Business Development Manager – South Central Power Company – Lancaster, OH
South Central Power Company, Ohio’s largest electric cooperative, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Business Development Manager at our Lancaster office.
The successful candidate will be responsible in supporting and implement the company’s targeted Key Account and Economic Development program goals. The program assures coordination and implementation of products and services that help key accounts succeed. The program involves all aspects of key account development from initial contact during the “business attraction” stage of economic development efforts to maintaining ongoing relationships. This position will continue to build effective stakeholder engagement strategies with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. This position will proactively develop and coordinate efforts in locating and promoting energy intensive business growth.
Essential functions include:
- Assisting in the development and categorization of key accounts.
- Special project requests.
- Identify trends or events that may present additional opportunities or risks and develop programs, proposals and services to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key state, regional and local economic development stakeholders to promote company service areas and offerings to industry prospects. Actively seek board positions within local economic development organizations.
- Work with economic development organization partners to promote the company’s service area as an attractive location for new business/expansion through targeted business recruitment missions and attendance at significant national, regional and local meetings/conferences.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for new business prospects and coordinates the company response for specific site selection inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining the economic development database that tracks project activities and monthly reporting activities.
- Assist with the implementation of annual and long-term business strategic plans for the department.
- Create, promote and maintain safety in every activity, holding yourself and team members accountable for safe behavior.
The Business Development Manager will directly oversee the activities of two (2) Key Account Representatives and report to the Director of Energy Services and Business Development.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Communications, or related field required. Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or Certified Key Account Executive (CKAE) is highly desired.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience working in economic development, energy services or key accounts at an electric utility or related organization is required.
- Knowledge of electricity and electrical distribution and transmission circuits. A general understanding of energy related electro-technologies is required.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Apply to join our team today!
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Social Media
- Changing Currents
Click Here for more information and to Apply
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more