council whose mission is to progressively promote and facilitate business retention and strategic business growth in Wayne County. The President must work at the highest levels of integrity, honesty and openness and must create strong and enduring relationships with key leaders in the Wayne County public and private community.
- Establish current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies by working with the Board of Directors, investors, community partners, the private sector, and public officials to develop and implement a strategic plan that serves Wayne County’s current and future economic development needs.
- Evaluate current program structure that maintains and effective system to support the WEDC’s strategy, vision, and goals.
Business Attraction and Retention:
- Implement a cohesive business retention, expansion and attraction program utilizing and coordinating the resources of the Wayne County cities, villages, and townships.
- Develop and implement a targeted attraction program that capitalizes on existing agriculture, manufacturing, education, and service industries.
- Coordinate marketing plans and serve as organization liaison to prospects, state officials, the community, allies, and other related organizations.
- Monitor local, state, and federal legislation, programs, policies, and regulations relating to economic development.
- Review and develop metrics to measure individual and program performance to assure creativity, dynamism, expertise, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Build collaborative partnerships with the cities, townships, villages, chambers of commerce, ATI, OARDC, Ohio State Economic Development Department, Team Northeast Ohio (TeamNEO), NEOTEC, Fund for Our Economic Future and other development organizations.
- Review and respond to company proposals and clients’ requests for specific economic statistics, work force demographics, business sector and community characteristics, incentive programs, and other information.
- Communicate with citizens, contractors, customers, developers, business owners and public and private agencies concerning the services, policies, procedures, activities, and programs of the WEDC.
- Act as the county representative for the Northeast Ohio Four County Regional Planning and Development Organization (NEFCO), Team Ohio, FFEF and NEOTEC.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships; WEDC Board of Directors and investors, city, county and state elected officials, Chamber’s of Commerce, regional and state economic development partners, county citizens, private sector leaders and educational partners.
- Play a significant leadership role within the business, education, and government communities to promote and cultivate endorsement of the WEDC value of proposition of economic development initiatives.
- Ensure that the WEDC staff and volunteer resources are selected, trained, and supervised in a manner that creates high professional standards and effectively meets and enhances the organization’s objectives.
- Prepare and control the financial budget for organization and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and implement plans to secure funding to support the mission and activities of the organization.
- Manage the outside contract commitments of the WEDC including the Wayne County Community Improvement Corporation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Accountability: This position reports to the Executive Committee of the WEDC.
Results: Results will be measured on the overall performance of duties, particularly on achievement of results as measured by board-established priorities and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
Click Here for more information and to Apply Now!
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more