Save the Date – ED NOW!
Act Today For Your Communities’ Economic Development Future
ED NOW! is a one-day economic development conference specially designed
for elected and appointed officials. Mark your calendar to attend one
of these events near you!
- Zane State Cambridge, September 11, 2018
- OSU South Center, September 26, 2018
- Buckeye Hills, October 10, 2018
Elected and appointed officials work tirelessly to ensure their communities’ economic development futures are bright. ED NOW! is a one-day conference to support them in their efforts by providing information about economic development strategies, resources, programs, funding, and opportunities specific to communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio.
Through panels, case studies, round tables, and presentations with plenty of opportunity for Q & A, attendees will be able to maximize their efforts to guide their communities’ economic development future. Topics to be covered include:
- Site Selection
- Public Infrastructure
- The Regional Economy
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development Funding: Programs & Tools
Specifically, ED NOW! Act Today for Your Communities Economic Development Future, will let you know:
- How communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio can be competitive for new business investment,
- How they can tap in to funding and resources to support economic development in their communities, and
- What they can do to take advantage of current and emerging industries and opportunities and overcome obstacles.
Who should attend?
- County Commissioners
- City Managers
- City Council Members
- Township Trustees
- School Officials and Board Members
- Port Authority Directors/Board Members
- CIC Directors/Board Members
- Local ED and Private Sector ED Directors
- Other Elected and Appointed Community Leaders Interested in ED
Be sure to mark your calendar to attend one of the events near you. Registration, only $25, will open Monday, August 13. Please share with those who would be interested in this event in your community.
Brought to you by:
A special note of thanks to Buckeye Hills Regional Council, Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission (OVRDC) and Ohio Mid-Eastern Governments Association (OMEGA) for their assistance with this program.
The I 70 / 75 Economic Development Summit on May 30 will feature Heather E. McGowan is an internationally known speaker, writer, and advisor. McGowan prepares leaders to most-effectively react to rapid and disruptive changes in education, work, and society. As a Future of Work Strategist, Heather has worked with diverse teams to address these challenges.read more
Two advisors at the Ohio Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Summit Medina Business Alliance Inc. have received prestigious professional certifications after undergoing training through the National Development Council.read more
Students in the course have rated the course very highly. “Some great real world examples” “this was a great course. I learned a lot, not only about course content, but real life examples too.”read more