Administrative Support Specialist
The Preble County Development Partnership (PCDP) located in Eaton, Ohio is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Administrative Support Specialist. This position will report directly to the Economic Development Director and will be responsible for performing the duties listed below. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. This part-time position (30 hours per week) is an excellent opportunity for you to become a key player in the advancement and promotion of industrial, commercial and civic development of Preble County, Ohio.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, respond to inquiries from the public and existing and potential clients, and perform other public relation duties as requested by the Director.
- Prepare internal and external documents for the PCDP and its industry partners, including marketing materials, emails, letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversees social media. Develop social media content and posts on all applicable social media platforms.
- Writes and/or edits or does layout of newsletters, website and other informational publications.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, assist with set up and execution of meetings and events, including regularly scheduled board and committee meetings, site visits, luncheons, annual Investor Celebration, Job Fairs, Manufacturing Days, etc.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents. This requires continual maintenance and upkeep of the PCDP member and investor lists, accurate financial record keeping including bank deposits.
- Assists with gathering and maintaining property and site database for county sites and buildings. Assists in gathering and evaluating any other data important to economic development.
- Represent the office at various meetings and other duties as requested by the Director or the PCDP Board.
- Assists Director in efforts to maintain ACT Work Ready Community Certification.
- Serves as administrator for Preble County Job Portal by assisting with the posting of resumes, company profiles and job openings; answers questions from companies, job seekers, and students; resolves problems with website including user and technical issues.
- Works with designer/developer of the site to resolve problems and make necessary updates and changes.
- Works with Partnership marketing committee to determine marketing strategies for promotion of the portal/website to companies and job seekers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative support and marketing – reporting directly to senior management.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate computer and Microsoft Office applications, with an ability to become familiar with emerging programs and software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate information.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports others’ efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts will under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
Required Licenses or Experience
- Associates Degree or 5+ years of related work experience.
How to Apply
- Email your Cover Letter and Resume to Brenda Latanza at email@example.com.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more