Administrative Support Specialist
The Preble County Development Partnership (PCDP) located in Eaton, Ohio is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Administrative Support Specialist. This position will report directly to the Economic Development Director and will be responsible for performing the duties listed below. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. This part-time position (30 hours per week) is an excellent opportunity for you to become a key player in the advancement and promotion of industrial, commercial and civic development of Preble County, Ohio.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, respond to inquiries from the public and existing and potential clients, and perform other public relation duties as requested by the Director.
- Prepare internal and external documents for the PCDP and its industry partners, including marketing materials, emails, letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversees social media. Develop social media content and posts on all applicable social media platforms.
- Writes and/or edits or does layout of newsletters, website and other informational publications.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, assist with set up and execution of meetings and events, including regularly scheduled board and committee meetings, site visits, luncheons, annual Investor Celebration, Job Fairs, Manufacturing Days, etc.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents. This requires continual maintenance and upkeep of the PCDP member and investor lists, accurate financial record keeping including bank deposits.
- Assists with gathering and maintaining property and site database for county sites and buildings. Assists in gathering and evaluating any other data important to economic development.
- Represent the office at various meetings and other duties as requested by the Director or the PCDP Board.
- Assists Director in efforts to maintain ACT Work Ready Community Certification.
- Serves as administrator for Preble County Job Portal by assisting with the posting of resumes, company profiles and job openings; answers questions from companies, job seekers, and students; resolves problems with website including user and technical issues.
- Works with designer/developer of the site to resolve problems and make necessary updates and changes.
- Works with Partnership marketing committee to determine marketing strategies for promotion of the portal/website to companies and job seekers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative support and marketing – reporting directly to senior management.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate computer and Microsoft Office applications, with an ability to become familiar with emerging programs and software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate information.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports others’ efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts will under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
Required Licenses or Experience
- Associates Degree or 5+ years of related work experience.
How to Apply
- Email your Cover Letter and Resume to Brenda Latanza at email@example.com.
Join a discussion, hosted by the Greater Ohio Policy Center (GOPC), to learn about the recently passed HB168, which establishes the bona fide purchaser defense (BFPD) into Ohio law. The establishment of the BFPD into Ohio law better aligns Ohio law with federal standards, and aims to encourage the redevelopment of lightly contaminated brownfield sites.read more
In between our email newsletters and event updates, be sure to go follow OEDA’s new and updated social media channels to ensure you stay up-to-date with our events, economic development news, and other communications!read more
OEDA has been listening and learning as the issues around systemic racism have been brought to the forefront and captured the nation’s attention. It is devastating that the deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd—and, sadly, the indisputable video evidence of their killings—became the catalysts for our country to collectively pay attention and admit that systemic racism exists. What is also indisputable is that the time for change is now.read more