Administrative Support Specialist
The Preble County Development Partnership (PCDP) located in Eaton, Ohio is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Administrative Support Specialist. This position will report directly to the Economic Development Director and will be responsible for performing the duties listed below. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. This part-time position (30 hours per week) is an excellent opportunity for you to become a key player in the advancement and promotion of industrial, commercial and civic development of Preble County, Ohio.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, respond to inquiries from the public and existing and potential clients, and perform other public relation duties as requested by the Director.
- Prepare internal and external documents for the PCDP and its industry partners, including marketing materials, emails, letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversees social media. Develop social media content and posts on all applicable social media platforms.
- Writes and/or edits or does layout of newsletters, website and other informational publications.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, assist with set up and execution of meetings and events, including regularly scheduled board and committee meetings, site visits, luncheons, annual Investor Celebration, Job Fairs, Manufacturing Days, etc.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents. This requires continual maintenance and upkeep of the PCDP member and investor lists, accurate financial record keeping including bank deposits.
- Assists with gathering and maintaining property and site database for county sites and buildings. Assists in gathering and evaluating any other data important to economic development.
- Represent the office at various meetings and other duties as requested by the Director or the PCDP Board.
- Assists Director in efforts to maintain ACT Work Ready Community Certification.
- Serves as administrator for Preble County Job Portal by assisting with the posting of resumes, company profiles and job openings; answers questions from companies, job seekers, and students; resolves problems with website including user and technical issues.
- Works with designer/developer of the site to resolve problems and make necessary updates and changes.
- Works with Partnership marketing committee to determine marketing strategies for promotion of the portal/website to companies and job seekers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative support and marketing – reporting directly to senior management.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate computer and Microsoft Office applications, with an ability to become familiar with emerging programs and software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate information.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports others’ efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts will under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
Required Licenses or Experience
- Associates Degree or 5+ years of related work experience.
How to Apply
- Email your Cover Letter and Resume to Brenda Latanza at email@example.com.
Rural communities are prime targets for companies considering a corporate site location project. Rural areas in the U.S. cover 97 % of the nation’s land area but contain 19.3 % of the population who are more likely to own a single family home, are older and less likely to hold a bachelor’s degree or be in poverty than their urban counters.read more
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) has promoted Timothy J. Wells to vice president, Sales, Economic and Business Development, effective Nov. 2, 2020. Wells replaces Mark James who retired last month.
Wells, 55, will lead AEP’s efforts to attract new commercial and industrial customers to its service territory and help existing customers take advantage of AEP’s growing menu of business consultation services. AEP has unique expertise in the energy field and has become a trusted energy advisor to many of its larger customers. Wells will be responsible for leading growth in services that fall outside of the distribution and transmission of electricity, in addition to helping communities bring new jobs to their local economies.read more
As the economy recovers and Ohio businesses across the state work to stay open or in some cases reopen, JobsOhio’s Northwest Ohio Network Partner, the Regional Growth Partnership, hosting OHZone, a virtual career fair, on Thursday, November 5, 2020.read more