Research Analyst – Ohio Southeast Economic Development – Nelsonville, OH
Job Title: Research Analyst
Location: Nelsonville, OH, or pre-approved remote location
Experience: 3 to 5 years of professional experience preferred
Education: BA required in regional planning, public administration, geography, economics, business or other field which requires substantial use of socio‐economic research skills. A related Master’s Degree is a plus.
Reports To: Ohio Southeast President – Business Development
Compensation: Competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package.
Deadline: Applications accepted until November 18, 2020, or until the position is filled, whichever is later
Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth (doing business as Ohio Southeast Economic Development (OhioSE)) is a private, non‐profit organization that serves as the JobsOhio Network partner for 25 counties in Appalachian Ohio. OhioSE works with JobsOhio and community and regional partners, to retain, attract and expand jobs and regional investment.
OhioSE is seeking a Research Analyst to support its JobsOhio economic development functions and help meet other operational data and research needs. The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in regional planning, public administration, geography, economics, business or other field which requires substantial use of socio‐economic research skills and have 3 to 5 years of related professional experience. The candidate should be well versed in various data sets, research tools, technology use, interpreting and clearly presenting data and using database software and other tools to record, store, manipulate and analyze data. The strongest candidates will also have training and/or experience in mining and organizing data from a CRM system (SalesForce preferred) to support marketing, sales and performance analytics. Experience with Pardot, Google Analytics and/or web design/development would also be a strong plus.
OhioSE is a lean and nimble non‐profit organization with a small central office and remotely based field staff working across a very large region. We are looking for an independent, self‐starter who can learn as they go with minimal supervision. Good communication skills and a team‐player attitude are needed. A commitment to improving the quality of life in southeastern Ohio and an attitude of continuous improvement are also keys to success.
As a JobsOhio partner, OhioSE operates in a network of regional and statewide economic development organizations that work together to advance the economy of Ohio and its regions. In addition to working with the OhioSE team, the selected candidate will network with JobsOhio and other network partner research and CRM staff to improve performance, meet network‐wide standards and advance economic development across Ohio. The JobsOhio Network provides outstanding opportunities for professional support and skills development.
- Find, use and interpret demographic data, labor force data, tax data and business operating cost data; analyze datasets and extract and present information that is highly relevant to OhioSE’s
- Utilize provided research software and datasets. Conduct Internet searches for additional relevant datasets. Harvest, analyze and present relevant data. Recommend dataset subscriptions to OhioSE management after having talked with other JobsOhio Network Partner research
- Cooperate and coordinate with JobsOhio Network Partner research teams to meet statewide research and data needs and ensure OhioSE’s treatment and presentation of data is consistent with statewide
- Serve as the OhioSE’s SalesForce expert for searching, finding, maintaining, preparing & interpreting data & reports from SalesForce.
- Present data and research in presentation format, often Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Layout factsheets and other data presentations in graphic design/publishing software. Develop labor profiles for commuting radius around key sites and to help communities market their economic development
- Provide targeted company and industry sector research when requested by OhioSE Project Management
- Support OhioSE Sites Manager and Project Management Team on very quick‐turn‐around Requests for Information (RFIs) from site selectors and
- Provide support for JobsOhio site related programs and initiatives. Assistance could include creating spreadsheets to track projects/data, requesting follow up data from utilities or other regional partners,
- Provide leadership and training to OhioSE’s team on data entry standards and procedures, and effective use of the SalesForce CRM. Work with and update data in OhioSE’s CRM system to help insure data integrity, analyze trends and/or support
- Support OhioSE Sales, Marketing and PR through effective use of linked Pardot/Salesforce systems. Generate and manage campaign
- Prepare maps, aerial photos and other data using geographic mapping software as requested.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience preferred. Graduate studies and/or volunteer experience demonstrating research abilities may substitute for employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required and a graduate degree is a plus. Related fields include but are not limited to regional planning, public administration, geography, economics, business or other field which requires substantial use of socio‐economic research
- Ability to present data in a clear and understandable format.
- Self‐starter with the ability to take a task and run with it with minimal supervision strongly
- Working knowledge of economic development is useful but not
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and major economic data research tools required. Familiarity with SalesForce, Pardot, GIS Software, HTML, web and/or social media analytics would be a significant plus.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to deal with changing work demands; ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Solid English writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with total discretion
- Ability to travel occasionally within southeast and central Ohio. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Method of Response: Please submit a cover letter, resume describing relevant skills and professional experience, and contact information for at least three relevant academic or professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until November 18, 2020, or until the position is filled, whichever is later. No phone inquiries please. OhioSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About three months ago, we launched our Recovery Within Reach campaign, a first-of-its-kind effort to educate Ohioans about the financial effects of opioid addiction — and to connect them with treatment options close to their homes.
Our goal is to create a new way of talking about addiction, one in which people consider the facts and practical realities of how substance use disorder affects their lives. Not long ago, Gov. Mike DeWine challenged all of us in state government to think of ways we could help Ohioans navigate the opioid crisis that has affected our state for so long. For us, that meant considering the financial effects of addiction — and providing tools and trainings to help Ohioans and financial advisers talk about addiction and access care.read more
Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) received $45 million in New Markets Tax Credits, which it will use to spur development in transformational projects in Uptown Cincinnati.read more
Newark Development Partners (NDP), the community improvement corporation for the City of Newark, continues to further development in the Downtown through various projects. The sale of the Hudson Avenue Church with surrounding property, the renewal of the Downtown Special Improvement District and the commencement of construction at the Historic Arcade are all recent successes for the City of Newark.read more