Associate, Research – Team NEO
Provides economic development and research assistance to internal and external clients, economic development organizations, state, county and local government entities as well as not-for-profit, for-profit and project clients. Participates in project strategies, planning, development, coordination, and management. Performs a variety of administrative duties related to project management and tracking. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong customer service skills.
- Project and Partner Related Research
– Assist with analytical work for active client projects with project team members. Provide data and presentation materials and actively participate in client presentations, as appropriate.
- Analyze, Interpret and Present Data
– Gather business and industry intelligence by utilizing a variety databases and tools (Economy.com, EMSI, Salary.com, Burning Glass, etc.)
– Collect, organize, analyze & interpret a variety of data sets
– Will co-manage Team NEO’s business targeting efforts with senior research manager
- Data Proficiencies
– Familiarity with public data sources such (U.S. Census, BLS, IPEDS, etc.)
– Demonstrated competency with software packages and research tools such as spreadsheets (e.g. Excel), GIS/mapping (e.g. ArcGIS), and online data and information gathering tools (e.g. EMSI).
- Other Expectations
– Assists in the development of targeted industry research strategies; help ensure effective integration of research function, learn research tools, best practices and collaborate as a team
– Provides CRM System input and reporting (Salesforce skills preferred)
– Proactively seek partner input/feedback as it relates to industry and research development
– Special projects as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily in-region during the business day, although some early morning and after-hours travel may be expected. Quarterly trips to Columbus anticipated.
Required Education and Experience include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree required in data analytics, public administration, public finance, planning, economics, finance, accounting, geography, or urban studies.
- Master’s degree or working towards a Master’s degree in a related program, preferred.
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques necessary to perform the work of the Research Analyst include, but are not limited to:
– Economic Research
– Employer/Industry Research
– Competitive Landscape Analysis
– Occupational Research
– Supply Chain and Logistics
– Spatial Analysis
- Ability to manage projects, prioritize workloads, be flexible and bring projects to completion on time.
- Strong leadership skills, using team-based approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including group presentation and public speaking experience.
- Experience in research, research design, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data collection, database design, and report writing.
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills.
- Finance experience preferred but not required
- Additional knowledge base on sources of ED data including demographic, and federal/state/local web-based sources.
- Experience leading and/or managing client-related projects.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain work quality/attention to detail
Team NEO is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. Team NEO expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of Team NEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should send an electronic expression of interest and a resume to:
VP of Finance and Administration
Resumes accepted through Wednesday, December 31, 2019
CLICK HERE for the full job description
Rural communities are prime targets for companies considering a corporate site location project. Rural areas in the U.S. cover 97 % of the nation’s land area but contain 19.3 % of the population who are more likely to own a single family home, are older and less likely to hold a bachelor’s degree or be in poverty than their urban counters.read more
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) has promoted Timothy J. Wells to vice president, Sales, Economic and Business Development, effective Nov. 2, 2020. Wells replaces Mark James who retired last month.
Wells, 55, will lead AEP’s efforts to attract new commercial and industrial customers to its service territory and help existing customers take advantage of AEP’s growing menu of business consultation services. AEP has unique expertise in the energy field and has become a trusted energy advisor to many of its larger customers. Wells will be responsible for leading growth in services that fall outside of the distribution and transmission of electricity, in addition to helping communities bring new jobs to their local economies.read more
As the economy recovers and Ohio businesses across the state work to stay open or in some cases reopen, JobsOhio’s Northwest Ohio Network Partner, the Regional Growth Partnership, hosting OHZone, a virtual career fair, on Thursday, November 5, 2020.read more