Administrative Support Specialist
The Preble County Development Partnership (PCDP) located in Eaton, Ohio is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Administrative Support Specialist. This position will report directly to the Economic Development Director and will be responsible for performing the duties listed below. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. This part-time position (30 hours per week) is an excellent opportunity for you to become a key player in the advancement and promotion of industrial, commercial and civic development of Preble County, Ohio.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, respond to inquiries from the public and existing and potential clients, and perform other public relation duties as requested by the Director.
- Prepare internal and external documents for the PCDP and its industry partners, including marketing materials, emails, letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversees social media. Develop social media content and posts on all applicable social media platforms.
- Writes and/or edits or does layout of newsletters, website and other informational publications.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, assist with set up and execution of meetings and events, including regularly scheduled board and committee meetings, site visits, luncheons, annual Investor Celebration, Job Fairs, Manufacturing Days, etc.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents. This requires continual maintenance and upkeep of the PCDP member and investor lists, accurate financial record keeping including bank deposits.
- Assists with gathering and maintaining property and site database for county sites and buildings. Assists in gathering and evaluating any other data important to economic development.
- Represent the office at various meetings and other duties as requested by the Director or the PCDP Board.
- Assists Director in efforts to maintain ACT Work Ready Community Certification.
- Serves as administrator for Preble County Job Portal by assisting with the posting of resumes, company profiles and job openings; answers questions from companies, job seekers, and students; resolves problems with website including user and technical issues.
- Works with designer/developer of the site to resolve problems and make necessary updates and changes.
- Works with Partnership marketing committee to determine marketing strategies for promotion of the portal/website to companies and job seekers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative support and marketing – reporting directly to senior management.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate computer and Microsoft Office applications, with an ability to become familiar with emerging programs and software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate information.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports others’ efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts will under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
Required Licenses or Experience
- Associates Degree or 5+ years of related work experience.
How to Apply
- Email your Cover Letter and Resume to Brenda Latanza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The I 70 / 75 Economic Development Summit on May 30 will feature Heather E. McGowan is an internationally known speaker, writer, and advisor. McGowan prepares leaders to most-effectively react to rapid and disruptive changes in education, work, and society. As a Future of Work Strategist, Heather has worked with diverse teams to address these challenges.read more
Two advisors at the Ohio Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Summit Medina Business Alliance Inc. have received prestigious professional certifications after undergoing training through the National Development Council.read more
Students in the course have rated the course very highly. “Some great real world examples” “this was a great course. I learned a lot, not only about course content, but real life examples too.”read more