Special Projects Coordinator – City of Euclid
Job Title: Special Projects Coordinator
Department: Planning and Development
Status: A. Classified B. Nonexempt – FLSA
Job Summary: Working under the direction of the Manager of Community Development and alongside the Community Development division staff, the employee is responsible for administering the implementation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs and projects as well as various other development initiatives to enhance the quality of life for Euclidians.
- Manage primarily non-residential CDBG programs and projects from concept through final completion, including assisting in developing new initiatives and eligible activities in alignment with goals of the “Euclid Master Plan”.
- Work closely with Community Development staff and the Planning and Economic Development Managers on planning, bidding, contracting and implementing projects funded by CDBG and other federal funds. Work closely with the City’s Prevailing Wage Coordinator to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and monitor development programs and projects under other federal, state and county agency grant and loan funds including but not limited to Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) funds and Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds in close collaboration with the Community Development staff.
- Ensure programs, project and sub-grant recipients are compliant with regulatory requirements through site visits, contractor interviews and other measures and report progress to the Community Development Manager regularly.
- Work closely with the Community Development staff and Planning Manager to administer the City’s Storefront Renovation Grant Programs including preparing and maintaining applications, designing program criteria in collaboration with departmental staff, actively seeking out participants and managing all aspects of the contract. Work closely with the Planning and Economic Development Managers throughout the process.
- Serve as a liaison to the City’s Community Development Corporation (CDC) and other committees and required by the Manager or Director.
- Conduct environmental reviews, historical reviews and other reviews necessary for CDBG and other federally funded projects. Maintain certifications.
- Work closely with the Planning Manager and serve as the Local Public Agencies (LPA) Person In Responsible Charge for Ohio Department of Development funded and local-let projects. Maintain certification.
- Participate in grant reporting as needed.
- Collaborate with the Departments of Building, Recreation and Public Service as needed to ensure the success of projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Work Environment: Office. Sedentary work: exerting negligible force; occasional walking and standing. Physical activity: climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering and grasping. Some field time visiting applicant sites.
- Bachelor degree in planning, architecture, construction management or related field and three to five years of related employment experience in the public or private sector required.
- Experience administering federally funded projects preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer relation skills are required to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with construction contracts, construction administration and knowledge of the Ohio Building Code preferred.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion, carry out instructions, prepare documentation and maintain records are essential skills of the job.
It is the policy of the City of Euclid to seek and employ the best qualified individuals for all positions, to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promotion and training: and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation or gender expression, genetic information, military status or veteran status.
Hiring manager: Community Development Manager
Pay rate: $18.00-25.00, per hour, commensurate with experience
Full Time, 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Submit resume with a cover letter, and/or city application to email@example.com
TIFFIN, OHIO – Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership (TSEP) announced today the launch of the Tiffin-Seneca Entrepreneurial Opportunity Clearinghouse (TSEOC), an online destination for investors, entrepreneurs and others to learn about available franchise, business acquisition, investment and other start-up business opportunities. The website for the clearinghouse can be accessed at tseoc.org.read more
ARCHBOLD, OHIO – Partnerships are always sought after, and in most cases, necessary for success across all industry and education. In Defiance County a new partnership has taken place to meet an industry need, education need, and human need. The Defiance Dream Center, Defiance City Schools, OhioMeansJobs-Defiance and Paulding Counties, Defiance County Economic Development Office, and Northwest State Community College have come together to provide a high school construction course that will enable seven students to earn valuable skills and a Lean Yellow Belt Certification.read more
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Thomas Steel Strip, a subdivision of Tata Steel, has announced plans to expand its workforce in Warren, adding 42 new jobs and retaining 220 positions, to support the company’s entrée into the rechargeable battery market.read more