President – Wayne County Economic Development – Wooster, OH 44691
General Purpose: The President is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and directing the economic developmental plans, programs, and services of the Wayne Economic Development Council whose mission is to progressively promote and facilitate business retention and strategic business growth in Wayne County. The President must work at the highest levels of integrity, honesty and openness and must create strong and enduring relationships with key leaders in the Wayne County public and private community.
- Establish current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies by working with the Board of Directors, investors, community partners, the private sector, and public officials to develop and implement a strategic plan that serves Wayne County’s current and future economic development needs.
- Evaluate current program structure that maintains and effective system to support the WEDC’s strategy, vision, and goals.
Business Attraction and Retention:
- Implement a cohesive business retention, expansion and attraction program utilizing and coordinating the resources of the Wayne County cities, villages, and townships.
- Develop and implement a targeted attraction program that capitalizes on existing agriculture, manufacturing, education, and service industries.
- Coordinate marketing plans and serve as organization liaison to prospects, state officials, the community, allies, and other related organizations.
- Monitor local, state, and federal legislation, programs, policies, and regulations relating to economic development.
- Review and develop metrics to measure individual and program performance to assure creativity, dynamism, expertise, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Build collaborative partnerships with the cities, townships, villages, chambers of commerce, ATI, OARDC, Ohio State Economic Development Department, Team Northeast Ohio (TeamNEO), NEOTEC, Fund for Our Economic Future and other development organizations.
- Review and respond to company proposals and clients’ requests for specific economic statistics, work force demographics, business sector and community characteristics, incentive programs, and other information.
- Communicate with citizens, contractors, customers, developers, business owners and public and private agencies concerning the services, policies, procedures, activities, and programs of the WEDC.
- Act as the county representative for the Northeast Ohio Four County Regional Planning and Development Organization (NEFCO), Team Ohio, FFEF and NEOTEC.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships; WEDC Board of Directors and investors, city, county and state elected officials, Chamber’s of Commerce, regional and state economic development partners, county citizens, private sector leaders and educational partners.
- Play a significant leadership role within the business, education, and government communities to promote and cultivate endorsement of the WEDC value of proposition of economic development initiatives.
- Ensure that the WEDC staff and volunteer resources are selected, trained, and supervised in a manner that creates high professional standards and effectively meets and enhances the organization’s objectives.
- Prepare and control the financial budget for organization and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and implement plans to secure funding to support the mission and activities of the organization.
- Manage the outside contract commitments of the WEDC including the Wayne County Community Improvement Corporation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Accountability: This position reports to the Executive Committee of the WEDC.
Results: Results will be measured on the overall performance of duties, particularly on achievement of results as measured by board-established priorities and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
Click Here for more information and to Apply Now!
Clinton County Port Authority Proud to be an SBDC Ambassador
The Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA) is proud to be one of 50 Ambassadors for the 2023 SBDC Day on March 15, 2023. The day is a national, collective proclamation of the impact America’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) have on the success of our nation’s dreamers, innovators, and doers – America’s small businesses.read more
Now’s the time to Tune up your BRE Program and Take advantage of Early Bird Discounts
OEDI’s Business Retention & Expansion (BRE) Course is taking place May 25 – 26, in Dublin, Ohio. The course is an intensive two-day in person course that focuses on how economic developers work with companies to help them succeed, grow and expand in their community.read more
Transit-Oriented Development Project Aims to Streamline Walkable, Mixed-Use Development
Zoning regulations are limiting the construction of new mixed-use buildings along major transit lines in Cuyahoga County. That is a major finding of a Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Zoning Study being completed by the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission with partners at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority and in collaboration with the Cities of Cleveland, Shaker Heights, and Fairview Park.read more