Save the Date – ED NOW!
Act Today For Your Communities’ Economic Development Future
ED NOW! is a one-day economic development conference specially designed
for elected and appointed officials. Mark your calendar to attend one
of these events near you!
- Zane State Cambridge, September 11, 2018
- OSU South Center, September 26, 2018
- Buckeye Hills, October 10, 2018
Elected and appointed officials work tirelessly to ensure their communities’ economic development futures are bright. ED NOW! is a one-day conference to support them in their efforts by providing information about economic development strategies, resources, programs, funding, and opportunities specific to communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio.
Through panels, case studies, round tables, and presentations with plenty of opportunity for Q & A, attendees will be able to maximize their efforts to guide their communities’ economic development future. Topics to be covered include:
- Site Selection
- Public Infrastructure
- The Regional Economy
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development Funding: Programs & Tools
Specifically, ED NOW! Act Today for Your Communities Economic Development Future, will let you know:
- How communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio can be competitive for new business investment,
- How they can tap in to funding and resources to support economic development in their communities, and
- What they can do to take advantage of current and emerging industries and opportunities and overcome obstacles.
Who should attend?
- County Commissioners
- City Managers
- City Council Members
- Township Trustees
- School Officials and Board Members
- Port Authority Directors/Board Members
- CIC Directors/Board Members
- Local ED and Private Sector ED Directors
- Other Elected and Appointed Community Leaders Interested in ED
Be sure to mark your calendar to attend one of the events near you. Registration, only $25, will open Monday, August 13. Please share with those who would be interested in this event in your community.
Brought to you by:
A special note of thanks to Buckeye Hills Regional Council, Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission (OVRDC) and Ohio Mid-Eastern Governments Association (OMEGA) for their assistance with this program.
For Ohio to compete for businesses, employment opportunities and residents in the years to come, innovation must be more than an ingredient of the state’s economic development efforts; it must be the driver.read more
What is the future of renewable energy technologies, such as wind and solar, in Ohio? Amidst the range of arguments and policy debates ever in front of the state’s legislature and policy making bodies, what strategies are forthcoming, and how does that impact the energy generation mix?read more
In January 2016, shortly after it was announced that Valspar would be purchased by Sherwin Williams, Valspar revealed that it would close its operation in Medina as part of the purchase agreement. This closing put nearly 100 employees out of work on April 30, 2016.read more