- What: Understanding Economic Development Analysis Workshop
- Who Should Attend: Economic developers (all experience levels), elected and appointed officials, municipal and county finance directors and related staff.
- When: December 7, 2017 from 10 a.m-3 p.m. Lunch is included.
- Where: Ohio University – Dublin Integrated Education Center 6805 Bobcat Way, Dublin, Ohio 43016
- Cost: Member cost is $99 and non-member cost is $129
- Credit: This workshop provides 5 hours of continuing education credit for the Ohio Certified Economic Developer credential
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s latest offering will help you brush up on your skills and learn about economic impact models and tools. And, you’ll see the real-world application of both.
This workshop is for economic development professionals with all levels of experience as well as elected and appointed officials. Whether you are new to the profession or a seasoned pro, the Understanding Economic Impact Analysis workshop will help you take your skills and knowledge to a new level. Even better, you are encouraged to invite the elected and appointed officials who play a key role in economic development decision making in your community or organization. We encourage you to bring along your: city managers, mayors, county commissioners, and township trustees and have them learn more about these important tools alongside you.
Specifically, this workshop will cover economic impact analysis as a common tool used to explain the impact of new firm location, the loss of a major employer or the impact of a new development. Economic impact analysis shows the direct benefit of job creation (or loss), and the impact on the local supply chain and broader economy in terms of employment, income, and economic output. This workshop reviews the common economic impact models: IMPLAN, RIMS-II, and REMI, and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
Mark your calendar for Dec. 7 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and get ready to learn!
Now that you got all that, click HERE to register to attend.
Expand your knowledge and expand your network with OEDA!