Save the Date – ED NOW!
Act Today For Your Communities’ Economic Development Future
ED NOW! is a one-day economic development conference specially designed
for elected and appointed officials. Mark your calendar to attend one
of these events near you!
- Zane State Cambridge, September 11, 2018
- OSU South Center, September 26, 2018
- Buckeye Hills, October 10, 2018
Elected and appointed officials work tirelessly to ensure their communities’ economic development futures are bright. ED NOW! is a one-day conference to support them in their efforts by providing information about economic development strategies, resources, programs, funding, and opportunities specific to communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio.
Through panels, case studies, round tables, and presentations with plenty of opportunity for Q & A, attendees will be able to maximize their efforts to guide their communities’ economic development future. Topics to be covered include:
- Site Selection
- Public Infrastructure
- The Regional Economy
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development Funding: Programs & Tools
Specifically, ED NOW! Act Today for Your Communities Economic Development Future, will let you know:
- How communities in Southern and Eastern Ohio can be competitive for new business investment,
- How they can tap in to funding and resources to support economic development in their communities, and
- What they can do to take advantage of current and emerging industries and opportunities and overcome obstacles.
Who should attend?
- County Commissioners
- City Managers
- City Council Members
- Township Trustees
- School Officials and Board Members
- Port Authority Directors/Board Members
- CIC Directors/Board Members
- Local ED and Private Sector ED Directors
- Other Elected and Appointed Community Leaders Interested in ED
Be sure to mark your calendar to attend one of the events near you. Registration, only $25, will open Monday, August 13. Please share with those who would be interested in this event in your community.
Brought to you by:
A special note of thanks to Buckeye Hills Regional Council, Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission (OVRDC) and Ohio Mid-Eastern Governments Association (OMEGA) for their assistance with this program.
Join a discussion, hosted by the Greater Ohio Policy Center (GOPC), to learn about the recently passed HB168, which establishes the bona fide purchaser defense (BFPD) into Ohio law. The establishment of the BFPD into Ohio law better aligns Ohio law with federal standards, and aims to encourage the redevelopment of lightly contaminated brownfield sites.read more
In between our email newsletters and event updates, be sure to go follow OEDA’s new and updated social media channels to ensure you stay up-to-date with our events, economic development news, and other communications!read more
OEDA has been listening and learning as the issues around systemic racism have been brought to the forefront and captured the nation’s attention. It is devastating that the deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd—and, sadly, the indisputable video evidence of their killings—became the catalysts for our country to collectively pay attention and admit that systemic racism exists. What is also indisputable is that the time for change is now.read more