Transformational Riverfront Destination Entertainment District and Theme Park Coming to Middletown, Ohio
City of Middletown
The City of Middletown City Council will vote to approve an ordinance authorizing a purchase, sale and development agreement with Main Street Community Capital, LLC for the development of a 1.3-billion-dollar riverfront destination entertainment district and theme park on October 21 after a presentation at the October 5 council meeting from Main Street Community Capital, LLC and their development partners.
The City of Middletown will partner with Main Street to complete a location-based, entertainment-themed, mixed-use super development to be the first of its kind in the nation, known as “Hollywoodland.” The development is expected to include:
- A first-class, full, service, destination Hotel and attached, publicly-owned convention center with roof-top bar, themed restaurant(s) and assorted amenities.
- A second, family-oriented hotel and water park.
- A third, historic, boutique hotel located within the adaptively-redeveloped First National Bank building.
- A major, indoor entertainment and concert venue for large, nationally and internationally-acclaimed artists and touring Broadway productions.
- An indoor amusement park containing multiple, themed entertainment-based rides, virtual reality experiences, immersive entertainment opportunities and integrated retail, food & beverage.
- Structured and integrated underground deck-based parking (publicly-owned) of no fewer than 3,000 spaces.
- On-site, mid-rise, luxury, market-rate apartment units and/or condominiums.
- Permanent, pre-and post-production motion picture studio sound stages and support offices and infrastructure.
- Multiple, restaurants, bars, brew-pubs, and cafes, and a likely comedy club.
- Integrated fashion, electronic, lifestyle, convenience, and recreational retail.
Thousands of new jobs, over $1 Billion in private investment and an estimated 3.5 million yearly visitors to Middletown are a few of the monumental impacts of the project, as well as dramatically increased long-term revenues to the community in the form of recurring income taxes, property taxes and other associated fees.
“This will be a transformational redevelopment opportunity for Middletown that came out of a redevelopment study for our riverfront property. It will encompass over 50 acres of our historic Downtown,” said City Manager Jim Palenick. “It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take full advantage of a myriad of local, city, state and federal incentives we have found a way to access, and in turn, and change the future of our city.”
If approved, the City will utilize $7.5 million of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds toward pre-construction design, engineering, financial structuring and other pre-closing, due-diligence efforts.
“We are thrilled to be bringing this monumental development to Middletown,” said David-Elias Rachie, Main Street Community Capital. “There are great bones to this area and we look forward to working with the City and community members to launch a film and entertainment district, permanently bringing the film industry to the State of Ohio.”
More information about the project can be found at www.MSCCap.com
Save the Date! OEDA Annual Summit September 12-14, 2023
2023 Annual Summit – September 12-14, 2023 – The Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center Ohioread more
Ohio Department of Development Selects MBAC Partners as Part of the Minority Business Assistance Center Network Program
The Ohio Department of Development today announced its selection of hosts to join the Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC) Network Program for the July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025, grant period. They will serve the needs of Ohio’s minority-, women-, veteran-, and disadvantaged businesses for their region.read more
We Can Only Go Up from Here
High Density Mixed Use Planned to Replace Blighted Neighborhood in Whitehall
Like in life, it’s not the hand your dealt that defines you in economic development. It’s about how you play your cards and capitalize on opportunities for your community.