Business Development Manager – South Central Power Company – Lancaster, OH
South Central Power Company, Ohio’s largest electric cooperative, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Business Development Manager at our Lancaster office.
The successful candidate will be responsible in supporting and implement the company’s targeted Key Account and Economic Development program goals. The program assures coordination and implementation of products and services that help key accounts succeed. The program involves all aspects of key account development from initial contact during the “business attraction” stage of economic development efforts to maintaining ongoing relationships. This position will continue to build effective stakeholder engagement strategies with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. This position will proactively develop and coordinate efforts in locating and promoting energy intensive business growth.
Essential functions include:
- Assisting in the development and categorization of key accounts.
- Special project requests.
- Identify trends or events that may present additional opportunities or risks and develop programs, proposals and services to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key state, regional and local economic development stakeholders to promote company service areas and offerings to industry prospects. Actively seek board positions within local economic development organizations.
- Work with economic development organization partners to promote the company’s service area as an attractive location for new business/expansion through targeted business recruitment missions and attendance at significant national, regional and local meetings/conferences.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for new business prospects and coordinates the company response for specific site selection inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining the economic development database that tracks project activities and monthly reporting activities.
- Assist with the implementation of annual and long-term business strategic plans for the department.
- Create, promote and maintain safety in every activity, holding yourself and team members accountable for safe behavior.
The Business Development Manager will directly oversee the activities of two (2) Key Account Representatives and report to the Director of Energy Services and Business Development.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Communications, or related field required. Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or Certified Key Account Executive (CKAE) is highly desired.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience working in economic development, energy services or key accounts at an electric utility or related organization is required.
- Knowledge of electricity and electrical distribution and transmission circuits. A general understanding of energy related electro-technologies is required.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Apply to join our team today!
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Social Media
- Changing Currents
Click Here for more information and to Apply
Clinton County Port Authority Proud to be an SBDC Ambassador
The Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA) is proud to be one of 50 Ambassadors for the 2023 SBDC Day on March 15, 2023. The day is a national, collective proclamation of the impact America’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) have on the success of our nation’s dreamers, innovators, and doers – America’s small businesses.read more
Now’s the time to Tune up your BRE Program and Take advantage of Early Bird Discounts
OEDI’s Business Retention & Expansion (BRE) Course is taking place May 25 – 26, in Dublin, Ohio. The course is an intensive two-day in person course that focuses on how economic developers work with companies to help them succeed, grow and expand in their community.read more
Transit-Oriented Development Project Aims to Streamline Walkable, Mixed-Use Development
Zoning regulations are limiting the construction of new mixed-use buildings along major transit lines in Cuyahoga County. That is a major finding of a Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Zoning Study being completed by the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission with partners at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority and in collaboration with the Cities of Cleveland, Shaker Heights, and Fairview Park.read more