Project Specialist – Athens County Economic Development Council
Athens County Economic Development Council
Project Specialist Job Description
Reports to: Executive Director
Work schedule: Full-time, typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with adjustments made for early morning, evening, and weekend events, and as needed to accomplish stated functions. *(1x per month 7:30am meetings required)
*This list is not all-inclusive. Position requires dedication, adaptability, and commitment to organization above all else.
Marketing & Attraction
• Promote positive image of ACEDC (Shared)
• Maintain Zoom Prospector database; update site/building information and attend trainings (Shared)
• Oversee marketing for ACEDC and manage relationship with consultants
• Lead social media presence and keep website current and professional
• Assist with creation of annual reports and presentations
• Handle requests for economic/workforce data and reports (Shared)
• Help identify trade shows and attraction events
Young Athens Professionals
• Co-organize monthly YAP happy hours w/ Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
• Coordinate social media presence; update blog and website
• Foster community and business relationships
• Oversee YAP email & general communications
• Create YAP marketing materials
Business Retention & Expansion
• Update JobsOhio BRE portal submissions
• Schedule company BRE visits (Shared)
• Attend BRE software program trainings
• Attend BRE visits when director is unable
Revolving Loan Fund & Grant Administration
• Keep RLF marketing materials current
• Distribute/review application materials
• Coordinate communication with partners (Underwriter, State of Ohio, private lender, loan/grant review committee, commissioners, etc.)
• Preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and other required reporting documents (Shared)
• Respond to client needs and requests; assist with application process (Shared)
• Assisting Executive Director with grant/RLF compliance and reporting (Shared)
• Update monthly ACEDC Activities Report (Shared)
• Support administrative assistant with accounts payable/receivable
• Copy & scanning
• Check mail in administrative assistance’s absence
• Schedule meetings using Doodle surveys/polls
• Run necessary errands (must have reliable transportation)
• Prepare/distribute EDC and Port Authority meeting materials and recording minutes
• Coordinate bi-monthly Entrepreneurial Development Group meetings
• Manage EDC software and subscriptions including JobsEQ, Basecamp, Canva, etc.
• Organize events including scheduling, booking rooms/locations, securing speakers, and understanding IT/tech needs.
• Complete required Sunshine Law Trainings; handle public records requests (Shared)
• Comfortable answering multiple phone lines, call forwarding, etc.
Requirements of the job:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to develop positive and beneficial relationships.
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative on projects with or without guidance.
• Knowledge of business principles, especially small business.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organization and follow-up skills.
• Self-motivation and ability to work well with little supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Proficient in computer programs including: Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Word Press and Social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.); understanding of marketing/business management systems.
• Work in a small business
• Customer service
• Work in non-profit organizations preferred
• College degree required
• Familiar with Athens community and surrounding region
• Basic economic development principles (preferred)
• Some travel required and applicant must have own transportation
• Position may require occasional early morning or evening meetings
Wage: This is a salaried position, the wage for which is negotiated and agreed upon at the time of hire. Salary commensurate with experience and education. Periodic pay increases may be given as deemed appropriate and affordable by the Executive Director and the budgeting process. Merit increases may be given as the result of positive performance evaluations and cost-of-living increases may be given after each full year of employment.
Benefits: The ACEDC offers employees paid vacation, sick leave and personal time, as well as a generous retirement plan and a health care savings account for eligible employees. All benefits begin after 90-day probation unless stated otherwise.
For full consideration, send resume or professional CV, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line, “ACEDC Project Specialist Application” by Friday, January 14th at 3pm.
Clinton County Port Authority Proud to be an SBDC Ambassador
The Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA) is proud to be one of 50 Ambassadors for the 2023 SBDC Day on March 15, 2023. The day is a national, collective proclamation of the impact America’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) have on the success of our nation’s dreamers, innovators, and doers – America’s small businesses.read more
Now’s the time to Tune up your BRE Program and Take advantage of Early Bird Discounts
OEDI’s Business Retention & Expansion (BRE) Course is taking place May 25 – 26, in Dublin, Ohio. The course is an intensive two-day in person course that focuses on how economic developers work with companies to help them succeed, grow and expand in their community.read more
Transit-Oriented Development Project Aims to Streamline Walkable, Mixed-Use Development
Zoning regulations are limiting the construction of new mixed-use buildings along major transit lines in Cuyahoga County. That is a major finding of a Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Zoning Study being completed by the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission with partners at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority and in collaboration with the Cities of Cleveland, Shaker Heights, and Fairview Park.read more