Business Development Manager – South Central Power Company – Lancaster, OH
South Central Power Company, Ohio’s largest electric cooperative, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Business Development Manager at our Lancaster office.
The successful candidate will be responsible in supporting and implement the company’s targeted Key Account and Economic Development program goals. The program assures coordination and implementation of products and services that help key accounts succeed. The program involves all aspects of key account development from initial contact during the “business attraction” stage of economic development efforts to maintaining ongoing relationships. This position will continue to build effective stakeholder engagement strategies with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. This position will proactively develop and coordinate efforts in locating and promoting energy intensive business growth.
Essential functions include:
- Assisting in the development and categorization of key accounts.
- Special project requests.
- Identify trends or events that may present additional opportunities or risks and develop programs, proposals and services to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key state, regional and local economic development stakeholders to promote company service areas and offerings to industry prospects. Actively seek board positions within local economic development organizations.
- Work with economic development organization partners to promote the company’s service area as an attractive location for new business/expansion through targeted business recruitment missions and attendance at significant national, regional and local meetings/conferences.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for new business prospects and coordinates the company response for specific site selection inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining the economic development database that tracks project activities and monthly reporting activities.
- Assist with the implementation of annual and long-term business strategic plans for the department.
- Create, promote and maintain safety in every activity, holding yourself and team members accountable for safe behavior.
The Business Development Manager will directly oversee the activities of two (2) Key Account Representatives and report to the Director of Energy Services and Business Development.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Communications, or related field required. Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or Certified Key Account Executive (CKAE) is highly desired.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience working in economic development, energy services or key accounts at an electric utility or related organization is required.
- Knowledge of electricity and electrical distribution and transmission circuits. A general understanding of energy related electro-technologies is required.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Apply to join our team today!
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Social Media
- Changing Currents
Click Here for more information and to Apply
Housing demand outstrips supply so much that developers can be – and are – very selective about where they choose to invest. Factors like land price, annexation and zoning processes, infrastructure costs, density, and community design specs will make or break a developer’s go-or-no-go decision. This panel discussion will provide insights into developers’ decision-making processes, as well as help direct the focus of local economic developers to those areas in which they can add value in housing discussions.
The Call for Presentations for the OEDA Annual Summit to be held September 4-6, 2024, at the Glass City Center in Toledo, Ohio, is now open. The Annual Summit offers a unique platform to highlight innovative solutions, spark discussions, and share impactful strategies that have positively influenced communities. The Annual Summit organizers are seeking speakers to provide a variety of high quality educational sessions to attendees.
The Ohio Economic Development Association has announced JP Nauseef and Dr. Ned Hill as the keynote presenters for the upcoming Ohio Basic Economic Development Course, April 29-May 2, in Dublin, Ohio. JP Nauseef, the President and CEO of JobsOhio, which has been described as the “best in class state economic development partnership,” will welcome the Basic Course students and Keynote the course. Dr. Ned Hill, a recognized national expert in economic growth, regional development, and economic development, will kick off the course by covering “What is Economic Development and What is the Job of an Economic Development Professional?”