Research and Analytics Manager – One Columbus
One Columbus is the economic development organization for the 11-county Columbus Region. We are leading a comprehensive regional growth strategy that develops and attracts the world’s most competitive companies, grows a highly adaptive workforce, prepares our communities for the future, and inspires corporate, academic and public innovation throughout the Columbus Region. Our vision for the Columbus Region to be the most prosperous region in the United States.
The Research and Analytics Manager is a pivotal contributor to the entire One Columbus organization. This hybrid role works cross-functionally to assure data governance and best-practices are in place and followed, data is collected and updated, and the end-users are able to access, visualize, and utilize as needed. Beyond the day-to-day, you’ll help One Columbus use data and analytics to continually improve, adapt, and change for the benefit of all internal and external stakeholders and partners.
• Set up data governance policies, procedures and best practices, as well as assure the organization is utilizing the best tools possible.
• Research, collect, clean, and analyze all sorts of raw data including geographic, economic, and demographic.
• Manage and administer databases and information systems to support all business functions, including training, access control, set-up, continuous improvement.
• Find new ways to help internal and external stakeholders to utilize data and systems to work more efficiently and effectively.
• Update data-driven web content on the One Columbus website.
• Use various systems and techniques to analyze and visualize data.
• Provide research topics and proactively seek new data sources.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships within local, regional, and national government agencies, and the economic research and real estate communities.
• Answer questions on publications and on the availability and definitions of economic and demographic data.
• Conduct interviews for specific projects and initiatives.
• Analyze internal and external data using GIS and produce cartographic maps for reports and publications.
• Provide support for urgent project-related requests, including requests for information, company profiles, presentation materials, etc.
• Work with internal One Columbus stakeholders to verify that records in Salesforce are accurate and complete in accordance with internal and partner guidelines.
• Other ad hoc requests and responsibilities in association with state and local partners.
You’re a true generalist that is always challenging the status quo, willing to try new methods and tools. You live and breathe data and systems and are always coming up with new solutions to make work better. Not only do you know how to find, clean, and analyze data, but you can help others visualize and present it in a way they never thought imaginable. You have a true passion for helping others, are extremely organized, and have the utmost pride in your work; needless to say, you execute with flawless precision. You’re a fast learner, listen and look for the smallest details, and know how to adapt in any situation.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, statistics, data analytics, finance, mathematics, or relevant analytical or quantitative fields.
• 2-7 years of work experience, preferably in economic or business research.
• Strong quantitative skills; ability to accurately transcribe, process, analyze, and visualize data.
• Experience using and managing analytics, business intelligence, and CRM tools and languages such as SQL, Tableau, R, Python, Qlik, Salesforce, Stata, SPSS, Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with GIS software is a plus.
• Familiarity with sources of data on employment, wages, and other economic indicators.
• Ability to translate complex quantitative information and concepts into clear written and oral explanations for non-technical users.
• Comfortable communicating and interfacing with senior leaders and officials.
• Collaborative, team-oriented, and client-focused.
• Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail; enterprising and resourceful attitude.
Email your resume to email@example.com
This job ad is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
One Columbus is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. One Columbus expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of One Columbus.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more