Save the Date – ED NOW!
Act Today For Your Communities’ Economic Development Future
ED NOW! is a one-day economic development conference specially designed
for elected and appointed officials. Mark your calendar to attend one
of these events near you!
- Zane State Cambridge, September 11, 2018
- OSU South Center, September 26, 2018
- Buckeye Hills, October 10, 2018
Elected and appointed officials work tirelessly to ensure their communities’ economic development futures are bright. ED NOW! is a one-day conference to support them in their efforts by providing information about economic development strategies, resources, programs, funding, and opportunities specific to communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio.
Through panels, case studies, round tables, and presentations with plenty of opportunity for Q & A, attendees will be able to maximize their efforts to guide their communities’ economic development future. Topics to be covered include:
- Site Selection
- Public Infrastructure
- The Regional Economy
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development Funding: Programs & Tools
Specifically, ED NOW! Act Today for Your Communities Economic Development Future, will let you know:
- How communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio can be competitive for new business investment,
- How they can tap in to funding and resources to support economic development in their communities, and
- What they can do to take advantage of current and emerging industries and opportunities and overcome obstacles.
Who should attend?
- County Commissioners
- City Managers
- City Council Members
- Township Trustees
- School Officials and Board Members
- Port Authority Directors/Board Members
- CIC Directors/Board Members
- Local ED and Private Sector ED Directors
- Other Elected and Appointed Community Leaders Interested in ED
Be sure to mark your calendar to attend one of the events near you. Registration, only $25, will open Monday, August 13. Please share with those who would be interested in this event in your community.
Brought to you by:
A special note of thanks to Buckeye Hills Regional Council, Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission (OVRDC) and Ohio Mid-Eastern Governments Association (OMEGA) for their assistance with this program.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2019 class of OhioCEDs — Certified Economic Developersread more
As is the case for Ohio and as you all know, the most successful economic development efforts can be directly attributed to the assembly of a talented, highly cohesive and cross-functional team. Earlier this year, our statewide economic development network gained two engaged and energetic advocates in Gov. Mike DeWine and Lt. Gov. Jon Husted. Both are already passionate about being involved.read more
Communities across Ohio are realizing their possibilities for growth because of the investments Ohio is undertaking. Ohio has 320 Qualified Opportunity Zones in 73 counties, and the Ohio Development Services Agency is working to help local communities make the most of the opportunities.read more