Special Projects Coordinator – City of Euclid
Job Title: Special Projects Coordinator
Department: Planning and Development
Status: A. Classified B. Nonexempt – FLSA
Job Summary: Working under the direction of the Manager of Community Development and alongside the Community Development division staff, the employee is responsible for administering the implementation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs and projects as well as various other development initiatives to enhance the quality of life for Euclidians.
- Manage primarily non-residential CDBG programs and projects from concept through final completion, including assisting in developing new initiatives and eligible activities in alignment with goals of the “Euclid Master Plan”.
- Work closely with Community Development staff and the Planning and Economic Development Managers on planning, bidding, contracting and implementing projects funded by CDBG and other federal funds. Work closely with the City’s Prevailing Wage Coordinator to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and monitor development programs and projects under other federal, state and county agency grant and loan funds including but not limited to Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) funds and Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds in close collaboration with the Community Development staff.
- Ensure programs, project and sub-grant recipients are compliant with regulatory requirements through site visits, contractor interviews and other measures and report progress to the Community Development Manager regularly.
- Work closely with the Community Development staff and Planning Manager to administer the City’s Storefront Renovation Grant Programs including preparing and maintaining applications, designing program criteria in collaboration with departmental staff, actively seeking out participants and managing all aspects of the contract. Work closely with the Planning and Economic Development Managers throughout the process.
- Serve as a liaison to the City’s Community Development Corporation (CDC) and other committees and required by the Manager or Director.
- Conduct environmental reviews, historical reviews and other reviews necessary for CDBG and other federally funded projects. Maintain certifications.
- Work closely with the Planning Manager and serve as the Local Public Agencies (LPA) Person In Responsible Charge for Ohio Department of Development funded and local-let projects. Maintain certification.
- Participate in grant reporting as needed.
- Collaborate with the Departments of Building, Recreation and Public Service as needed to ensure the success of projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Work Environment: Office. Sedentary work: exerting negligible force; occasional walking and standing. Physical activity: climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering and grasping. Some field time visiting applicant sites.
- Bachelor degree in planning, architecture, construction management or related field and three to five years of related employment experience in the public or private sector required.
- Experience administering federally funded projects preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer relation skills are required to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with construction contracts, construction administration and knowledge of the Ohio Building Code preferred.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion, carry out instructions, prepare documentation and maintain records are essential skills of the job.
It is the policy of the City of Euclid to seek and employ the best qualified individuals for all positions, to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promotion and training: and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation or gender expression, genetic information, military status or veteran status.
Hiring manager: Community Development Manager
Pay rate: $18.00-25.00, per hour, commensurate with experience
Full Time, 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Submit resume with a cover letter, and/or city application to email@example.com
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more