Administrative Assistant – Urbana, Ohio
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: CEP Economic Development Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: September 19, 2018
Position Hours: Part Time – 30-35 hrs/wk (flexible)
Benefits: No benefits
The Champaign Economic Partnership (CEP) located in Urbana, Ohio is searching for an experienced, reliable, customer and task-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, can multi-task and prioritize their work load. This position (30-35 hours/week with a flexible schedule) is key to the continued economic growth and sustainability of Champaign County, OH.
Position Summary: Performs a variety of routine and complex clerical, secretarial and administrative work in keeping official records, providing administrative support and secretarial service to the Economic Development Director and CEP board. Assist in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the agency.
Supervision: The administrative assistant is under the direct supervision of the Economic Development Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the database(s) of buildings and properties in Urbana-Champaign County, to be utilized for all leads from JobsOhio or other site selectors. Maintain documentation on all leads that come to the CEP.
- Prepare documents and correspondence regarding CEP matters, as directed by the Director. Prepare and organize CEP files as needed according to projects, subjects and companies.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of the Annual Report and Quarterly newsletters.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the organization’s website.
- Assist in maintaining organization’s social media marketing (facebook/twitter)
- Assist in preparing meeting agendas and related materials for Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- Perform yearly invoicing of partnership investment requests. Handle acknowledgment and follow-up, as needed.
- Assist with coordination of other subcommittees such as the Manufacturers and HR group.
- Assist the director with scheduling of CEO/facility, local/regional/state representatives and site selectors visits.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages. Take and respond to inquiries regarding the CEP. Inform and update the Director of any issues that may need further attention or follow up.
- Required to keep confidentiality regarding all CEP matters, when requested.
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining checking account, office payments, collection of receipts, invoices, payroll and contributions for bookkeeping purposes as approved by the Director.
- Assists the Director with budget preparations.
- Promote a positive working relationship with any other partnership.
- Attend meetings as needed
- Perform other duties as may be required to accomplish the goals and mission of the CEP
Knowledge, skill & experience:
- Minimum of Five (5) years experience in customer service and office management
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows based environment, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks and Internet data gathering and research.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to organize and streamline office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com attn: Marcia Bailey, Economic Development Director
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2019 class of OhioCEDs — Certified Economic Developersread more
As is the case for Ohio and as you all know, the most successful economic development efforts can be directly attributed to the assembly of a talented, highly cohesive and cross-functional team. Earlier this year, our statewide economic development network gained two engaged and energetic advocates in Gov. Mike DeWine and Lt. Gov. Jon Husted. Both are already passionate about being involved.read more
Communities across Ohio are realizing their possibilities for growth because of the investments Ohio is undertaking. Ohio has 320 Qualified Opportunity Zones in 73 counties, and the Ohio Development Services Agency is working to help local communities make the most of the opportunities.read more